5%
5%
19%
55%
17%
Total votes: 42
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM

So two days since patch now. Time to get a general feels of how the patch has effected things.

The Statistics

Breakdown

Ostheer seems to have come out of the patch strongest. A bad drop during patch day was quickly followed by a big spikes in 1v1 and 2v2. Bringing them back to average on 1v1 and skyrocketing all the way to the top faction in 2v2 in one day. Only teamgames saw negligible drops.

Soviets seems to be the biggest losers with big winrate drops in small games and maintaining it's low poition in teamgames as well. Seemingly solidifying it's postion as the current worst faction.

OKW seems to be benefiting slightly from the changes. Gaining a small increase in 1v1 and another big one in 2v2 that seems to align with ostheer's spike. But oddly losing a bit of steam in teamgames, most likely being a symptom of USF's spike.

After an unusual high spike in 1v1s USF dropped back down to average in 1v1, but also took a small drops in 2v2 as well. But in an unuasual turn of events, it seems like the return of veterancy has brought USF back from the dead in large team games.

UKF saw a small increase patch they which then decreased back the next day, currently the best allied faction in 1v1, but worse at 2v2. They are still carrying the allies in large teamgames.

Analysis

- The return of vet has definitely hurt allies and benefited the axis factions.

- Seems the change didn't help soviets as much as thought. Penals despite their scaling damage still die like flies and cons still aren't cutting it without maxims.

- USF really needed it's vet for teamgames. Seems like the full power of their vet 3 rifles are a big factor in them being relevant in those modes.

- Ostheer likely gained a lot from the return of vet to units like pgrens and ostruppen.

- Wouldn't be suprised if sapper buffs are helping brits in 1v1, but it's odd they aren't getting the same results in 2v2.

So what is everyone else's opinion on things. Any factions or units feeling stronger/weaker?
11 Mar 2016, 18:55 PM

This seems WAY too soon. I would at least wait a week or two to let people get back into using their infantry with Vet(it makes a difference IMO). For the past week and a half the only thing you lost with Squads was some MP, but now you have to conserve that precious Vet.

Yes I do think some units will need some tweaks, but I want to see what happens at ESL this weekend at the very least to see how the best players handle it.
11 Mar 2016, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

- Seems the change didn't help soviets as much as thought. Penals despite their scaling damage still die like flies and cons still aren't cutting it without maxims.

FUCK IT, MAKE PENALS GAIN 100% ACCURACY FROM VET

Man, I kinda want to mod that and see what hilarity would ensue. 100%'s probably too much.
11 Mar 2016, 18:59 PM

This seems WAY too soon. I would at least wait a week or two to let people get back into using their infantry with Vet(it makes a difference IMO). For the past week and a half the only thing you lost with Squads was some MP, but now you have to conserve that precious Vet.

Yes I do think some units will need some tweaks, but I want to see what happens at ESL this weekend at the very least to see how the best players handle it.
It's never too soon to talk about things. It's not like I'm claiming anything to be absolutely OP. Just seeing how things are going and trying to gauge everyone's initial reactions to the new changes.

Ill update the post as we continue on.
11 Mar 2016, 20:51 PM

This data means nothing without number of games played per faction. If one faction has 100 games played and another faction has 1000 games played, obviously the data will be skewed one way or another.

You also have to account for the bugs introduced by the veterancy fix, some of which still remain unfixed.
11 Mar 2016, 21:03 PM

jesus christ...

the strongest faction depends on gamemode and player

is that so hard to understand?
11 Mar 2016, 21:18 PM

11 Mar 2016, 21:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

11 Mar 2016, 21:28 PM

As long as we haven't had a hotfix to address the post-post-post-hotfix bugs (e.g., lolcopter paks, tactical-movement AT guns, UKF super-sappers), there is nothing to compare. This is way too soon.
11 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Too soon.

+1

Let it evolve for a couple of weeks.
11 Mar 2016, 21:40 PM

As long as we haven't had a hotfix to address the post-post-post-hotfix bugs (e.g., lolcopter paks, tactical-movement AT guns, UKF super-sappers), there is nothing to compare. This is way too soon.

UKF super sappers?

But yeah, too soon. Wait a week.
11 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

Yeah, too soon to say anything meaningful. Aside form the fact that you are using only one data point (full day) you are also not allowing anytime for meta adjustments. Nor any time at all for people to know what works and what doesn't. There is a lot of experimentation going on and so a lot of thrown games at the moment.
11 Mar 2016, 21:47 PM

NOT SOON ENOUGH

RELIC NEEDS TO BUFF USF IMMEDIATELY
11 Mar 2016, 21:53 PM
Patrion 14

I think it is too early to tell. Vet means a lot more now especially in vetted vs non-vetted matchups.

This data means nothing without number of games played per faction. If one faction has 100 games played and another faction has 1000 games played, obviously the data will be skewed one way or another.

You also have to account for the bugs introduced by the veterancy fix, some of which still remain unfixed.

I believe you could have checked this easily by heading to the site coh2chart.com and see that data. Let's realize that while hyperbole gets the point across, given the fact that Axis have to play Allies, there aren't going to be significant differences like 1000 to 100. It just doesn't make mathematical sense. I checked it out and was surprised, though, to find Ostheer has a couple hundred more games played (Otheer is in the 600s over Allies in the 400s).
11 Mar 2016, 22:01 PM

well, since the vet is fixed, and OKW relied mostly on vet, so OKW is strongest now? i think

On the other side, grens with LMG at vet 3 will be so OP, just like rifles with Bars or Brownings. Can't say exactly which faction will be OP right now, my bet is on OKW
11 Mar 2016, 22:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

NOT SOON ENOUGH

RELIC TAKES TOO LONG

NERF USF NAO
13 Mar 2016, 23:45 PM

Too soon.

Too soon.

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 21:40 PMCavFra

UKF super sappers?

Yeah, what do you mean super sappers?

NOT SOON ENOUGH

USF Fanboy Detected

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 22:04 PMVuther

RELIC TAKES TOO LONG
NERF USF NAO

Axis Fanboy Detected
13 Mar 2016, 23:48 PM

We've had bigger fluctuations between december and end of february on day to day basis when nothing changed.

Anything resembling reliable data will appear in 2 weeks at least.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★