Login

russian armor

Japanese faction??

25 Feb 2016, 22:48 PM

Like the way you predicted the WFA? :D

Stop deluding yourself unless you want to get owned again.
His post made sense actually and I fully agree.

No one is going to play as poorman's SU with no vehicles either.
25 Feb 2016, 22:56 PM

Implying that it matters anymroe when we have americans and brits fighting the OKW in stalingrad with Pershings and Jagdtigers.

Id love seeing the Japanese.
I agree with Zansibar,brits fighting in moscow doesn't make sense as well and seeing a japanese faction in Coh would be beast cause they would probably have cool units and abillities!
26 Feb 2016, 01:15 AM

maybe they will appear in CoH 3 that is if Relic decides to move their WW2 spectrum into the Pacific theater
26 Feb 2016, 07:42 AM

maybe they will appear in CoH 3 that is if Relic decides to move their WW2 spectrum into the Pacific theater

Would be nice, but it's to early to speculate about CoH3 already...
26 Feb 2016, 07:42 AM

You speak about me ? :wub:
I just say what i think, if game need new blob/camper faction okey :guyokay:.
But before add new faction or dream about it need fix old problems (its like have 5 kids who have 3 footwear, 4 cardigan, dont have enough food for all kids, but you dream about 6 kid). :).

Didint mean only u :luvDerp: never the less, this game DESERVES to have finns ! jesus japs can gtfo themselves (just kiddin, dont take it seriously people of japanese) but damn, its all about east front from the beginning.
26 Feb 2016, 08:06 AM

Since brits are already in there, why not release Afrika Korps ? Comprised of Italian and German forces. Would make sense to me, and also confirm what i predicted 1 year ago or so :)
26 Feb 2016, 11:30 AM
Donator 11

Better quality image
26 Feb 2016, 11:38 AM
26 Feb 2016, 14:44 PM
26 Feb 2016, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 14:44 PMSirlami

Care to explain? :)

The algorithm is explained on the website. To sum up, you can determine if a photo has been photoshoped as the areas with the "edges" are the ones who were altered (or are big contrast areas on the original picture). In this case, you can clearly identify a few areas that are weird (namely, the japanese commanders loadout, we can clearly identify squares that have been juxtaposed).

It is not an exact science though, open the original image
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/307738199211735558/EED2F52EA2F9E6B474F1EB2389DCCA7B11C87F23/
in one tab
and the fotoforensics in another, and compare. The algorithm of fotoforensics shows areas that have been altered.

For me, this is a fake.

PS: at first i provided the link so that others can make their own idea on the matter, i just took a bit more time comparing it with other loadout screenshots of the game, and this is a very good work if it is a fake (this, or the picture has been re-encoded multiple times to "wash" the photoshop work). Now i'm in doubt :/
26 Feb 2016, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

Huh thats interesting :D
26 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM

I think i am sure now.

The antenna on top of the loadout is weird, it looks like it was pasted and comes from a different picture (when the other countries backgrounds blend together very well on forensics, since they are rendered altogether by the 3d engine of the game, they show no contrast as strong as this one).

Your thoughts ? :)

Here is a sample of what i just said:
Original Loadout of a high contrast 3D generated background "image"
http://i.imgur.com/L64QVsP.jpg

And its forensics:
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=681ce22561dd6dbb669fa64de2e4aba127565a5a.2636058&fmt=ela

Notice how the flames in the background (despite being contrastful) blend together and are barely noticeable after decryption, this is the work of a 3D engine. Now compare the Japanese screenshots, and look at that antenna, this has been added manually. Masterful work though, i thought i nailed it with the squares of the commanders loadout, but on second analysis, i noticed this was the case for all loadout screens i found on google image.
26 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 15:43 PMSirlami
Huh thats interesting :D

Sirlami,

Some interesting stuff in the last patch files? :D
26 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

Honestly, IMO history doesn't matter that much besides unit types. This is the game where Americans Russians and Brits fight on the same battlefield. Ideally, the Afrika Korps would he the best in terms of balance, however the Japanese I see working solely due to the fact that infantry remain relevant all game. The Japanese don't need to deal with Axis tanks, and historically fought all three Allies. They should be infantry focused, and Japanese tanks should be balaced to be great scout vehicles (with the Chi Nu being the only actual tank).

Historically, Veteran Japanese soldiers were very good at what they did, if the experiences of the US Marine Corp have any say. Vet 3 Japanese troops should be very strong. The Japanese fought American and British-Indian Shermans, and didn't lack variety in artillery and field guns.

In regards to banzai, the Japanese didn't melee much, and experienced officers didn't order banzai charges unless they knew they lost. In Game, Banzai should work like Urrah, except it allows the squad not to take suppression for the duration, yet take normal damage.

All in all, the Japanese would be great for infantrt-focused players. They don't need good tanks as long as some AT rifle, field gun, and or rocket launcher that can effectively fight tanks with good micro.
26 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM
Donator 11

Could be, also note that the flag is ripped from the top right and it is pretty dirty aswell, other nations flags are very clean and intact.
26 Feb 2016, 16:24 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:06 PMnigo

Sirlami,

Some interesting stuff in the last patch files? :D

Nothing to mention, other than 1 more faceplate for usf (similiar to the aa ones)
27 Feb 2016, 02:38 AM

I hope they wont, seems very pointless considering the tons of vehicles and units still not added into the game for the german,american,British,Russian armies
27 Feb 2016, 02:44 AM

I'd kill for a Japanese faction. I've been wanting one since the original CoH. I don't even care if they suck, honestly. I mostly want them for variety's sake and for atmospheric awesomeness (though for the record, I do think it would be possible to make them viable).
27 Feb 2016, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:06 PMSlaYoU
I think i am sure now.

The antenna on top of the loadout is weird, it looks like it was pasted and comes from a different picture (when the other countries backgrounds blend together very well on forensics, since they are rendered altogether by the 3d engine of the game, they show no contrast as strong as this one).

Your thoughts ? :)

Here is a sample of what i just said:
Original Loadout of a high contrast 3D generated background "image"
http://i.imgur.com/L64QVsP.jpg

And its forensics:
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=681ce22561dd6dbb669fa64de2e4aba127565a5a.2636058&fmt=ela

Notice how the flames in the background (despite being contrastful) blend together and are barely noticeable after decryption, this is the work of a 3D engine. Now compare the Japanese screenshots, and look at that antenna, this has been added manually. Masterful work though, i thought i nailed it with the squares of the commanders loadout, but on second analysis, i noticed this was the case for all loadout screens i found on google image.

This is all so unnecessary. The picture was originally posted by /U/hauntedGrass. A known fake leaker who was the same one who posted that fake calvary commander. That's all you need to know to find out it's fake.
nee
27 Feb 2016, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 08:06 AMSlaYoU
Since brits are already in there, why not release Afrika Korps ? Comprised of Italian and German forces. Would make sense to me, and also confirm what i predicted 1 year ago or so :)
This would make sense...if the UKF were designed around 1943. But that would mean like half of the units wouldn't exist.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS