Login

russian armor

OKW infantry vet vs UKF is broken

11 Mar 2016, 17:05 PM

"He is saying that one JLI can solo your units, which is quite obviously not true. "

With those really expensive infiltration grenades, yes of course they can. I've certainly lost Vet 3 IS to lower than Vet 5 JLI...

"To deal with allied terminator squads, all you have to do is go Elite Troops, then get 2 grens. Use a double stun grenade on them, and most of the time, it's a clean wipe."

Grens can too apparently.

Frankly the tests posted as evidence are both suspect and rather convincing of the opposite.
11 Mar 2016, 17:11 PM

remove that cover nonsense and allow IS to me flanking squads, its the way allies are supposed to be played
11 Mar 2016, 17:12 PM

the video by slami has proved the case is opposite so no need for furthur discussion
11 Mar 2016, 17:35 PM

Lol,

Odd that Slami didn't produce a video of Vet 3 double Brens taking a garrison from any of the Vet 5 infantry types listed.

Good question actually, just how many double Brenned vet 3 IS would it take to clear a garrison of elite troops.
11 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

Only spinflight would continue to argue a point that has been disproven over and over and over and over and over again. "Evidence not allowed. Goes against my bias. System overload. Deny. Spin. Sabotage. Deny. Spin. Sabotage."
11 Mar 2016, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

Lol,

Odd that Slami didn't produce a video of Vet 3 double Brens taking a garrison from any of the Vet 5 infantry types listed.

Good question actually, just how many double Brenned vet 3 IS would it take to clear a garrison of elite troops.

I can say exactly the same for ukf or any inf really...
11 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM

I'm not going to jump in and say who's right and who's wrong but give my perspective to tests and video comparisons.

Here's something I copied from someone else. They made multiple videos and possible different configurations. So it's better to have multiple angles and it will shut down arguments since it's on even playing grounds:

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 22:15 PMnewvan
First video Rifles vs PGrens, it will be 5 in total.
1 vet0
http://plays.tv/video/5671deb05f1fe75151
2 vet0
http://plays.tv/video/5671e157b607318088
3 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671e4fa9cd793720d
4 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671e76e1e367ee901
5 vet3
http://plays.tv/video/5671ea264c19892ac0

from this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/46337/panzer-grenadiers-are-worthless-without-shreks-upgrade
11 Mar 2016, 18:18 PM

If OKW elite infantry are that strong with vet, then one way is to treat your vet 3 Tommies like ostruppen while your .55 cal. sniper does the real damage.
11 Mar 2016, 18:25 PM

I'm not going to jump in and say who's right and who's wrong but give my perspective to tests and video comparisons.

Here's something I copied from someone else. They made multiple videos and possible different configurations. So it's better to have multiple angles and it will shut down arguments since it's on even playing grounds:

from this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/46337/panzer-grenadiers-are-worthless-without-shreks-upgrade

I watched those videos and fail to see how they are any better than sirlami's ones? His ones at least had a variety of ranges and cover situations, but were always on equal footing too. Basically I don't understand your point. Please explain again.
11 Mar 2016, 18:38 PM

"I can say exactly the same for ukf or any inf really..."

Not really... The vetted Axis infantry would just waltz in and throw a nasty bastard grenade of some description... Those flame ones being particularly ridiculous. How much are they again?

11 Mar 2016, 18:41 PM

You can nerf obers all you want as along as you make them tier 0 unit like IS
Vez
11 Mar 2016, 18:41 PM

"I can say exactly the same for ukf or any inf really..."

Not really... The vetted Axis infantry would just waltz in and throw a nasty bastard grenade of some description... Those flame ones being particularly ridiculous. How much are they again?

You know that you can dodge the nade? And if your opponent throw a flame nade he wont be able to go in the building either. And please show your playercard.
11 Mar 2016, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 18:25 PMRappy

I watched those videos and fail to see how they are any better than sirlami's ones? His ones at least had a variety of ranges and cover situations, but were always on equal footing too. Basically I don't understand your point. Please explain again.

You are correct. I just think it's easier to separate the scenes to make it easier to identify. That's all.

On the video itself. IS performs really well in cover. Isn't that supposed to be the faction's strongpoint? IS was average when it was out of cover and got killed, right?
11 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

You are correct. I just think it's easier to separate the scenes to make it easier to identify. That's all.

On the video itself. IS performs really well in cover. Isn't that supposed to be the faction's strongpoint? IS was average when it was out of cover and got killed, right?

Remember that i was not claiming that tommies don't need any changes with that video, or vet 5 does not need to be changed. The point was to disprove op's point on saying that ukf can't fight back. :)
11 Mar 2016, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 19:03 PMSirlami

Remember that i was not claiming that tommies don't need any changes with that video, or vet 5 does not need to be changed. The point was to disprove op's point on saying that ukf can't fight back. :)

Yes, you are right in that as well. I feel OKW vs UKF is like USF vs OST. UKF should use more support (mortar pits and mgs) to defend against OKW just like how OST should use MGs, mortars, and snipers to keep USF at bay.
11 Mar 2016, 19:54 PM

The video only shows unreal fighting, no one will wait for the other sqaud to be in green cover before shooting, the facts is that you need to add the time where the squad isn't in cover too, i didn't play the patch but it's not showcasing vids that we need, it's IG replay where situation are realistic
11 Mar 2016, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 19:54 PMShanka
The video only shows unreal fighting, no one will wait for the other sqaud to be in green cover before shooting, the facts is that you need to add the time where the squad isn't in cover too, i didn't play the patch but it's not showcasing vids that we need, it's IG replay where situation are realistic

Right, it's not perfect, but it's scientific and at least demonstrates raw performance while taking away chaotic variables. Also perhaps you didn't watch long enough when the video tests in green yellow and no cover? (The no cover was not accurate however as sirlami forgot to add second bren, so he said).
11 Mar 2016, 22:33 PM

He is saying that one JLI can solo your units, which is quite obviously not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqF0CtFOSU

skip to 7:26. The JlI solo a double bren tommies when both units are out of cover. Considering the difference in investment between the two units, it's a pretty big advantages to the OKW.
11 Mar 2016, 23:23 PM

Only if you decide to make your first ober squad 20 minutes into the game. Against normal timed Obers, the only way you are going to face up against vet 3 tommies directly is when the enemy gets early nades and you try your very best to not dodge any grenades.

Hey Aerohank,

Shouldn't we take into account:

IS - Tier 0
Obers - Tier 3

Is - 280
Obers - 400

Is - 60 muni upgrade.
2 possible upgrades
Obers - 60 muni upgrade
1 possible upgrade

IS reinforce - 28
Obers reinforce - 40

IS - can be upgraded to 5-man squad
Obers - cannot. Remain susceptible to one-shot death

Considering an Obers can be pushed out of the game with a mortar pit / bofors / Vickers, I think they should certainly be beating IS hands down and their MINOR vet advantage is justified considering their additional costs.
11 Mar 2016, 23:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqF0CtFOSU

skip to 7:26. The JlI solo a double bren tommies when both units are out of cover. Considering the difference in investment between the two units, it's a pretty big advantages to the OKW.
Jäger are a doctrinal Elite Infantry unit with the main-task of fighting infantry.

Further OKW has two levels of vet more which is a bit better but also harder to achieve than vet3 for the Allies. In other words: While the loss of both squads is hard, losing a vet5 squad is a bigger loss as it is harder to achieve.

Last but not least those Jäger barely manage to defeat the Tommies. Looks fine to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★