Login

russian armor

Land mattress damage

PAGES (8)down
26 Feb 2016, 06:42 AM

Wasn't the land mattress supposed to do light damage with wide spread? I just played a game as okw. Aside from the crazy bugs, my opponent destroyed my flak hq from more than half way across the map with just two land mattress rounds.
Do allies really need more berserk rocket artillery? Does this really help balance? This game has become just an endless meteor shower. No fun as axis.
26 Feb 2016, 07:00 AM

New commanders will always be op... except for Axis.
26 Feb 2016, 07:16 AM

Yeah I love it how with the last axis commander you get a goliath and that's pretty much it. With this new Brit doc, aside from the flamers and the land mattress you get commandos that can pop out of any building PLUS a goliath they can throw, with no arming delay.
26 Feb 2016, 07:19 AM

Lol both axis have rocket artillery as well!!
And i do remember op axis commanders in the past! If you cant beat them joint them
26 Feb 2016, 07:21 AM

noticed that too
2 of those will kill okw trucks rly fast
26 Feb 2016, 07:21 AM
Benefactor 392

wherfer is pretty amazing.
26 Feb 2016, 07:23 AM

If you cant beat them joint them

Allies 4va
26 Feb 2016, 07:25 AM

Indirect fire has turned into a joke, its purpose is to soften defensive positions and punish aggressive forward retreat points, but it has turned coh into rush pwerfer/calliope/land mattress whenever I can just because one click nukes an entire area rather than a situational unit to be used STRATEGICALLY.

I think all rocket artillery/priest should get a cooldown increase or whatever, because at the rate things are going currently, its just going to be 1v1 games from here on out.
26 Feb 2016, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 06:42 AMRappy
Wasn't the land mattress supposed to do light damage with wide spread? I just played a game as okw. Aside from the crazy bugs, my opponent destroyed my flak hq from more than half way across the map with just two land mattress rounds.
Do allies really need more berserk rocket artillery? Does this really help balance? This game has become just an endless meteor shower. No fun as axis.

That happens when u just build a medic and flak hq and spam isgs let them sitting duck beside it and u expect to go afk and wait for KT to win the game with no effort in team games. Lel
26 Feb 2016, 07:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:31 AMAladdin

That happens when u just build a medic and flak hq and spam isgs let them sitting duck beside it and u expect to go afk and wait for KT to win the game with no effort in team games. Lel

#rekt lulz
26 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM

#rekt lulz

Moar axis fanbois butthurt and tears incoming :)
26 Feb 2016, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:31 AMAladdin

I have no idea what kinds of ptsd flashbacks you are having, but it was a 1v1 and there was plenty of infantry play on both sides.
26 Feb 2016, 07:46 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:38 AMAladdin

Moar axis fanbois butthurt and tears incoming :)

Seems a little ridiculous, however, when every rocket that hits a truck will deal 80 damage and you have 30 rockets inbound. Even the Calliope has damage reduction penalties against production structures which most other heavy artillery units don't. Of course there's scatter so it seems unlikely unless you rolled it up at short range.

It is strange, though. The rockets have a better AOE damage profile than the Katyusha, why? Shouldn't it be worse given it's cheaper and meant to rely on saturation fire?

Katyusha Damage Distances: 1/0.35/0.15
Land Mattress Damage Distances: 1/0.4/0.25

Katyusha AOE Distance: 1.5/3/4.5
Land Mattress AOE Distances: 1.5/3/4.5

Both Deal 80 damage.

26 Feb 2016, 07:55 AM

for anyone actually taking this thread seriously: it doesnt do enough damage to 2 barrage trucks.
26 Feb 2016, 08:11 AM

for anyone actually taking this thread seriously: it doesnt do enough damage to 2 barrage trucks.

Errr. Yes it does. Try it in cheat mode. 1st barrage at maximum range takes Flak HQ to just under half health. 2nd kills it. Love how you just threw your opinion out there as fact before you even tested it.
26 Feb 2016, 08:17 AM

New op unit, nothing new.
26 Feb 2016, 08:35 AM

"Errr. Yes it does. Try it in cheat mode. 1st barrage at maximum range takes Flak HQ to just under half health. 2nd kills it. Love how you just threw your opinion out there as fact before you even tested it."

Fantastic, about time those Schwerers were punished.

Did you find that it was more humiliating with or without lube?
26 Feb 2016, 08:39 AM

"Errr. Yes it does. Try it in cheat mode. 1st barrage at maximum range takes Flak HQ to just under half health. 2nd kills it. Love how you just threw your opinion out there as fact before you even tested it."

Fantastic, about time those Schwerers were punished.

Did you find that it was more humiliating with or without lube?

I setup my flak hq in my base on Lost glider map. So now teching to a final tier requires punishment... ok...
26 Feb 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 08:11 AMRappy

Errr. Yes it does. Try it in cheat mode. 1st barrage at maximum range takes Flak HQ to just under half health. 2nd kills it. Love how you just threw your opinion out there as fact before you even tested it.

Can confirm, it does indeed. However keep in mind cooldowns

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 08:39 AMRappy

I setup my flak hq in my base on Lost glider map. So now teching to a final tier requires punishment... ok...

Put it in your base then, it's a crewed weapon it can't fuck off as fast compared to artillery on a vehicle.

Before it was pretty hard to kill the Flak HQ anyway unless it was in a really really bad position
26 Feb 2016, 08:44 AM

Just done some more tests. At the shortest range an unvetted land mattress will take Flak HQ to 10 percent health in ONE volley. A vet 2 land mattress takes it to 30% health in one volley at max range.

For comparison, a Panzerwerfer brought it down to about 80% health and a Calliope took it only to 88% health in one volley. Didn't test minimum range for Calliope as it is much closer than minimum on the land mattress.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS