Login

russian armor

Greedy Relic..

7 Mar 2016, 03:27 AM

I've been playing this game for a couple weeks, and im totally ashamed by this Relic business. i've bought 3 commander yet and i was looking for a mod that i could try some before buying em. You know relic, when your tooltips on the commander's skill say nothing about the cost, duration or cooldown, it would be nice to test them in custom game prior to buying them. I found a mod that can do that, but it was banned by YOU. Seriously guys ? I mean its not a free to play game with a cash shop. Its a game that people have paid full price, plus all your dlc and all expansion. Cash shop for a paid game should be only for esthetic item. Not commander that make you stronger. A pay to win game is usually free to play at first, but yours is "paytoplaythenpaytowin"

On the top of this you keep releasing uber OP commander like the elite troops doctrine before nerfing them once you made your money with it.

Im still playing because you innovated the RTS world with this game, but keep it mind that this concept will be copied sooner or later.
7 Mar 2016, 03:42 AM

They made the game. They own it, they need to keep it generating money. Otherwise, they move on. Not hard to understand. They aren't greedy, they're just a business.
7 Mar 2016, 03:53 AM

If you are worried about cost, cooldown, etc, then you can always ask us or search youtube to check out the commander's ability. I own almost all the commanders and I never bought any commanders. Got all of them via war spoilers. :P
7 Mar 2016, 04:01 AM
Patrion 14

He is right. As someone who starts playing the game just now, you have to buy every single item if you want to experience the whole game. I myself play since the first hour and spent almost 200 euro into the game, including the Premium Edition of the basegame.

But at least I decided to spent that money, because I like coh2 somehow.
7 Mar 2016, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 04:01 AMSikko
He is right. As someone who starts playing the game just now, you have to buy every single item if you want to experience the whole game. I myself play since the first hour and spent almost 200 euro into the game, including the Premium Edition of the basegame.

200? holy hell....what did you buy? I spent 60$-base game, 4 dollars- okw and usa and 4 dollars- uk.
7 Mar 2016, 05:28 AM

They made the game. They own it, they need to keep it generating money. Otherwise, they move on. Not hard to understand. They aren't greedy, they're just a business.

I dont know if you play alot of games, but i do. If you think this is normal business, just compare Relic with other game developper out there, League of legend is free to play and there is no item in the cash shop that will give you an edge over someone. Therefore they are still making millions with this game and they can even afford to give 1 million each year to the winning team of their tournament.

My friend is playing since day 1 and he put over 250$ in coh buying each addon, dlc and some commander at the release. Look at blizzard with diablo 3, you pay 60$ for it and they are still improving the game 3 years later, the community didnt liked the way it was.. the remade it entirely. Because they care about their name in this industry.

if you think this is normal business releasing powerful commander and then nerfing them after everyone bought it. i just /facepalm.

Thats why games from Relic is not likely to hit the e-sport scene like Riot (league of legend) or blizzard (starcraft/warcraft series).
7 Mar 2016, 06:10 AM

Yeah, as a new player you "have to" pay so much, for a so buggy game

(people will mock the have to part, because you know, no one forces you, but then you will not get many commanders from bulletins, and you will miss out stuff)
7 Mar 2016, 06:43 AM

7 Mar 2016, 06:56 AM
Patrion 39

^Same. Otherwise cuddles will lose faith in all the good he's doing
7 Mar 2016, 07:51 AM

If balance of commanders is your concern instead of the actual abilities they provide, then you're up for a disappointments in the future as the balance changes with time and commanders aren't excluded from thee changes.
7 Mar 2016, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 04:01 AMSikko

Bullshit.

When I started the game, there wasnt store and you received commanders for leveling up.

First Tiger commander was for reaching 45lv.

Now, go, play and get 45 level. I bet you you will drop few commanders in your next 45lv.
7 Mar 2016, 07:59 AM
Patrion 14

If this is true..

I've been playing this game for a couple weeks, [..]

..how do you know about this old story?

On the top of this you keep releasing uber OP commander like the elite troops doctrine before nerfing them once you made your money with it.

7 Mar 2016, 08:08 AM

Because this is how capitalism works comrade. But don't worry soviets are very stronk faction and eventually communism will win.
7 Mar 2016, 09:09 AM

It's not Relic it's Sega and THQ you have to blame. The developer does not regulate the business model.
7 Mar 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 09:09 AMSwift
It's not Relic it's Sega and THQ you have to blame. The developer does not regulate the business model.

^This.
7 Mar 2016, 09:35 AM
10 Mar 2016, 03:07 AM

If this is true..

..how do you know about this old story?

maybe because .. i have internet ?
10 Mar 2016, 03:16 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Have you heard of the All units(133) added Mod?

It literally lets you use everything, every ability, from off maps to units free of charge, and it's not banned by relic.

I'm not saying it's your fault for not knowing,because you're new, but ask around before you spend money like that.
10 Mar 2016, 03:24 AM
Donator 11

Relics upcoming warspoils fix with allow you to get these commanders and OP abilities in some fashion. Im not under NDA but I wont say what their plan is but you will not HAVE to pay for them but you CAN.

They open up tactical options
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 7
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L