Login

russian armor

Is SimCity a boring game mechanic to play against?

29 Feb 2016, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 20:17 PMKatitof

If that single button click was all it was needed to defend against said attack, then sorry to disappoint you, it wasn't as well organized as you thought.

Well organized attack would first make opponent use that click of a button, wait 30 seconds and then roll over emplacement.
30 seconds is all that is needed to muster up a proper counter. That single click of a button saves you time. It's not the strengthening of the emplacement that makes the brace OP. It's the time. Shut the fuck up.
29 Feb 2016, 00:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 23:53 PMHiflex

Wow, if I would have read that before the respond in the other thread I would have not replied there.
You sir, are just biased. End of the story.

If I had read this before I wrote my post in the other thread, I probably still would have written it because I am not biased.

OKW simcity can be near impossible to break when you don't have strong arty options such as UKF or USF without rocket arty. It has fallen out of favor, but sim-city into King-Tiger was quite popular for some time. OKW simcity into heavy armor is still effective vs USF airborne who lack any of the tools to deal with it (no arty, no breakthrough tanks).

Also something about playercard and playing all factions.
29 Feb 2016, 05:58 AM

You can't call OKW med truck with LeIG around it a simcity anymore than you can call USF Ambulance surrounded by Pak Howies a simcity.
29 Feb 2016, 06:05 AM

Aladdin and katiof say sim city say it's fine so everyone stop your arguments. The two smartest people say it's fine so it's fine
29 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 05:58 AMRappy
You can't call OKW med truck with LeIG around it a simcity anymore than you can call USF Ambulance surrounded by Pak Howies a simcity.

Single werfer will destroy everything including the ambulance.. Katty vs MedTruck with FlakHQ + 2 LeIG's will probably minor damage the buildings and maybe decrew a LeIG.. literally nothing happens.
29 Feb 2016, 08:10 AM

Just hate turtles full stop. Just so boring play against camping what ever faction they are playing as!!
29 Feb 2016, 08:22 AM

It's simcity nontheless. A medic truck with an leig next to it, a panzerhq next to it with a Pak43 covering it; it's very hard to break. Also it doesn't cost nearly as much supply as UKF simcity so you can still have units to cap the rest of the map.

Well its great that there is counter arty now that kills leig at second shot if it misses the first and it kill everything near the place where leig fired its shot. So no more shooting near HQ trucks.
29 Feb 2016, 10:04 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 07:56 AMpugzii

Single werfer will destroy everything including the ambulance.. Katty vs MedTruck with FlakHQ + 2 LeIG's will probably minor damage the buildings and maybe decrew a LeIG.. literally nothing happens.

Let me just brace my med truck while you barrage it :snfPeter:

Brace is what makes sim city cancerous, just removing it wont be a option but a rework is needed.
29 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 10:04 AMSirlami

Let me just brace my med truck while you barrage it :snfPeter:

Brace is what makes sim city cancerous, just removing it wont be a option but a rework is needed.

Yeah sure remove Brace and give it the health and armour of a truck, oh and remove the popcap.

Emplacements should be viable, if Brace didn't exist 1 LeIG could counter everything, 1 stuka, 1 stuka zu fuss, 1 offmap, 1 werfer etc. Sirlami pls.
29 Feb 2016, 10:17 AM

WHAT?! OKW SIM CITY??!! LOL:lolol: Some people here are so deluded comparing brits sim city vs OKW.

This topic is not saying it needs nerfing or brace to be removed but the fact that its just so boring to play against and it is true. Its more boring and frustrating then the blob fests

29 Feb 2016, 10:39 AM

People with little game knowledge look at Brit sim-city and OKW sim-city and think: Brits have brace, therefore it is much stronger than OKW sim-city. But these people can't see the bigger picture. They don't take into account what steps a player must make to counter sim-city, and how the different factions allow, or in fact do not allow, a player to make these steps.
29 Feb 2016, 10:41 AM

29 Feb 2016, 10:46 AM

Yesterday's ESL was a prime example that demonstrated how to deal with Sim City emplacements. Just watch from the best and learn :)
29 Feb 2016, 10:54 AM

People please, the term for OKW is Trailer Park :snfPeter:
29 Feb 2016, 10:54 AM
Donator 22

Yesterday's ESL was a prime example that demonstrated how to deal with Sim City emplacements. Just watch from the best and learn :)

where can I find the replays? Do you have a link, to watch them?
29 Feb 2016, 10:57 AM

Sigh, not another "I don't like emplacements so please nerf" thread. You can dress it up as a poll but it's all this thread is. Especially when OKW players vehemently deny ever building a "sim city".

The real difference between okw and brit entrenchment is that OKW will build it literally every game. There was a thread on here not too long ago about how powerful the okw truck bonuses are because they still haven't been adjusted for the change in income.

As for brit emplacements - there's plenty of weaknesses in going emplacement heavy already, you just have to exploit them.
29 Feb 2016, 11:11 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 10:12 AMpugzii

Yeah sure remove Brace and give it the health and armour of a truck, oh and remove the popcap.

Emplacements should be viable, if Brace didn't exist 1 LeIG could counter everything, 1 stuka, 1 stuka zu fuss, 1 offmap, 1 werfer etc. Sirlami pls.

Please read my post. As i said they should get a rework, not just brace removed.
29 Feb 2016, 13:26 PM

At the moment something definitely needs to change, not so much because emplacements are IMBA but because some factions/commanders don't really have an effective counter. OKW really suffer from this. I think the main problem is that they don't have a long range AT gun that can attack ground on emplacements from range to chip them down. Raketenwerfer range is about the same as Bofors so you can't get close enough for this to work. Unfortunately, I don't think buffing the Raketenwerfer would be a good idea since then OKW would be too good against tanks.

I think maybe what is needed is some kind of non-doctrinal artillery the OKW can build (like the Wehr 105mm Howie), maybe unlocked by teching to Schwerer Panzer HQ. That way OKW can map control -> tech and break the Sim CIty if the Brit player doesn't play properly.

I don't think removing brace is the answer. Before brace, emplacements have always been shit in Coh2 because its to easy to get close with a fast AT gun/vehicle and blow them up. Brace is needed as a mechanic for emplacements to be viable at all. If I was gonna nerf emplacements I would make them repair slower (like, very slowly) so a series of sustained attacks can eventually wear them down.
29 Feb 2016, 13:58 PM

People with little game knowledge look at Brit sim-city and OKW sim-city and think: Brits have brace, therefore it is much stronger than OKW sim-city. But these people can't see the bigger picture. They don't take into account what steps a player must make to counter sim-city, and how the different factions allow, or in fact do not allow, a player to make these steps.

Brit sim city is stronger then OKW sim city though, axis players HAVE to target these brit structures as they hold down multiple VP's and fuel points on its own while dishing out insane damage to the players and really they should be since these emplacements cost MP, fuel and popcop and in my opinion brace should be kept for brits as its easy to trick the enemy to force his brace HOWEVER, its the new commander that's making it broken as hell, as it makes the emplacements not just tougher but countering the things that suppose to counter the emplacements with a click of a button.

I just personally, want that new commander removed or changed which is not only making it boring to play against but also making it very frustrating to destroy them.
29 Feb 2016, 15:47 PM

Also something about playercard and playing all factions.

If you are really interested in it you can scan through my previous posts and look it up. I already posted it some month ago.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★