Login

russian armor

Be able to repair Soviet FHQ

29 Feb 2016, 01:08 AM

With the latest patch, Relic reintroduced grenades doing damage to buildings again for some damn reason. Things like Bundle and Rifle Grenades often knock 1/3 to 2/3 of the health off medium sizes buildings and can 1 shot smaller ones.

Soviet FHQs costs 60 fuel, a really big investment that delays teching. Is it too much ask to be able to repair it? To make it balanced, it could have a really slow repair rate, or not be able to be repaired while under fire.

This could also apply to British Tactical Support FHQ.

Thoughts?
29 Feb 2016, 01:21 AM
Donator 11

They should just reduce the price on it. Its a HUGE investment and rly depends on the building. Could use a balance pass to be 30-40 fuel rather than 60 but being able to repair ambient buildings I feel is silly.
29 Feb 2016, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 01:08 AMF1sh
With the latest patch, Relic reintroduced grenades doing damage to buildings again for some damn reason. Things like Bundle and Rifle Grenades often knock 1/3 to 2/3 of the health off medium sizes buildings and can 1 shot smaller ones.

Soviet FHQs costs 60 fuel, a really big investment that delays teching. Is it too much ask to be able to repair it? To make it balanced, it could have a really slow repair rate, or not be able to be repaired while under fire.

This could also apply to British Tactical Support FHQ.

Thoughts?

u're trolling/joking right? :)

good job, made me laugh :)
29 Feb 2016, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 01:21 AMMittens
They should just reduce the price on it. Its a HUGE investment and rly depends on the building. Could use a balance pass to be 30-40 fuel rather than 60 but being able to repair ambient buildings I feel is silly.

No, I mean just be able to repair the FHQ, not all ambient buildings. You can easily hard counter it by using a walking stuka or panzerwerfer, which almost always destroy buildings with 1 barrage.
29 Feb 2016, 01:42 AM

yeah no bugger off.
29 Feb 2016, 01:49 AM

We're very constructive in here. Should be able to repair the British gliders though.
29 Feb 2016, 05:52 AM

Whilst the doctrine runs the risk of becoming OP if changed are made, the whole doctrine is extinct currently because its only saving grace is that building and once the stuka zu fuss comes out the whole doctrine is worthless.
29 Feb 2016, 06:18 AM

FHQ is OP or UP depending on the map. Ettlebruck for example. Get the central building and its basically GG.
29 Feb 2016, 06:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

FHQ is OP or UP depending on the map. Ettlebruck for example. Get the central building and its basically GG.

Precisely why the Soviet FHQ should be repairable but just be a separate building that's created by your units (and then probably require heavy rebalancing, of course).

I just can't see how the gimmick can be healthy and stable gameplay without causing the FHQ to be entirely the same no matter what garrisoned building it's built out of, negating the entire point of the gimmick anyway. It should just go.
29 Feb 2016, 07:08 AM

oh shit i just realized that fhq's still exist :foreveralone:
29 Feb 2016, 18:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 06:32 AMVuther

Precisely why the Soviet FHQ should be repairable but just be a separate building that's created by your units (and then probably require heavy rebalancing, of course).

I just can't see how the gimmick can be healthy and stable gameplay without causing the FHQ to be entirely the same no matter what garrisoned building it's built out of, negating the entire point of the gimmick anyway. It should just go.

We could start by removing the increase damage modifier. Damage modifiers are bad bad bad :facepalm:
29 Feb 2016, 18:55 PM

Since SU don't start with 50fuel and you just can't jump in and switch building into FHQ, it's not OP anymore.

Repairing would be really nice.
29 Feb 2016, 19:03 PM

It's fine. GG on ettlebruck, good in other maps and UP in others. Like every commander. You force stuka rush. In ettlebruck or City 17 i always try urban tactics.
29 Feb 2016, 19:20 PM

I'm with Vuther and elchino7, it should be its own building. It should be its own building since its impossible to balance as it is now, and if its going to give a firepower bonus, it should be accuracy. Boosted damage, as Relic has learned, is a bad idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★