Japanese faction??

25 Feb 2016, 07:59 AM
25 Feb 2016, 08:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's very likely a high quality fake.
25 Feb 2016, 08:06 AM

hmmm... sadly that's what i thought.
It would be nice to have a third Axis faction.
25 Feb 2016, 08:17 AM

Mhm, quite a lot of such posts have been around at /r/companyofheroes over the last couple of weeks.
Most people seem to be upset with the Axis having an almost identical unit-pool whilst the Allies can use three very different factions.

Even if Relic was to make a new faction I doubt it would be the Japanese since they fought in a completely different theatre of war.
Italians could work, but sadly they don't have a lot of heavy vehicles.
Either way, there's enough stuff for Relic to fix in this game before they should think of adding a new faction.
25 Feb 2016, 08:23 AM

I think it's a fake because of some reasons:

- The commander's images are just some commanders from other factions
- The faction icon resembles the Japanese war flag while all other factions do not resemble the flags of their countries, e.g. the Brits have their 'ball', the Germans have two Balkenkreuze.
- It's very unlikely for the background animation/video to be finished this early (the Brits didn't even have one in the open Alpha).

I also did some CoH2 fakes myself so I know what I'm talking about :snfPeter:
25 Feb 2016, 08:27 AM

Yeah, sure there are a lot other things to fix, but they added the brits too bevor they fixed any problems. And i understand that, historically it's hard to add a great new Axis faction.
But I think the Japanese had the most faction specific units. Italians should also be possible.
25 Feb 2016, 08:34 AM

It amazes me every time, seeing there are still people who believe there will be non german axis army that literally had useless ground forces and was on another side of the planet at a time.

STOP deluding yourself, unless you want weaker soviets copy with no heavy armor, there will NOT be new army for axis.
25 Feb 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:34 AMKatitof

STOP deluding yourself, unless you want weaker soviets copy with no heavy armor, there will NOT be new army for axis.

It's still... something.:D
25 Feb 2016, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:34 AMKatitof
It amazes me every time, seeing there are still people who believe there will be non german axis army that literally had useless ground forces and was on another side of the planet at a time.

Well done Kakitof you have proven you know nothing about the Japanese Army. How did they manage to almost half of China and most of South East Asia? With ships and aircraft alone?

Look up on how they took the British fortress on Singapore and you will see how pivotal Japanese infantry were...
25 Feb 2016, 08:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:47 AMCrumbum

Well done Kakitof you have proven you know nothing about the Japanese Army. How did they manage to almost half of China and most of South East Asia? With ships and aircraft alone?

Look up on how they took the British fortress on Singapore and you will see how pivotal Japanese infantry were...

The Japs took the underequipped and badly managed Commonwealth garrison of Singapore with a bunch of soldiers on bicycles and 50 light tanks. Equipment used in that battle wouldn't come close to stacking up to anything used or seen in COH2 by other factions.
25 Feb 2016, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:47 AMCrumbum

Maybe it is you who don't know anything?

How about you educate yourself on how numerous they were, the size of the garrisons they conquested, the supply lines, WW1 equipment of these garrisons.

Japanese ground forces was almost exclusively infantry, armored support was close to non existent and insignificant. It was simply cutting off supply lines and sheer numbers.

Japanese ground forces wouldn't last a day vs any large army in Europe theater at 44-45.

We're literally talking the army who thought bringing sword to a gun fight is a great idea while being less subtle and holding lower regard for own soldiers life then soviets at their worst day.
25 Feb 2016, 09:05 AM

I would pay for a DLC were you can play a faction with bicycle riding and sword swinging Infantry.:hansGG:
25 Feb 2016, 09:11 AM

I'm not saying the Japs should be included in Coh2 as I think they would be horribly out of place since they didn't even fight in Europe plus the Pacific war was largely different with a large focus on naval battles.

Although the idea that Jap infantry were undertrained and used stupid tactics (like banzai changes) is only partly true they did have strong infantry units but not in large quantity ofc. Especially as the war dragged on the quality of the army decreased.
25 Feb 2016, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:57 AMKatitof

Maybe it is you who don't know anything?

How about you educate yourself on how numerous they were, the size of the garrisons they conquested, the supply lines, WW1 equipment of these garrisons.

Japanese ground forces was almost exclusively infantry, armored support was close to non existent and insignificant. It was simply cutting off supply lines and sheer numbers.

Japanese ground forces wouldn't last a day vs any large army in Europe theater at 44-45.

We're literally talking the army who thought bringing sword to a gun fight is a great idea while being less subtle and holding lower regard for own soldiers life then soviets at their worst day.

Who gives a fuck about reality failtof. its possible to implement the japanese and have a viable faction.
25 Feb 2016, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:15 AMZyllen

Who gives a fuck about reality failtof. its possible to implement the japanese and have a viable faction.

No, its not possible, because its different gardening theater Faillen.
25 Feb 2016, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:57 AMKatitof

Who do you think you are judging about that?
I mean seriously, noone of us is able to answer that question.
Do not think you are.

Show some respect for the courage an honor of those men.
25 Feb 2016, 09:18 AM

Why not. About the historicity: This game is not historical, this game is based on World War II. The British are fighting in Stalingrad (This is not a Man in the High Castle), the Soviets fight in France and the Ardennes, everything is wrong. Japan to Europe? Fine.

PS. I really liked the Japanese faction icon
25 Feb 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:16 AMKatitof

OMFG who gives a fuck. reality is not important and you can also create new maps something they did for bot the wfa and brit updates ffs. stop failing so hard ans lose the smug arrogance like you know what's going to happen in the future.
25 Feb 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:16 AMKatitof

What's theater have to do with it? Throw some sand and palm trees around and BAM, pacific theater! Stop trying to act like having germans fighting next japanese on iwo jima, is a far shot from jacksons and comets rolling around stalingrad.

Let's be honest. The only reason we have OKW instead of italy or japan is because it was easier to reuse all the stuff they didn't use when making whermacht (and some stuff they did use).
25 Feb 2016, 09:22 AM

The only thing i could imagine (and would love to see) would be a kind of 'Foreign-Legion' for the axis with units from Italy, Vichy-France, Finland and maybe Romania. Would make for a nice and diverse faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 3
Germany 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %