Login

russian armor

Boycotting the game shouldn't be a taboo anymore

29 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM
Patrion 14

you know shit got real when even Cannonade starts posting...

If you're so keen on boycotting the game, do it in silence. These threads do more harm than good.

#worthlessthread
29 Feb 2016, 23:01 PM

Personally I thought pay 2 win was kind of a myth. Until the british were released. Ever since then anything and everything has been OP on release followed by nerf that doesn't come soon enough

You might have missed OKW since release up until most recent revamp.
29 Feb 2016, 23:04 PM

This.

Make your final statement, and then simply stop supporting the company.

I cannot overstate enough how important and simple this actually is.

It hurts at first, but life has far more important and better things to offer.

Whining wont help. Complaining wont help. Feedback wont help.
They dont care.

Take your dollars and your time, and take it somewhere else that it is appreciated.

Every time I see a statement like this I picture...

Phy
29 Feb 2016, 23:10 PM

I will never support such levels of mediocrity which COH2 has shown as a game franchise. I paid for a game and as a customer I deserve what they sold to me. Simple as this.

Btw saying COH2's community is one of the worst is so LEL. Who has done a job -FOR FREE, AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY STAFF- in finding bugs or balancing the game more than the community? Who has put more effort on tournaments and streaming more than the community? If the game can still breath it's not because of relic only because of the community. This is the saddest thing here. We're worried (and love) the game more than their own developers.
29 Feb 2016, 23:13 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 23:04 PMNapalm

If I got a dollar for every guy making an account on the forums, furiously claiming to boycott the game or the devs only to come back when his cup of hot choclate milk is finished to play the game again, I'd be rich enough to buy all the Relic DLC :snfQuinn:
29 Feb 2016, 23:31 PM

By the way, it wasn't about killing CoH2 and rekting link.

Just dropping hints that us, the fans, won't be here forever taking all kind of shit. Even those trending memes could be effective, bar the degrading ones.
29 Feb 2016, 23:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If I got a dollar for every guy making an account on the forums, furiously claiming to boycott the game or the devs only to come back when his cup of hot choclate milk is finished to play the game again, I'd be rich enough to buy all the Relic DLC :snfQuinn:

330 dollars, 330 different people. You are probably right, wouldn't surprise me.
29 Feb 2016, 23:51 PM
Patrion 14

Threads like these make me feel embarrassed for the community.

Relic shows so much love, it's just that they underestimate the bugs and give in to the huge community pressure of quick fixes, which obviously don't work.

29 Feb 2016, 23:56 PM
Patrion 15

Is this twaddle still going on? ResidentSleeper
1 Mar 2016, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 23:01 PMKatitof

You might have missed OKW since release up until most recent revamp.

No I didn't miss it
1 Mar 2016, 02:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 23:04 PMNapalm

Well, it genuinely happened with Payday 2, at least.
1 Mar 2016, 06:49 AM

Boycotting any game shouldn't be taboo or frowned upon ever.

Now that's what I call consistency.
1 Mar 2016, 07:40 AM

on the one hand:
boycotting the game isnt a solution and wouldnt change anything. I believe relic is trying
ist best to fix the bug. They tried to hotfix it, but failed so now they have to realise a way to fix it

on the other Hand
i will stop playing this game till ist fixed becouse with such a bug ist simply no fun for me
1 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM

Many Bugs/Exploits would be mild annoyances at worst if people wouldn't abuse the shit out of them. Of course there is really critical shit like the broken Veterancy as a recent example or the still unfixed(correct me if I'm wrong) bugs with certain UKF abilities that won't trigger(Smoke shell on Cromwell/Comet, Tread-breaker on AEC)...
9 Mar 2016, 10:28 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:37 PMwuff
People should read this.

What work are harder, game developers or people who build houses and another stuff ? game will be 3 years soon and for this time people worker can build pyramide, waht Relic buid for this 3 years and destroy ?
9 Mar 2016, 10:45 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 19:46 PMd0ggY
Boycotting won't work. Then game will be just let to die, and that is not what we want. What would more work is to build up a base of where communication between community and relic is on a "let's get this game forward"-level, which would include patchtesting etc.

+1
9 Mar 2016, 10:46 AM

Permanently Banned
To be honest, Relic should impove their balance development and game development in general.

You may say what ever you want, but lets be honest here, Brad is bad balance designer and he dont want to or cant work good.

Jokes aside, but there were way too many fucked ups. I mean, stop saying that game development is hard and use it as an excuse.

Look at guy who made a "competitive edition" mod. Lets imagine that Brad is single balance designer ... well aswell as dude who made competitive edition.

Aside from really good balance changes (some of them are questinable, but still most of them are 100% needed) this guy fixed veterancy like in the next day after 25th patch.

So some random dude from community, who is NOT game developer, made much better changes using MOD TOOLS, then Relic's main balance desinger? Really?

Aside from BS statement from Brad like: PTRS not sniping inf (after PTRS buff), that blobs not a problem, stacking not a problem and jokes about L2P, its fine for Relic and Brad probably, to realease a fucked up patch during ESL and go to their weekends. Is it fine ? Maybe ... every one can made a mistake. BUT Relic made it twise. Firstly during fist ESL when Vekers was fucked up, secondly now.

I mean, it wont take you a week to fix veterancy, also there is ESL tournament in progress, take your fucking time and fix your shit, not because you are good person, but because you have some respect to community.

Brad and Relic in general have ZERO respect to community. They are not responsable for anything, they are not improving theirselfs, they are working better, they not learing from mistakes.

Community may ask years for fixes, and be ingroned, while when units like broken AEC appears you will wait mouth till fix, because "Relic collecting data". For some reason they always make balance changes without asking or collecting data, creating over-performing units, but when whole community say "THIS UNIT IS FUCKING OP", they wont fix it untill Brad decided that fix is needed.

Even USF pop-cap abuse is "feature" for Brad, thats why we had CaliOP spamm since its release. How much time it took for community to see that this unit is OP? And now look how much time it took for Relic to finnaly "accept" that this unit is OP.

I mean, you may protect Brad, you may say that every one can make a mistake ... but you know, when you have a 3 years old game and mistakes happen like almost every single patch, there is no room for protecting such developers.

Not to mention that community "works for free", creating data-bases, finding bugs, testing for free and still there is ZERO respect and ZERO feedback.

+1
9 Mar 2016, 14:52 PM

...I'd be rich enough to buy all the Relic DLC :snfQuinn:

That's actually reasonable lol. I thought it would end with something much, much more grand.
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 15:15 PMKtheZ
Why is COH2 "badly broken"

It's not badly broken. I don't think you know what a badly broken game is.
11 Mar 2016, 02:26 AM

I don't think you know what a badly broken game is.
A game which is getting flooded with new bugs and hacks on a monthly basis, you pay $80 for the base game and have to invest almost as much in order to be competitive.
11 Mar 2016, 03:28 AM
Donator 11

A game which is getting flooded with new bugs and hacks on a monthly basis, you pay $80 for the base game and have to invest almost as much in order to be competitive.

The game is on sale now. For 7,50 euro. And to be competitive, guess what, you need patience and skill, not dlc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS