Login

russian armor

Cancer Doctrine has no counter

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 Mar 2016, 13:23 PM

Shut the HELL up about cancer
6 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM

People just want to steamroll over the British Forces. Before the February commanders, there was no decent British commander; barring Vanguard.

The British weren't the dominant faction in CoH1, nor are they in CoH2. Emplacements are required to keep them in the game.
6 Mar 2016, 13:30 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 12:44 PMaaa

im sorry i didnt play it yet. But leigcancer was supressind wiping and moving. Emplaysments do neither of that.

Its not a matter of fun. Are Emplaysments counterable? Obviously YES. And you say yes too.
Case closed.

Leig trash wasnt counterable at all.

Its not a matter of if it is counterable or not, you could have countered the leigs aswell, but would it be fun? No. The point is that you need to work your ass off and suffer the whole game, just to maybe win against it. That is bad design. Nothing more or less.

The ultimate goal of games is to be FUN.
6 Mar 2016, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 13:24 PMDoggo
People just want to steamroll over the British Forces. Before the February commanders, there was no decent British commander; barring Vanguard.

The British weren't the dominant faction in CoH1, nor are they in CoH2. Emplacements are required to keep them in the game.

Have you played any games vs this commander? Could you post a few replays showing that OP is wrong?

Before this commander the response to complaints against emplacements were "learn 2 LeiG, lol". Now the Leig can't damage the emplacements fast enough to kill them and mid-game the counter-barrage from base arty destroys the LeiG.

You clearly have never played vs this commander. It's not fun. Just a long boring game of tennis. Let's say it's not even overpowered, it still reduces the game to a dull slugfest. Surely you don't want that?

Lastly, if the Brits need something to keep them in the game, let's give them something else that's good. Static play is boring.

aaa
6 Mar 2016, 13:33 PM

Its not a matter of if it is counterable or not, you could have countered the leigs aswell, but would it be fun? No. The point is that you need to work your ass off and suffer the whole game, just to maybe win against it. That is bad design. Nothing more or less.

leigs at its worst state werent counterable by any single way. Worst BS ever happened to this game. When a lot of really retarded players inflated their ranks with leig use. OP is whining about balance not fun.

Fun and balance are irrelevant to each other in this case. Did i get you right? So its balanced just no fun to play longer game of this syle.

6 Mar 2016, 13:33 PM

+ 1 fkn MILLION! :welcome:
6 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 13:33 PMaaa

leigs at its worst state werent counterable by any single way. Worst BS ever happened to this game. When a lot of really retarded players inflated their ranks with leig use. OP is whining about balance not fun.

Yes, the op is wrong since there are counters to this, but they are all soft counters and require a lot of micro and time compared to the brits where they need to know good positions/map for their emplacements and just sit there. (similiar to the leig cancer)

Fun and balance are irrelevant to each other in this case. Did i get you right? So its balanced just no fun to play longer game of this syle.

Yes they are somewhat balanced, but indeed no fun to play against. In my opinion balance and fun factor should always be equally important in a game.
6 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM

If only hetzer were good.
6 Mar 2016, 13:53 PM

It is cancer, seriously, listen to community :lol:
6 Mar 2016, 13:54 PM

Smoke and flank.
6 Mar 2016, 13:55 PM

Cut it out early or you have a problem... sounds pretty much like cancer to me.
6 Mar 2016, 14:02 PM

If goal of the game is to have fun, why dont you let this fun for someone who likes emplacemets? If its not fun for you it does not mean its not fun for others.

For example, its not fun to play agasint volks blob but from okw Point of view its fun.
6 Mar 2016, 14:03 PM

It is cancer, seriously, listen to community :lol:

I remember the community saying 320dmg, 50 range, 2500hp free tiger ace was a skill play that had a downskide to exploit :sibPheasant:

I don't think community as a whole is the good thing to listen to.

However, I know how to spot something that IS actually OP.
Its simple.

It becomes meta INSTANTLY, for everyone, until its nerfed.

And I don't see all top players using this doc.
6 Mar 2016, 14:05 PM

I remember the community saying 320dmg, 50 range, 2500hp free tiger ace was a skill play that had a downskide to exploit :sibPheasant:

I don't think community as a whole is the good thing to listen to.

