Login

russian armor

OKW infantry vet vs UKF is broken

10 Mar 2016, 19:01 PM

I know it's only been a day since the patch, but I think there is a rather obvious problem here once you play a game as brits vs OKW after the 20min mark.

It seems like the terminator OKW from WFA alpha are back in all their glory

Now certain units like volks/sturms/MG34 are fine, but the problem here is obers/jaegers/panzerfusillers that seem to utterly destroy any number of British infantry once they get vet.

Spend 300mp, 50 fuel and 120 muni for double bren tommies? too bad one vet 5 Jaeger squad seems to solo your units anyway while he buys tanks.

Replay attached highlights the problems imo, 5 man double bren units not even tickling OKW inf. Just hold out till jagdpanzer/vet inf and you win as axis

https://www.coh2.org/replay/50478/vet-needs-an-overhaul
10 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM

I haven't played the game yet, but I think that JLI and panzer fussiliers has to be looked into.
10 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

I haven't played the game yet, but I think that JLI and panzer fussiliers has to be looked into.

So at least play the game before commenting? By the time obers come out, IS is already 3 vet. PF is doctrine thing so game is forcing you to opt for that commander which is nothing but a bad design. Volks can't handle IS. What is actually required is not nerfs to doctrine units but nerf to IS carry limit. 1 of any weapon or let okw also carry 2 weapons. Manpower bleed is really bad against 3 vet IS as okw.
10 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 19:18 PMClick

So at least play the game before commenting? By the time obers come out, IS is already 3 vet. PF is doctrine thing so game is forcing you to opt for that commander which is bad design. Volks can't handle IS. What is actually required is not nerfs to doctrine units but nerf to IS carry limit. 1 of any weapon or let okw also carry 2 weapons. Manpower bleed is really bad against 3 vet IS as okw.

290 mp unit + 90 ammo upgrade with vet bug was already strong. Same unit with 60% received accuracy and great vet abilities are even stronger. Don't have to play the game to understand that point.
10 Mar 2016, 19:28 PM

290 mp unit + 90 ammo upgrade with vet bug was already strong. Same unit with 60% received accuracy and great vet abilities are even stronger. Don't have to play the game to understand that point.

You do because vet 3 IS with 2x bren won't even let PF get the vets because they rape everything early game. Manpower bleed is so strong that you will feel like fuel ain't even a problem to get a tank out.
10 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM

Faced some Vet 4 Sturms earlier.... 3 double Brenned 5 man Tommy squads couldn't stop them.
10 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

60% recived accuracy for who ?
10 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 19:28 PMClick

You do because vet 3 IS with 2x bren won't even let PF get the vets because they rape everything early game. Manpower bleed is so strong that you will feel like fuel ain't even a problem to get a tank out.

If you're facing 3 IS squads with pure AI weapons 280mpx3 and 60munix6... what are you doing with your vehicles? Even flak halftrack can mow them down. The MP bleed/upkeep of those IS isn't cheap you know. That build forgoes all AT and indirect and bofors early game unless they get that commander where IS can build stuff.
10 Mar 2016, 19:43 PM

I remember a long long time ago when vet was working, engagement at mid range (I'd say it was 15) between my vet 3 1919 Paras vs vet 5, 3models SP.

Guess who won.

Yes, SP killing 3 models of my Paras withot losing a single :foreveralone:
10 Mar 2016, 19:46 PM

And here I am have no problems with OKW (never had) But BRITS this patch LOL. They seem to receive 0 damage at vet3
10 Mar 2016, 19:52 PM

If you're facing 3 IS squads with pure AI weapons 280mpx3 and 60munix6... what are you doing with your vehicles? Even flak halftrack can mow them down. The MP bleed/upkeep of those IS isn't cheap you know. That build forgoes all AT and indirect and bofors early game unless they get that commander where IS can build stuff.

I never mention about any vehicle. This thread is about infantry only. Cromwell and AEC can take care of early vehicle but not really gonna talk about vehicles in this thread. As for the solution to the infantry vets and weapons, either reduce the limit of weapons on IS or increase the limit to 2 for okw.
10 Mar 2016, 20:04 PM

OKW is completely fine, just yolo wipe their squads.
10 Mar 2016, 20:06 PM

It was pretty obvious that OKW infantry would overperform after fixing vet because infantry combat felt balanced lately without any vet bonus. In the last months all was balanced around broken vet. OKW profits the most, USF is second to this. Brits suffer the most, because of weak mainline infantry and their medicore vet bonus. Especially their doctrinal elite infantry - the Commandos - will get into serious trouble because they don't scale at all with vet regarding their combat values, they only receive a small accuracy bonus at vet2. While they were clearly overperforming as they came out they were balanced afterwards versus units with broken vet, no wonder a Commando squat with vet0 could take on "vetted" squads easily on release.

Game will be more fun than ever before, especially in 4vs4: Real vetted blobs running around the map beeing back in no time after full retreat because of FRP mechanic. Well done.
10 Mar 2016, 20:11 PM

Just don't play team games and veto any 1v1 map that has long games (langreskaya). OKW vet should not be a problem. :snfPeter:
10 Mar 2016, 20:11 PM

Ok i will be very brief here.

If you allow obers, who arrive at the ten minute mark, are extremely fragile and require a shit ton of baby sitting and cost a fortune to reach the higher levels of vet, then you simply don't know how to play as UKF.

Even an early shock UC can cause enough Health-Crisis and mp bleed.
10 Mar 2016, 20:12 PM

I think you are confusing Obers with snipers.
10 Mar 2016, 20:14 PM

More like Brit late-game still rape OKW if you can get your comet/cromwell blob out backed up by mortars and vickers.
10 Mar 2016, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 19:18 PMClick
By the time obers come out, IS is already 3 vet.

Only if you decide to make your first ober squad 20 minutes into the game. Against normal timed Obers, the only way you are going to face up against vet 3 tommies directly is when the enemy gets early nades and you try your very best to not dodge any grenades.
10 Mar 2016, 20:33 PM

Only if you decide to make your first ober squad 20 minutes into the game. Against normal timed Obers, the only way you are going to face up against vet 3 tommies directly is when the enemy gets early nades and you try your very best to not dodge any grenades.

Unless my obers can face 0 vet IS and/or get 2 lmgs for 120 munition. I cannot see them on par with IS that vets up just like volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★