Login

russian armor

Greedy Relic..

10 Mar 2016, 03:48 AM

I dont know if you play alot of games, but i do. If you think this is normal business, just compare Relic with other game developper out there, League of legend is free to play and there is no item in the cash shop that will give you an edge over someone. Therefore they are still making millions with this game and they can even afford to give 1 million each year to the winning team of their tournament.

My friend is playing since day 1 and he put over 250$ in coh buying each addon, dlc and some commander at the release. Look at blizzard with diablo 3, you pay 60$ for it and they are still improving the game 3 years later, the community didnt liked the way it was.. the remade it entirely. Because they care about their name in this industry.

if you think this is normal business releasing powerful commander and then nerfing them after everyone bought it. i just /facepalm.

Thats why games from Relic is not likely to hit the e-sport scene like Riot (league of legend) or blizzard (starcraft/warcraft series).

OhPee, are you going to complain to Valve that TF2 is just a cash grab as well, if you start playing it?
Come on now, surely you've heard micro transactions are the way of the future/present?
Don't blame the publisher, just because you have an impulsive personality and must have it all.
10 Mar 2016, 04:08 AM

OhPee, are you going to complain to Valve that TF2 is just a cash grab as well, if you start playing it?
Come on now, surely you've heard micro transactions are the way of the future/present?
Don't blame the publisher, just because you have an impulsive personality and must have it all.

You lost me on this one. I hate TF2 but thats irrelevant the difference is I didn't spend $70AUS on it. They can charge whatever they want for micro transactions if the base games free. COH2 open day release had over $200AUS in game price AND micro transactions. DAY ONE!

Also TF2 doesn't block characters behind a pay wall. COH2 gives you the privilege of paying for 3 new factions. Show me a recent stratgy game costing COH2 prices that only gives you two factions...
10 Mar 2016, 04:16 AM

Have you heard of the All units(133) added Mod?

It literally lets you use everything, every ability, from off maps to units free of charge, and it's not banned by relic.

I'm not saying it's your fault for not knowing,because you're new, but ask around before you spend money like that.

heard about it but i didnt knew i could test commander ability, thanks mate !
10 Mar 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 04:08 AMGumboot

You lost me on this one. I hate TF2 but thats irrelevant the difference is I didn't spend $70AUS on it. They can charge whatever they want for micro transactions if the base games free. COH2 open day release had over $200AUS in game price AND micro transactions. DAY ONE!

Also TF2 doesn't block characters behind a pay wall. COH2 gives you the privilege of paying for 3 new factions. Show me a recent stratgy game costing COH2 prices that only gives you two factions...

i was starting to think that i was alone thinking this way. Problem is too many people think this is becoming normal and by throwing 300$ on a game, they are just telling developer that they can go even further.
10 Mar 2016, 04:29 AM

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

If you really want me to I'll tell you why everything you just said is the stupidest thing ever. IF you REALLY want me to.

i never saw an adult put so many L in a lol.

because of that, i don't :)
10 Mar 2016, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 04:08 AMGumboot

OP wants to play TF2.
He is new and doesnt have all the new shit they've added over the years.
Wants to try everything. If he is impulsive, will spend on every gun there is.

Similar concept here.

Vanilla CoH2 comes with just 2 factions; everything else is DLC.
The micro P2W transactions are here to stay sadly komrade

i never saw an adult put so many L in a lol.

Just looking at the username (s)/he isnt an adult.
10 Mar 2016, 05:22 AM
Patrion 14

Bullshit.

When I started the game, there wasnt store and you received commanders for leveling up.

First Tiger commander was for reaching 45lv.

Now, go, play and get 45 level. I bet you you will drop few commanders in your next 45lv.

Before you call BS on someone, you maybe want to read correctly, because I never said any different from you statements.

60 Euro Basegame, 20 Euro Westernfronts, 10 Euro Brits, 40 Euro Ardennes Assault.

I cant remember the original prices of the theater of war packs, but I got one free and bought the other two. Also I bought every commander beside the two new british ones, and of course the ones that I got from the basegame by leveling up, like AuastrianMagician explained..

And of course skins... skins everywhere.
10 Mar 2016, 06:19 AM

Bullshit.

When I started the game, there wasnt store and you received commanders for leveling up.

Now, go, play and get 45 level. I bet you you will drop few commanders in your next 45lv.

+1.

Relic needs to make money but they give us free warspoils. I've got 10 Scavenge commanders ^^

It's really not so expensive. The more money they make, the more staff they can keep to balance the game. So they REALLY need money. Pay up, have fun. Nothing in life is free :)
10 Mar 2016, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 03:24 AMMittens

They open up tactical options

Like the CalliOP, advanced cancer regiment and the Tiger ace back then? Just to name a few "tactical options" :snfQuinn:
10 Mar 2016, 07:39 AM
Patrion 14

maybe because .. i have internet ?

Forum warrior strickes again.
10 Mar 2016, 12:39 PM

OP wants to play TF2.
He is new and doesnt have all the new shit they've added over the years.
Wants to try everything. If he is impulsive, will spend on every gun there is.

Similar concept here.

Vanilla CoH2 comes with just 2 factions; everything else is DLC.
The micro P2W transactions are here to stay sadly komrade

I can handle micro transactions for commanders in circumstances but my point stands. Show me a main stream RTS or RTT game for CoH2 price and get two factions? What possible hope is there of getting new players in which this game needs. It is being beaten in player base by age of empires 2 for gods sake and why? Because CoH2 isn't a good enough game to justify the cost. It just isn't. I'm on the Australian steam page right now.

Base game: $50
Western front: $20
Brits: $13

Not counting Ardennes assault: $30 and another $29 for the older mission packs..

$142 for a game that I have failed 3 out of 5 times to get a 4v4 game out of. A game strife with ongoing balance issues and a shit ton of micro transactions on top of what would already be an expensive game. Honestly if they need to do this to make money then it is like flogging a dead horse and they should stop.

Don't get me wrong I liked the game and own almost all of it and over 600hrs but if someone offered me all the money I'd spent right now to give it up I would in a heart beat cause I still don't have a solid game three years later and you know what if they screwed off new commanders they might actually be able to balance what we have and I'd be happier. Much happier.
10 Mar 2016, 12:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 03:24 AMMittens
Relics upcoming warspoils fix with allow you to get these commanders and OP abilities in some fashion. Im not under NDA but I wont say what their plan is but you will not HAVE to pay for them but you CAN.

They open up tactical options

Wait, so just like in the current system, right? :D

@OP You are the one that is greedy here imo, think about it.
10 Mar 2016, 12:59 PM

Bullshit.

Your facts are off.

Day one had a heap of micro transactions. I almost didn't buy the game in disgust that it had over $120 of micro transactions on day one. It had no in game shop because it was all on steam page.
10 Mar 2016, 13:10 PM
Donator 11

Wait, so just like in the current system, right? :D

@OP You are the one that is greedy here imo, think about it.

But in their new system you can actually choose what you want instead.
10 Mar 2016, 13:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 13:10 PMMittens

Thats worrying. Why? Becouse previously I could just play the faction I wanted to have new commanders in and get them one by one. I did that with all pre-calliope/pershing usf commanders. Just by playing the faction and it wasnt even playing lots of it. So how could relic make money on it? They could becouse the time you needed to get a commander was relatively short. But the time needed to get commander you want was long.

Now if they want this system to make just about the same amount of money they will have to set the time of getting commander you want the same or slightly less than before. But now you wont get goodies like other commanders, skins and so on in the process... Why do I think it will be like that? Just becouse otherwise they will pay their employees to make a system that earns less money than the previous one and that is pure nonsense.
10 Mar 2016, 13:44 PM

They made the game. They own it, they need to keep it generating money. Otherwise, they move on. Not hard to understand. They aren't greedy, they're just a business.
This should be used as a banner at the top of coh2.org.

These P2W rants are getting out of hands.
10 Mar 2016, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 12:39 PMGumboot

/Rant

Hope you feel better now that you let off that steam m8.

You can always vote with your wallet in the future and not buy anything if you feel that strongly about it.
IMO $140 for 600+ Hours of entertainment is good value. I spend >$250 on a night out on the town or >400 on a night out with the misus; 140 is trivial compared to these costs.
Shit, even an ounce of grass costs 4 x as much and will provide at most 100 hours of entertainment...

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 13:10 PMMittens

This should have been implemented from the start; nevertheless good way going forward.

This should be used as a banner at the top of coh2.org.
These P2W rants are getting out of hands.

Plus one on both of these sentences
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Netherlands 20
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %