Login

russian armor

Vehicles passing through each other

Vaz
17 Mar 2016, 21:10 PM

Is this one the table to get fixed? It's been in the game for a while now. Normally vehicles are supposed to get stuck something big is in front or in behind. Sometimes when I trap tigers and panthers that want to retreat, they might initially get a little stuck, but then shortly after they will just pass right through the flanking tank. I watched it happen at full speed with no deceleration between my Sherman and someone's panther as well. I also recently saw 2 sextons firing from the same space at the same time.
17 Mar 2016, 21:18 PM

its fun when a stug pass troght you cromwell when you just flanked as he back and you lose the cromwell
19 Mar 2016, 07:11 AM

This is actually an improvement because before units would constantly get stickied and be stuck and you'd lose them.

Units passing through each other only happens sometimes so its not a big deal
19 Mar 2016, 08:06 AM

This is actually an improvement because before units would constantly get stickied and be stuck and you'd lose them.

Whenever I see this case, there is a heavy tank retreating through medium tank. Blocking the heavies using mediums is the one of the biggest tactics to destroy them. It is really really big deal.
19 Mar 2016, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This bug happens when both units are moving, right?
19 Mar 2016, 08:37 AM

But it should stay on units passing trough their allies though
19 Mar 2016, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But it should stay on units passing trough their allies though

Does that even exist? My surviving tankers who watched their comrades blow up while scratching their front paint say "No".
19 Mar 2016, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 08:43 AMVuther

Does that even exist? My surviving tankers who watched their comrades blow up while scratching their front paint say "No".

I have mainly encountered this "bug" with my friendly vehicles first colliding, the corners of their models overlapping, and then one vehicle moving through the other. Usually both vehicles stop before hand, so they have to reaccelerate to move through one another.

I'd imagine in friendly versus enemy situations the same would happen, mitigating somewhat the deleterious effects of the enemy running away when you're trying to block. I had a flame tank try to run through my 222 for example but it slowed down and stopped before hand and then tried to reaccelerate before dying.
19 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have mainly encountered this "bug" with my friendly vehicles first colliding, the corners of their models overlapping, and then one vehicle moving through the other. Usually both vehicles stop before hand, so they have to reaccelerate to move through one another.

I'd imagine in friendly versus enemy situations the same would happen, mitigating somewhat the deleterious effects of the enemy running away when you're trying to block. I had a flame tank try to run through my 222 for example but it slowed down and stopped before hand and then tried to reaccelerate before dying.

I'm mostly kidding, I've definitely seen it happen with my own units.

Just, never enough :foreveralone:
19 Mar 2016, 19:34 PM

Bullshit its not a big deal, are you kidding me? Tanks escaping can be gamebreaking, since this game is so brilliantly designed around people waiting for their precious heavy tanks. Flanking and stopping them is one of the best ways to kill them, except when matter stops being matter...
19 Mar 2016, 19:36 PM

its fun when a stug pass troght you cromwell when you just flanked as he back and you lose the cromwell

Love that. 8/8 when that happens.
19 Mar 2016, 19:49 PM

This nasty bug heavily puts the player who has to flank on disdadvantage. I can't say how many times I got a nice flank on a panther with two M10, blocked it and it just passed through backwards. instead of 2 M10 to 0 Panther it ended with 1 M10 to 1 Panther most often. I lost games I would have won otherwise because of this.

I would be happy back in those days to know the solution I know today: Once you are behind the enemy tank, instantly spam stop hotkey. Doing so the enemy tanks will get blocked for sure.
Vaz
19 Mar 2016, 23:35 PM

It happens with two friendlies and friendly with enemy. Yes I notice it most when a heavy is trying to retreat after going in and getting flanked. In fact, almost every time I have blocked a heavy that I can remember, it has passed through my flanker.

This is a big deal, because the flanker is getting rear hits on the target. Once the bug happens lots of confusion happens with targeting and firing, resulting in less shots being delivered to the backside. Then the backside becomes the front side and the flank is defeated. It needs to be changed.

Also, I may still have a replay of a Panther passing through a Sherman at full speed.
20 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM

It only happens when you give a move order while the tank is touching you.

Press stop with the flanking tank once it is behind and nothing can phase through it.
22 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM

Had this happen to me from enemy units and I agree it's a big deal. It's not a big deal for friendly units though because pathfinding in this game is already so awful.

Anyways, people who take this game seriously are dumbas*es. The awful pathfinding and unit movement has been in the game since the beginning. Broken game from the start played by retards.
22 Mar 2016, 14:47 PM

This nasty bug heavily puts the player who has to flank on disdadvantage. I can't say how many times I got a nice flank on a panther with two M10, blocked it and it just passed through backwards. instead of 2 M10 to 0 Panther it ended with 1 M10 to 1 Panther most often. I lost games I would have won otherwise because of this.

I would be happy back in those days to know the solution I know today: Once you are behind the enemy tank, instantly spam stop hotkey. Doing so the enemy tanks will get blocked for sure.

Thank you very much :D Looking forward to the wreckage now...
22 Mar 2016, 15:13 PM

Yeah as others have said, move the flanking vehicles into postion, order it to stop, and nothing can phase through it..

They probably added it in as a result of vehicles totally derping out when trying to move past each other.
22 Mar 2016, 19:06 PM

I feel like this lack of unit collision is a recent thing.
22 Mar 2016, 19:59 PM

Vehicles have always lacked proper collision boxes when moving. The second you hit the stop command and the vehicle stops it gains an appropriately sized it's collision box. This means that in order to block enemy vehicles your own vehicle needs to be stationary.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★