Login

russian armor

Double maxim spam.

12 Mar 2016, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 21:56 PMaaa
Looks good if you type its about 2v2 in the caption. Otherwise its close to absurd. But relic dont care abou 2v2 as well as custom games of any kind as was stated previously.

Or, you could just read the original post, which clearly shows that its about 2v2s. By saying what you just did it suggests that you don't really read the threads before commenting on them, you just see things like "maxim spam" in the title and throw in your two cents despite it having no relevance. BTW, the replay you gave is not a double maxim opening, by double maxim he means both soviet players going maxim spam, not 1 player building 2...
12 Mar 2016, 22:28 PM

Maxim Spam = MG42 spam.

The allies have been dealing with MG spam since launch. Every game is just a field of MG's. Deal with it. Or if you want them to nerf Maxims, the have to nerf MG42's. Lower suppressions, narrow it's cone of fire, lower range, remove amour piercing rounds. You can't have the best of all worlds. People seem to severely under rate the 180 degree cone of fire and range on the MG42's. The wide cone of fire and long range outweighs and is far more valuable than any amount of suppression, setup, speed and teardown times by far.

Axis have superior mortars to allies, plenty of vehicles for dealing with MG's, and flame grenades for when you can flank it.
12 Mar 2016, 22:49 PM

Maxim Spam = MG42 spam.

The allies have been dealing with MG spam since launch. Every game is just a field of MG's. Deal with it. Or if you want them to nerf Maxims, the have to nerf MG42's. Lower suppressions, narrow it's cone of fire, lower range, remove amour piercing rounds. You can't have the best of all worlds. People seem to severely under rate the 180 degree cone of fire and range on the MG42's. The wide cone of fire and long range outweighs and is far more valuable than any amount of suppression, setup, speed and teardown times by far.

Axis have superior mortars to allies, plenty of vehicles for dealing with MG's, and flame grenades for when you can flank it.

Again, how is okw supposed to counter this spam?
12 Mar 2016, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 22:49 PMClick

Again, how is okw supposed to counter this spam?

Same way I have to counter MG42's as USF. Tons of luck and micro.

The only reliable early option for USF is Assault Engineers, or Flame thrower. Which are both locked to commanders. I really don't like the smoke+grenade combo. It's unreliable and loses usefulness the bigger teams games you go. You don't have smoke, but you have the infamous flame grenade. That right there is a game changer.

Assault Engineers = Sturms

Assault Engineers are very similar to Sturms, and have high DPS. I flank an MG with multiple units and rush the AE up to it's face and try to shred it while walking around the building to avoid it's repositioning. Unfortunately, AE's are locked to a commander, while you can build sturms whenever you want

That's it for USF at t0, we have nothing else.

Next Tier:

ISG's are probably the most valuable unit in the game. It's pure gold, and if an Ally player can steal it, it's GG. That weapon is absolutely insane, and you cannot underrate its usefulness. Right there you have a ridiculously good counter to MG's. USF equivalent would be the Pak, but range is much more valuable in this game, so the ISG is much better.

OKW flak truck = USF AA half track

I sometimes use it to try and clear buildings. Unfortunately for me, I have to be a lot more careful to avoid heat seaking shrek blobs, and the MG42's anti vehicle rounds. You don't have to deal with either of those.

After that MG's are a thing of the past when you have a Luchs, Puma, and Stuka.

It's a lot more difficult to deal with MG's as USF. The OKW have a much easier time, with MG's that are not as good as the MG42.

So if they're going to nerf the Maxim, they must nerf the MG42 for the USF. Or make it easier for OKW and USF to clear MG's. Has to be both, and not one or the other.
12 Mar 2016, 23:29 PM

@BigBeefy22
Are you trying to say that you've encoutered HMG42 spam in 2v2 like 6-7 of them? Lul.

Replay or did not happen.
12 Mar 2016, 23:41 PM

Same way I have to counter MG42's as USF. Tons of luck and micro.

The only reliable early option for USF is Assault Engineers, or Flame thrower. Which are both locked to commanders. I really don't like the smoke+grenade combo. It's unreliable and loses usefulness the bigger teams games you go. You don't have smoke, but you have the infamous flame grenade. That right there is a game changer.

Fame grenade? You can't even come close to maxi spam. Have you faced 4-5 maxis?

Assault Engineers = Sturms

Assault Engineers are very similar to Sturms, and have high DPS. I flank an MG with multiple units and rush the AE up to it's face and try to shred it while walking around the building to avoid it's repositioning. Unfortunately, AE's are locked to a commander, while you can build sturms whenever you want

That's it for USF at t0, we have nothing else.

What Flank? Maxi spam covers everything. You can't flank anything when maxis are there.

Next Tier:

ISG's are probably the most valuable unit in the game. It's pure gold, and if an Ally player can steal it, it's GG. That weapon is absolutely insane, and you cannot underrate its usefulness. Right there you have a ridiculously good counter to MG's. USF equivalent would be the Pak, but range is much more valuable in this game, so the ISG is much better.

LEIG is fragile and can get owned by infantry. How can I protect them when I do even have mgs to protect my poor infantry units. Have those maxis come up and see how infantry+maxi shred apart leig because there are no mgs for okw.

OKW flak truck = USF AA half track

I sometimes use it to try and clear buildings. Unfortunately for me, I have to be a lot more careful to avoid heat seaking shrek blobs, and the MG42's anti vehicle rounds. You don't have to deal with either of those.

Soviet have AT guns in the same building. One AT gun can tear apart flak truck. So they just have to spam maxis and get one at gun.

After that MG's are a thing of the past when you have a Luchs, Puma, and Stuka.

Stuka costs 100 fuel and when maxi family is guarding fuel, you do not any fuel income. Luchs cost 65 fuel and gets engine damage by one soviet nade and gets easily countered by AT guns THAT SOVIET HAVE in the same building. Puma is AT.

It's a lot more difficult to deal with MG's as USF. The OKW have a much easier time, with MG's that are not as good as the MG42.

USF have smoke and if you don't use/like it, it does not mean smoke is bad.

13 Mar 2016, 01:04 AM

/ snip

13 Mar 2016, 01:53 AM

I think it is worth noting that maxims are one of the cheapest units to reinforce. They're cheaper than conscripts because they don't reinforce the maxim gun itself.

If maxims cost the same as conscripts to reinforce, their viability would significantly drop. They perform well in their own right, but their ability to be fielded AND maintained en masse is the real issue, IMO.

But no matter the case, any adjustments on maxims require a look at Soviet T1 and conscripts in general.
13 Mar 2016, 02:55 AM
Patrion 14

Agreed with OP on all points.

I don't build Maxims just because I like to spam MGs. I build maxims because it feels good (and just a little bit wrong) actually killing infantry as Soviets early game, you know what I am saying?
13 Mar 2016, 03:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 23:41 PMClick

If you allow them to find and kill your ISG, something is seriously wrong. USF pak has far less range than the ISG but you keep it alive by microing it out of harms way. The ISG is the Pak, but way easier to use, since you're miles away from any danger.
13 Mar 2016, 03:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Dat NA ESL final. :facepalm:

Maxim spam galore has a basis in weak soviet alternatives. They need to start by making t1 actually attractive; none of the units are that fantastic against Ostheer, and against OKW they will just get luchs raped. Need everything in T1 to be looked at, imo. Some people are saying cons suck but I don't know, they seem alright to me. They are good in the early game, and if they fix t1 penals and call in infantry can serve as late game infantry for soviets.

To fix the maxim I think a major increase to set up time is in order, to prevent the ease of attack moving them and having them set up and suppress any squad they come across with no micro. It just promotes bad play, machineguns need to be about setting up before hand to get the jump on the enemy. The maxim can still serve as an offensive machine gun, I think it would help reinforce it if they brought sprint from requiring vet1 to vet 0 and replace it with something like trip-wire flares vehicle detection or something. Doesn't really matter, the point is getting sprint off the bat allowing you to reposition and set up to deal with the longer set up time. Before it would go see enemy > set up > instasuppress, where now it will look more like see enemy > enemy strafes out of set up arc > reposition now that you know where the squad is to cover them. Would still function as a more mobile and offensive mg. Of course they should fix the repeated gunner death cycle, too.

13 Mar 2016, 03:39 AM

If you allow them to find and kill your ISG, something is seriously wrong. USF pak has far less range than the ISG but you keep it alive by microing it out of harms way. The ISG is the Pak, but way easier to use, since you're miles away from any danger.

Please use your all A+ skills and upload a video where you as okw is using LEIG and you stopped 6 maxi marching towards you with cons. Please do it. Let me see how pro you actually are as okw.

Oh and did you watch NA final? yeah...that is nothing. Maxi spam in 2v2 is something else.
13 Mar 2016, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 03:39 AMClick

Please use your all A+ skills and upload a video where you as okw is using LEIG and you stopped 6 maxi marching towards you with cons. Please do it. Let me see how pro you actually are as okw.

Oh and did you watch NA final? yeah...that is nothing. Maxi spam in 2v2 is something else.

I didn't realize you can only have 1 LEIG and nothing else by the time they have all that. I don't even have close to A+ skills, maybe D+ at best.
13 Mar 2016, 05:23 AM

I didn't realize you can only have 1 LEIG and nothing else by the time they have all that. I don't even have close to A+ skills, maybe D+ at best.

oh look! I forgot to add s at the end. So go ahead and try your LEIG(S) spam (bet you can't build more than 2) and post here how successful was it against soviet (video please).Have you ever faced soviet in a team game that spam maxis (at-least 6-7) as OKW? Do you even play okw faction?
13 Mar 2016, 10:10 AM

maxim spam is so popular bc its the only counter to volksblobs
13 Mar 2016, 10:35 AM

Every day the same fix this fix that threads. Since years. Just stop it. Nothing will change. Life with what you have
13 Mar 2016, 22:02 PM

Learn to flank, stop spamming volks and use the luchs.

How do you think Allied players deal with MG42 and bunker spams?

13 Mar 2016, 22:27 PM

That's not how it works. Just because one unit over performs does not mean other units in the same faction must therefore under perform. Buffing the counters to maxims will break balance elsewhere as it would just crush Brits/USF support weapon play. Buffing other units in the soviet arsenal will also not magically make maxim spam any less effective.

Maxim spam is just too easy to do at the moment. The unit just performs too well on its own. I would suggest a slight increase in set-up time; this would make maxims operate a lot less effective on their own and would make them actual support weapons.

+1
13 Mar 2016, 22:37 PM

how about just increasing the cost of the maxim to 260mp? mg42 had the same issue and increasing its price fixed it.
13 Mar 2016, 23:10 PM

An exact copy of this thread exist. https://www.coh2.org/topic/49148/the-maxim-hmg-needs-a-hotfix

Tier0-1 HMGs do not allow a fair gameplay. Vickers is the worst offender.

Case closed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS