russian armor

Land mattress damage

PAGES (8)down
26 Feb 2016, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:05 PMThamor
222 whine started before the patch and look nobody whining about it

I wonder why...

Oh, I know why!

Because the patch have broken the game to unplayable point, where only the special kind of people who like to have their balls electrocuted and stuff can bear the current state of the game.
26 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:09 PMRollo

L2P please, land mattress damage is fine

Oh guys, Rollo says it's fine, so it must be... #nothingtoseehere #move-along
26 Feb 2016, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 10:48 AMpugzii
Just tested this, total bullshit, took 4 barrages in total which is 4 minutes in total if you have 1.

We must be playing different versions of the game. I tried this ten times in game and also in cheat mode. Only once did the second barrage fail at max range to destroy the schwerer panzer hq (flak hq). That one time it was left with a slither of health. Did you remember to change the faction of the structure in cheat mode?
26 Feb 2016, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:09 PMRollo

PanzerGeneralForever you donut sound salty at all

L2P please, land mattress damage is fine

I haven't said a word about the land mattress m8
26 Feb 2016, 16:51 PM

Can't wait to see the whine about new 222 against Brits. Of course the natural reply will be "L2P" :D

I agree any whine about 222 will be l2p issue, but I doubt there will be complains tbh and if so no one cares when it's not legit!
26 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:05 PMThamor
222 whine started before the patch and look nobody whining about it, more against brits. Which is understandable.

Emplacement spam with land mattress, yum yum. Will like the next 2 months :)

It's hard to use a 222 to its full potential on Stalingrad...
26 Feb 2016, 17:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 08:50 AMashxu
tbh i don't really feel guilty because ukf already has issues with okw and it's a doctrine exclusive unit, ukf have no rocket artillery otherwise

Ostheer has no light tank as a doctrinal exclusive unit, it's time to add the invincible Hotchkiss.
26 Feb 2016, 17:34 PM

Looks like the Dead Sea here.
26 Feb 2016, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 17:10 PMTobis
invincible Hotchkiss.

My grandmother's wagon has more armor. :snfQuinn:
26 Feb 2016, 19:52 PM

- This might not seem much, but if you fire into the fog of war, the angle is multiplied by 25%
- Thus, to improve horizontal scatter: you need to close the distance AND make sure you have vision on the target

Indeed. I just did another test. In the fog of war the base structure will survive a second blast. Infact in fog of war a vet 2 land mattress does same damage as unvetted land mattress with line of sight. Talking max range here.

Also, as someone pointed out there might be a tiny difference to the damage of a flak hq if built using a spawner in cheatmode, rather than waiting for the AI to build it. (I tried both).
26 Feb 2016, 20:11 PM

The scatter range on this unit is so massive that if I don't start moving the split second I hear it firing my squads still get hit before they get out of the ring of fire, so I hit retreat and they retreat through its massive ring and get wiped 70% of the time. This thing fires so many rockets it covers its own scatter ring like 3 times over and that almost guarantees wipes on retreat.

I don't want to super nerf it, but if Relic could take a controlled approach like they did with the CalliOP, then that would be appreciated.
26 Feb 2016, 20:22 PM
Benefactor 392

Reasons why i think the landmattress is fine
1: at the moment is because it fires really slowly so it's easy to get out of it's area of effect before having heavy losses. EI: 1 rocket at a time at a slow rate of fire.

2: it's reload speed is fairly low

3: it really isn't all that mobile

4: and the cost is just right.

It may come out really early but when you see an early land mattress you know tanks are going to be delayed by a considerable amount.
26 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM

1: at the moment is because it fires really slowly so it's easy to get out of it's area of effect before having heavy losses. EI: 1 rocket at a time at a slow rate of fire.

It may come out really early but when you see an early land mattress you know tanks are going to be delayed by a considerable amount.

40 fuel isn't a really big delay it is just a swap from getting a Bofors or AEC and getting the Land Matress instead(plus the UC doesn't have a fuel cost anymore).
26 Feb 2016, 21:31 PM

rage post :)
26 Feb 2016, 21:31 PM

Ban me, kick me I don't care anymore. You all know I am right.

Still the most fun for me was company of heroes online... Everything was op...
26 Feb 2016, 21:42 PM

The tank tech is delayed as much as it would getting a Mortar Halftrack --> 40 fuel.

26 Feb 2016, 22:00 PM

The tank tech is delayed as much as it would getting a Mortar Halftrack --> 40 fuel.

Yes but so much of playing the UKF hinges on getting that first cromwell out as quickly as possible. Especially now that the AEC has been balanced.
26 Feb 2016, 23:01 PM

It's too early to really say whether the unit is OP or not. My guess is time will reveal it to be another unit that is fine in 1v1, semi-acceptable in 2v2, and BS in 3v3/4v4.

What really has me scratching my head is why, when team games are already such a cluster with indirect and offmaps, Relic went ahead and added yet another low-risk, high-reward rocket spam unit.
27 Feb 2016, 01:13 AM

Yes indeed. Its a very famous and sad picture of childrens after a napalm strike of the US-airforce.
I have a Black Humor and it fits so nicely since it represents the Situation of brits - axis perfectly for the last Weeks and prob for the next ones too :'D

Sorry, but this is really not funny at all. Its just bad taste making fun out of real suffering of other people.
27 Feb 2016, 01:29 AM

Well looks like Relic agreed with the community and nerfed it already...

"Added a target table modifier that reduces damage against buildings on the land mattress
Reduced the medium and far AOE profile on the land mattress main barrage slightly"
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS