Login

russian armor

Conscript scaling

16 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM

Conscripts always get outgunned in late game, which is absurd because no mainline infantry unit should become unviable in any phase of play.

This becomes extremely painful if you chose an armor-oriented commander like soviet industry or Armored assault,conscripts just can't match up to cover the tanks.

Conscripts definitely need a non doctrinal weapon, also a slight increase in veterancy buff.
16 Mar 2016, 06:25 AM

But isn't that exactly the reason to pick an armor oriented commander: to use vehicles to support your troops and win the infantry fights?
16 Mar 2016, 07:15 AM

just maxim spam lmao
16 Mar 2016, 07:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Cheaper with veterancy at vet 3 by 3-4 manpower replace tripwire mines with part of their defensive buffs they get at vet 3 so it's less of a sudden power shift and then buff Penals accordingly.

Now you got one infantry unit for dealing damage, one meant to absorb, provide utility and everything else that isn't just raw DPS which is how it should be.
16 Mar 2016, 07:48 AM
Benefactor 115

Tank hunter commander, get 6 cons with all PTRS

Blob said conscripts

Problem solved :snfCHVGame:

But in all seriousness despite the nerf to conscript PTRSs a while back, they're still useful in my opinion.
16 Mar 2016, 07:52 AM

Cheaper with veterancy at vet 3 by 3-4 manpower replace tripwire mines with part of their defensive buffs they get at vet 3 so it's less of a sudden power shift and then buff Penals accordingly.

Now you got one infantry unit for dealing damage, one meant to absorb, provide utility and everything else that isn't just raw DPS which is how it should be.

Why remove trip flares...You did that change in your mod also.
16 Mar 2016, 07:55 AM

Tank hunter commander, get 6 cons with all PTRS

Blob said conscripts

Problem solved :snfCHVGame:

But in all seriousness despite the nerf to conscript PTRSs a while back, they're still useful in my opinion.

If only :sibPheasant:
Sadly, relic dropped nerf B-17 on it some time ago and that PTRS is not good for anything, basically, its AI efficiency is similar to dual zooks. 15% long range accuracy before all the rec acc modifiers which ALL axis infantry gets means its useless weapon for long range and because of its one year aim time, its useless in med to short range as well with current accuracy values.

It was nerfed mainly because it made cons viable and it destroyed team weapons, but that no longer is a case and upgrade, just like pretty much ALL older eastern armies "once good, nowadays useless" abilities, it was forgotten. :foreveralone:

I did tried using them somewhere in January, it went beyond horrible, the upgrade is utterly useless now.
Vet3 rec acc though makes ppsh barely usable, so there is that.
16 Mar 2016, 08:24 AM

WHy would I use Cons?In early-mid game they are fine but in late game their inly purpose is to bleed me and vet my enemy.

Maxim <444>3

Unless you play with Brits teammate whi goes for double bren to tommies and you always keep your cons squad near to them :foreveralone:
16 Mar 2016, 08:57 AM
Patrion 15

I guess people just want to train bunch of conscripts and never wana be bothered again. A unit is suppose to be bad on 1v1 unless real close. It is still cheap, fast and has more utilities than a german commando!? but people allways want more from a conscript. Even rifleman dont have that much abilities and they are trained killers. These are peasants :guyokay:
16 Mar 2016, 09:14 AM

Well conscripts with borrowed vickers ain't that bad too.....:foreveralone:
16 Mar 2016, 09:14 AM

Well conscripts with borrowed vickers ain't that bad too.....:foreveralone:

True, but its hardly viable in 1v1 :foreveralone:
16 Mar 2016, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 08:57 AMruzen
I guess people just want to train bunch of conscripts and never wana be bothered again. A unit is suppose to be bad on 1v1 unless real close. It is still cheap, fast and has more utilities than a german commando!? but people allways want more from a conscript. Even rifleman dont have that much abilities and they are trained killers. These are peasants :guyokay:

Oh please... a volks squadfor example costs only 10 mp more and are A LOT better in terms of... everything. Only thing they lack is a snare to damage engines.
16 Mar 2016, 09:48 AM

The idea to have one of the main faction's main battle infantry revolve about being only good in suicidal situations is one of the biggest flaws still in the game since day one.

Being able to get Guards and Shocks only with a commander is simply rubbish. In addition, penals are way to similar to conscripts. Just a quick thought, but Guards in T3 and Shocks in T4 would be an interesting idea.
16 Mar 2016, 12:31 PM
Donator 22

for 2vs2 make sure you mate play brits with the special weapons regiment and drop some vickers LMGs. tata cons with lmgs ^^ :D
16 Mar 2016, 12:42 PM

Thet are only good for AT nades and MAYBE using a molotov to flush out an MG out a house. Other then that yea late game worthless..
16 Mar 2016, 12:55 PM

Yeah it's been this way since release I don't see it changing. They are pretty good once you get to vet 3, maybe if it was quicker to get there it would be of some help.
16 Mar 2016, 12:55 PM

Make the PPSh package a stock upgrade (and maybe increase the number of SMGs provided to four) instead of locked behind a handful commanders.
16 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

Why remove trip flares...You did that change in your mod also.

The problem with trip wires I find is that they are very rarely useful now for anything other than revealing the FoW and annoying your opponent, and take too long to construct to be worth it.

This wasn't the case originally, when models bunched up more and SU only had to worry about 4 man Ostheer squads. It was previously possible to have two models killed by walking over a trip wire, now it's only ever one (mines in doorways notwithstanding), and with the 5 man volk squads they are less effective at reducing the enemy firepower.

I like the idea of them but I think they are too weak, I would like to see a slight buff with a corresponding cost increase.

As for conscripts in late-game in general - most strategies seem to involve relying on doctrinal guards / glorious Jesus troops and slowly replacing the conscripts over time (leaving 1 - 2 remaining for reinforcement). Is this such a bad thing? I don't think so.
16 Mar 2016, 13:22 PM

Buff penals. Make t1 viable so maxim spam isn't recurring advice in threads like these.
16 Mar 2016, 14:20 PM

Just buff penals. Relic's pretty intent cons are durable utility troops later on, which is fine and dandy, but penals need to carry the weight of an elite infantry role.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★