Was not here at Tiger ACE OP times :( but i think that the helms deep doctrin is kind of really annoying :o
6 Mar 2016, 14:13 PM

I don't think it's fun to play against 2x Stug E + 2x PAK40 into tiger. That too is boring and static and does not require a lot of skill to pull of.
I don't like playing a 2v2 against axis where they get a Jagdtiger and a (King)tiger on a narrow map like rails and metal and form an impenetrable deference. That too is static and boring gameplay.

It's stupid that people piss and moan about brits being static and boring when there is already plenty of other static and boring gameplay styles to go around, especially in team games.
6 Mar 2016, 14:18 PM

I don't think it's fun to play against 2x Stug E + 2x PAK40 into tiger. That too is boring and static and does not require a lot of skill to pull of.
I don't like playing a 2v2 against axis where they get a Jagdtiger and a (King)tiger on a narrow map like rails and metal and form an impenetrable deference. That too is static and boring gameplay.

It's stupid that people piss and moan about brits being static and boring when there is already plenty of other static and boring gameplay styles to go around, especially in team games.

I'll agree with you about rails and metal Jagdtiger. The game would be better without it.

If you think 2x Stug E is no fun to play against, tell us why. If you can think of a way to change it which would improve gameplay, suggest it.

The only stupid thing is looking at someone else's comment and calling it "piss and moan". What do you think the result of that will be? C'mon man, you're a good player, you also add a lot of info to the forum. No need to slag people off for their thoughts.
6 Mar 2016, 14:28 PM

Really, how can you expect to be taken seriously with such a limited vocabulary? Calling anything you don't like cancer? There are quite a few places where disease based insults like that aren't tolerated.
6 Mar 2016, 14:33 PM

I'm calling it pissing and moaning because I think it's a lot of complaining over a playstyle that is not even that good. Calling it a cancer is completely overkill. Now, I also did a whole lot of complaining back in the day about the call-in meta, but at least that meta was super effective and it gave a huge advantage over a player not going for call-in tanks.
6 Mar 2016, 14:40 PM

As undoctrinal counters with Osthern, use smoke barrage from the mortar on the bofors and then rush a Flame ht, then attack ground the emplacement. After kill the bofors move your infantry to keep enemy units away while you finish the mortars with the flame ht , the mortar will still be counterbateried, but will buy enough time to kill the emplacement.

For more safety, pick a doctrine with panzer tactician so you can still save the flame ht if your mortar gets oneshotted. A not so easy but still reliable option to panzer tactician would be the smoke strafe.

Undoctrinally as Oberkomando west, you can force the brace on the bofors with a racketen and then trow grenades over it when the brace is about to finish. ISG are always an option, not the real counter but they will still help to kill emplacements that arent in mortar pit range by autoattacking, with help i dont mean on his own, but will still suport the previous explained tactic.

To help doctrinally, pick that bloody firestorm doctrine and burn those bastards down before they lay eggs. Aswell breakthrough helps a lot if the things go too mad and you need the Jagdtiger to kill everything, always supported by pzfuseliers spotting for it
6 Mar 2016, 14:48 PM

As undoctrinal counters with Osthern, use smoke barrage from the mortar on the bofors and then rush a Flame ht, then attack ground the emplacement. After kill the bofors move your infantry to keep enemy units away while you finish the mortars with the flame ht , the mortar will still be counterbateried, but will buy enough time to kill the emplacement.

For more safety, pick a doctrine with panzer tactician so you can still save the flame ht if your mortar gets oneshotted. A not so easy but still reliable option to panzer tactician would be the smoke strafe.

Undoctrinally as Oberkomando west, you can force the brace on the bofors with a racketen and then trow grenades over it when the brace is about to finish. ISG are always an option, not the real counter but they will still help to kill emplacements that arent in mortar pit range by autoattacking, with help i dont mean on his own, but will still suport the previous explained tactic.

To help doctrinally, pick that bloody firestorm doctrine and burn those bastards down before they lay eggs. Aswell breakthrough helps a lot if the things go too mad and you need the Jagdtiger to kill everything, always supported by pzfuseliers spotting for it

Ever seen what happens to flame HT that go with smoke vs bofor's. A good opponent attack ground your flame HT and your HT goes down in 2s...
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 79
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak