Login

russian armor

M1931 B-4 Howitzer - Let's do something about it!

21 Jun 2016, 10:54 AM

At least we all can agree about something, the thing needs a bug fix for the animations, they are quite broken, and make the thing move painfully slow. if it needs to be this slow at least make the animations look good.

In my opinion the b4 general fix needs to keep it as different as possible compared to other artillery pieces, and the AT/anti fortification performance has to be one of the strong points considering the mediocre commander where is it placed. some kv1 changes could help, but right now there are better ml20 commanders.

I prefer one strong shot salvo, for several shots we have the ml20.
21 Jun 2016, 13:07 PM

So you want some super OP arty for your 4v4? Seems legit.

I played against you using it, and it actually destroyed multiple okw bases in our team. So what do you even want.
21 Jun 2016, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 13:07 PMgeist
So you want some super OP arty for your 4v4? Seems legit.

I played against you using it, and it actually destroyed multiple okw bases in our team. So what do you even want.

Well, if Ostheers are able to have such "super OP" arty, in face of Dive bomb, why USSR shouldn't have it?

I don't suggest to make B-4 UberOP, but it definitely should be buffed, cos worse than that howtizer is only Sexton.

I think, most reasonable would be to give precision shot back, but in nerfed version - no "blind" shots in fog, higher cost, louder boom!, 1.5-2 min cooldown (on ability, not on all barrages). I think, it will be fair and good in that way.

But I also think, that additional (but weaker) salvos for B-4 could also be a solution, for to make that "RNG roulette" little less random.

21 Jun 2016, 13:27 PM

But I also think, that additional (but weaker) salvos for B-4 could also be a solution, for to make that "RNG roulette" little less random.

I disagree, that's an ml20. keep the one shot, reduce the scatter.
21 Jun 2016, 13:29 PM

How can you not understand the difference between Stuka divebomb and onmap artillery?

If the opponent pays attention, stuka divebomb is a waste of munition. If not: his problem.

Against onmap arty, you can only guess when and where to move your units.
21 Jun 2016, 13:38 PM

I disagree, that's an ml20. keep the one shot, reduce the scatter.

Well, with such logic we might say that we don't need Elephant or Jadtgier becasue we have Stug and JPIV.
21 Jun 2016, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 13:29 PMgeist
How can you not understand the difference between Stuka divebomb and onmap artillery?

If the opponent pays attention, stuka divebomb is a waste of munition. If not: his problem.

Against onmap arty, you can only guess when and where to move your units.

Well, that's not really so. Even with all those time and with that sound of dive bomb it's still problematic to avoid it. You, obviously, can't instantly hear it (specially in a middle of micro-required combat), find, where is area of drop and move out all units. Specially it is hard to save weapon teams, nearly impossible.

B-4 strike is way weaker against infantry, so - it won't be problem to save your squads from shell. As I suggested - let that shot be way louder, maybe have same falling noise as dive bomb (or some other specific) for your enemy could understand "here comes big boom, need to move my vunerables". Maybe, precise shot shell should fly little longer, than usual one for to make it more real to save your units.

Onmap arty, for that benefit you wrote, has it's own weaknesses. You can't shut down "off-map" ability, but you can shut onmap static howitzer, and it is really simple. Off-map ability doesn't require from you 600 MP and other spendings. And of course, for 600 MP Im getting not only ability, but also unit itself. But seriously... spend little more ammo for bomb or spend 600 MP, spend time for vet it up and spend ammo for weaker than that ability - off-map ability looks more effective and cheaper in that case.
21 Jun 2016, 13:40 PM

By the way, I'm amazed why B4 precision was bad but Sturmtiger shooting from FoW, through everything is legit.
21 Jun 2016, 14:17 PM

By the way, I'm amazed why B4 precision was bad but Sturmtiger shooting from FoW, through everything is legit.

+1

And yes - it's not harder to dodge B-4 round, than Stuka bomb, cos B-4 shots pretty loudly. Loud enogh for to hear it and start to move vunerable to strike units.

Make me remember the time I used OKW. The B4 was lucky enough to land a shot right on medic truck with volk nearby. But unluckily that only one of my squad was wiped.

I'm sure at that moment I did not hear a single B4 shot. Seem like the only one who can hear it clearly is the one who use it. The noise of the battle won't let you hear, or even you do, it's too late.
21 Jun 2016, 14:18 PM

- reduce price to 500
- add supperssion in AoE 1.5-2 times bigger than actual explosion
- add instapin to any squad that got damaged by explosion
- add 100% chance of crew shock to any vehicle

What we achieve by these changes:
- you don't shoot yourself in a leg by going B-4
- no BS precision strike, but still useful when near-hit (near-miss?)
- somewhat better as a counter to heavy tanks if used as engagement opener
21 Jun 2016, 14:22 PM

+1

Make me remember the time I used OKW. The B4 was lucky enough to land a shot right on medic truck with volk nearby. But unluckily that only one of my squad was wiped.

I'm sure at that moment I did not hear a single B4 shot. Seem like the only one who can hear it clearly is the one who use it. The noise of the battle won't let you hear, or even you do, it's too late.

Also don't forget Stuka Dive Bomb got sound bug too, sometimes you only heard the sound after the bomb is dropped.
21 Jun 2016, 14:41 PM

I did a test.

You can easily hear B4 under normal conditions. Since the sound you have 6 second for the shell to arrive.

During heavy battle you can't hear B4.

BUT

During heavy battle you can hear dive bomb when the timer is 2-3secs to drop so the effect is the same as you wouldnt hear it at all.

21 Jun 2016, 14:42 PM

- reduce price to 500

Suppression and Stunhit should be able for all howitzers, not only for B-4. But in lower radius and lower time count (for stun).

21 Jun 2016, 14:51 PM

During heavy battle you can hear dive bomb when the timer is 2-3secs to drop so the effect is the same as you wouldnt hear it at all.

Dive bomb has a huge siren noise. Why would anyone not hear it? The method to avoid is also simply, just spread your unit out (not select all and move to one direction). Always work for me with minimal casualty.
21 Jun 2016, 15:19 PM

Dive bomb has a huge siren noise. Why would anyone not hear it? The method to avoid is also simply, just spread your unit out (not select all and move to one direction). Always work for me with minimal casualty.

Try ot out.

If something is shooting, you will hear it, when timer is 2-3 sec = not a chance to escape.
21 Jun 2016, 16:53 PM

If I remember right, Dive bomb needs 10 sec for to fall. And when it starts to fall, it is not such noisy. Only after 2-4 secs it becomes really noisy so you will hear it anyway. And it means, that you have only 8-6 secs for to take your units and point them to move out.

Anyway, it's not that simple to escape from bomb. I liked it more in vCoH and V1 rockets. Such specific sound and such noisy. Was way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1qsBGTkVSk

Compare that, and what we hear in CoH 2. That one is way more easier to catch.
21 Jun 2016, 21:19 PM

It's OK, Pretty strong on maps like Trois Ponts and hamlet.
yea its kinda better since its a small map and gets better accuracy. but! that being said becuz the map is small allows for easy sight to offmap arty. or fast in and out hits, werfers and stukas in range. it just gains alot of weaknesses in small maps. once one dies u feel like ur gona lose cuz u spent alot on an arty that axis can kill really easy due to alot of good offmaps
21 Jun 2016, 21:25 PM

Make it so it can shoot with 3 shells/320dmg each.

I don't see any difference between precision shot and for example PzWerfer or Stuka zu Fuss wipes or Stuka dive bomb. You hear the sound, you don't know where excatly it will land, it can wipe everything, so what's the difference?

I rememeber huge whines about shooting at Med Truck after retreat. How is that different from shooting at med truck/ambulance with Werfer/Calliope/Stuka?

Sure, B4 is more powerful but if so, presicion shot could do 50% damage of normal barrage.
i still use the b4 its not to goos but rng can change the game once in a while. i think the b4 should get some extra aoe dmg. that wont kill inf but the shock will cause alot of dmg
21 Jun 2016, 23:31 PM
Patrion 14

- reduce price to 500

What we achieve by these changes:
- you don't shoot yourself in a leg by going B-4
- no BS precision strike, but still useful when near-hit (near-miss?)
- somewhat better as a counter to heavy tanks if used as engagement opener

this was more of what i was thinking and on top of that i think we should make its rotation speed normal and damage output much lower for infantry.

it will be a massive suppression shock instead of RNG cannon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

it baffles me that people are trying to use Stuka Dive Bomb and Sturmtiger to justify the return of B4 wipe-age machine.

Sturmtiger one shotting squads from behind shot blockers that bypasses even terrain is clearly BS and goes against CoH's very own supposed style.

Stuka Dive Bomb, as shown by Mr. Smith, got NINJA BUFFED five times stronger and it is clearly BS, I mean, just look at the screeshots...

Oh how people forget so quick the days of guaranteed B4 and guaranteed ELephant commander with dive bomb in 2v2+...
21 Jun 2016, 23:52 PM

What I have seen is axis x boy allow themselves having 100% accurate brainless non-doctrinal wiping shot(walking stuka) which comes earlier and cheaper and forbid ally having anything without RNG just like the TD before (never able to reliable penetrate axis tanks whatever the cost it is)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★