Login

russian armor

M1931 B-4 Howitzer - Let's do something about it!

20 Jun 2016, 20:30 PM

Precision strike was removed from: Katusha, 120mm, standard mortar, B4 at the same time for a reason.

If you want to fire more accurate get vision.

I also think all howitzers are too expensive, maybe 450MP + 30F or something as suggested above.
20 Jun 2016, 20:31 PM

This thing shoots outside his aim reticle that's the problem!

That's... not really problem. That's part of artillery mechanic in game, I suppouse, pretty same happend with 25 pounders in vCoH. First few shells always falling outside of aim reticle, little straight far from it. When you starting to get it - it becomes easier to aim it right on target - put circle little lower your target and it will get first few hits with big chanses.

Btw, It looks more random with B-4, I agree, cos it has only 1 salvo in barrage. But... Im not sure, that it should be changed. Better add more salvos or as I said, make snipeshot back, and nerf it a bit.
20 Jun 2016, 22:15 PM

I feel that it should fire faster than other howitzers in the game. Though I'd tie that to veterancy. Like 90 Seconds to start with, going down by 15 seconds with each level of Vet. I mean it is one shot per "barrage" after all, no? Radical idea, yes, but one I would have like to test in the preview. Might be bad to put it in for the next patch untested though.
20 Jun 2016, 23:17 PM

add 203mm flare round at vet.1 to see the whole map, lol
20 Jun 2016, 23:40 PM

Please return, it was very fun.
21 Jun 2016, 01:28 AM

I suggest light artillery (more suppressive than damaging) used as an indicator, followed by an precise shot from the B4. It's historically accurate, but gives the B4 a use rather than "Huge RNG Cannon".
21 Jun 2016, 07:01 AM

I like how they removed precision shot from all units, including B4, and then added range to Sturmtiger so it could fire from fog of war.
21 Jun 2016, 07:23 AM

I like how they removed precision shot from all units, including B4, and then added range to Sturmtiger so it could fire from fog of war.

+ THROUGH buildings

rip in piece precision strike. it was the best thing ever in coh2 history
21 Jun 2016, 07:28 AM

It was the perfect counterbattery

...against blobbing

thats why lelic removed it. coz lelic wants to stop blobbing. oh wait!
21 Jun 2016, 07:30 AM

+ THROUGH buildings

rip in piece precision strike. it was the best thing ever in coh2 history

Why not to rip Dive bomb stuka strike then, for to make it even better than best? They are not much different - precision strike and divebomb. Dive even more deadly for infantry, with it's enourmously huge AoE.

Let PS be not able to shoot in fog and everything is fine.
21 Jun 2016, 07:35 AM

Ahah yes, I'd love to listen the logic behind nerfing B-4 precision strike while buffing numerous times Stuka Dive bomb.
21 Jun 2016, 07:49 AM

One is an ability that costs you munnition, second was free Vet1 ability one shooting heavy tanks.
21 Jun 2016, 07:50 AM

One is an ability that costs you munnition, second was free Vet1 ability one shooting heavy tanks.

+1
21 Jun 2016, 07:53 AM

I feel like I've jumped into pile of allied fanboyism :D
21 Jun 2016, 08:03 AM

Let's do some math:

1. M1931 B-4 itself = 600 MP. You may lose it by 1 offmap strike in any moment.

2. Vet 1 (since accuracy is very random) - takes from 1 to 4 mins to get. When you lose your howitzer crew - nobody will give vet back.

3. PS ability = 90 ammo. It wasn't free, actually. It costed 40 for mortars, 60 for ML-20 and 90 for B-4. I think, it would be fair to rise price to 120-140, cos... it's really powerful.

4. 10 popcap, pls. And seriously injured MP income.

1+2+3+4 = a lot of resourses to spend and risk with, actually. For less powerful than Dive bomb ability.

Now Dive bomb:

1. No MP spendings.

2. No Popcap spendings.

3. Don't need to "farm" EXP for unit vet, for to use it.

1+2+3 = no real risks for your resourses.

4. It costs more ammo, but it's reasonable - it's more powerful and not depened on very vunerable unit.

As we can see - Dive bomb is actually CHEAPER, than B-4 PS ability. And less risky.
21 Jun 2016, 08:29 AM

Let's do some math:

1. M1931 B-4 itself = 600 MP. You may lose it by 1 offmap strike in any moment.

2. Vet 1 (since accuracy is very random) - takes from 1 to 4 mins to get. When you lose your howitzer crew - nobody will give vet back.

3. PS ability = 90 ammo. It wasn't free, actually. It costed 40 for mortars, 60 for ML-20 and 90 for B-4. I think, it would be fair to rise price to 120-140, cos... it's really powerful.

4. 10 popcap, pls. And seriously injured MP income.

1+2+3+4 = a lot of resourses to spend and risk with, actually. For less powerful than Dive bomb ability.

Now Dive bomb:

1. No MP spendings.

2. No Popcap spendings.

3. Don't need to "farm" EXP for unit vet, for to use it.

1+2+3 = no real risks for your resourses.

4. It costs more ammo, but it's reasonable - it's more powerful and not depened on very vunerable unit.

As we can see - Dive bomb is actually CHEAPER, than B-4 PS ability. And less risky.

Really? You are going to argue that? Never mind, here's another one for you:

With Stuka you get very distinctive clues, B4 was striking without warning.
For 600 mp you still get a functional unit are you not? You not paying 600mp for the ability itself, you are paying for howitzer so please don't bend the facts in your favor.
I forgot about the munition price, I'll give you that although it is worth noticing that 90 muni for SU is not the same as 90 muni for OH for example.
21 Jun 2016, 08:49 AM

There were plenty of ideas hwo to rework B4.

Sad thing is that all of them would make B4 somehow useful since now, it's a huge RNG machine, which often makes you lose a game, not a win.

Anything will work...

@UP without warning? Well, I guess that huge loud boom 5sec before hit WAS a warning, not to mention recon plane or anything what's showing that counter attack has been picked, so you have knowleadge that B4 may start shooting.
21 Jun 2016, 08:58 AM

I've got an interesting idea.

Why not give the B4 two shells which are slightly powerful than the ML-20 shells? Then at vet three it can get a third shot. At the same time, there is that railway sound, but with somewhat of a similar time to hit the Stuka Dive bomb can do. Possibly higher than the Stuka. At the same time, it takes longer to reload when compared to the regular artillery guns.

As for an extra ability for it, it fires a single supercharged which costs somewhere of 200-250 munitions. The tradeoff is that the cooldown is higher than normal and can only be unlocked at vet 1.

How would this suggestion go?
21 Jun 2016, 09:48 AM

There were plenty of ideas hwo to rework B4.

Sad thing is that all of them would make B4 somehow useful since now, it's a huge RNG machine, which often makes you lose a game, not a win.

Anything will work...

@UP without warning? Well, I guess that huge loud boom 5sec before hit WAS a warning, not to mention recon plane or anything what's showing that counter attack has been picked, so you have knowleadge that B4 may start shooting.

Still 9 out of 10 times you would have no idea where it would hit. I know a lot of theories were crafted to justify this argument but that doesn't somehow make it fair and I say this as someone who used it a lot with great success, especially in team games.
21 Jun 2016, 09:51 AM

Still 9 out of 10 times you would have no idea where it would hit. I know a lot of theories were crafted to justify this argument but that doesn't somehow make it fair and I say this as someone who used it a lot with great success, especially in team games.

And currently, when you are B4 user you have no idea where it will hit :sibHyena:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Korea, Republic Of 3
Russian Federation 94
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %