Login

russian armor

Japanese faction??

27 Feb 2016, 05:04 AM

A Japanese faction would play similarly to Italy, only Italy has better kit and more importantly industrious fascist friends to the north.
27 Feb 2016, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

A Japanese faction would play similarly to Italy, only Italy has better kit and more importantly industrious fascist friends to the north.

But the Italians rack disciprine
27 Feb 2016, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:42 AMTüMe
Didint mean only u :luvDerp: never the less, this game DESERVES to have finns !

Yeah sure... Shooting t-34 with Bt-42 seems fun last if i remember correctly it took over 30 hits to make t-34 retreat with deafened crew....

I've been thinking that maybe a faction "axis minors" would be interesting. Faction would have only the most basic units (mainline infantry, pios/engirees etc) and when you pick doctrine i would just have bigger impact on the faction itself.

I could be interesting as doctrine pick would be taken immediately to have full unit composition. And doctrines would have to quite different for a faction like this.
27 Feb 2016, 08:14 AM

The Japanese do not need other countries that would be a full-fledged faction:
- The main tank (T-34-76 Sherman, Cromwell analogue) - check

- Antitank tank (Jackson analogue) - check

- self-propelled (artillery, antitank) - check

- Tank artillery support, armed 120-mm snub gun (brummbar analogue) - check

- armored personnel carriers - check

- Self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon - check

- Elite infantry (paratroopers, marine paratroopers, Marines) - check

- Wunderwaffe - check
27 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM

This is all so unnecessary. The picture was originally posted by /U/hauntedGrass. A known fake leaker who was the same one who posted that fake calvary commander. That's all you need to know to find out it's fake.

Since i didn't know where it came from (and tbh, i didn't know about hauntedgrass either), i had to make do with the tools i had at disposal. At least now we know for sure.
27 Feb 2016, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:51 AMDAZ187
man why cant people discuss in a civil manner. always BM and fighting :facepalm:

Welcome to internet bruuuuh
29 Feb 2016, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 02:44 AMKothre
I'd kill for a Japanese faction. I've been wanting one since the original CoH. I don't even care if they suck, honestly. I mostly want them for variety's sake and for atmospheric awesomeness (though for the record, I do think it would be possible to make them viable).
maybe in CoH 3 im so sick and tired of most ww2 games taking place in europe imo thats too simple...too obvious if i were relic i choose to go against the rules and try something different
29 Apr 2016, 04:10 AM

maybe in CoH 3 im so sick and tired of most ww2 games taking place in europe imo thats too simple...too obvious if i were relic i choose to go against the rules and try something different

I have to agree to you, in fact Japanese occupied a vast area in Asia during WW2, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippine, China, Burma, Siam etc... Cannot be denied that British and Dutch surrendered to Japanese in early stage.
It is fun to have a new fraction, especially Japan is the most suitable country for a new faction, they have their own air force, tankies, naval, even special force.....
Some says Japan weapons was outdated, you need to check out world of tanks.
Some says it is not balanced, come on, COH2 is a game, is Jagdtiger figthing Pershing in Stalingrad and Soviets fighting with OKW at Arnhem real considered balance?
29 Apr 2016, 16:34 PM

Well,i suppose its apropriate to post this here.

I have been working on a Japan faction mod for a little while now,and recently "completed" it,as in,its in a state that feels to me ready to fully play.

I have made the Japanese faction an underdog faction.Their late game is awful.They dont have heavy tanks,and their only medium is doctrinal.Instead,they focus on infantry and light vehicles.

You can find more info here if you are interested:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/51942/japanese-faction-mod
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 740
Russian Federation 38
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias