Login

russian armor

Commandos overnerfed

26 Feb 2016, 01:06 AM

I got 30 kills in like 10 minutes during a 2v2 with commandos last night, yes, from the "Up" commando regiment glider that I also used as a reinforce point

Still stronk as ever. Gammon is ridiculously good and the camo is nice.

Now They aren't auto win trololol Scottish IRA Captain Price, YUri, soap and friends like they were at release, but still very strong and definitely don't need buffs. We're so close to non-shit balance, let's not mess with stuff that's not in a bad spot

The problem is we don't know how they really perform, as their ambush bonus (+50% accuracy) is bugged:
- It has infinite duration
- But only applies to the entities that open fire first

Thus, their performance is very very inconsistent.

They will also feel a bit squishier this patch, as axis infantry gets to retain their accuracy vet.
26 Feb 2016, 01:29 AM

@Mr.Smith; keep up the good job man, educating stuff. So their inconsistent performance has something to do with bugs.

I got 30 kills in like 10 minutes during a 2v2

26 Feb 2016, 01:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The problem is we don't know how they really perform, as their ambush bonus (+50% accuracy) is bugged:
- It has infinite duration
- But only applies to the entities that open fire first

Thus, their performance is very very inconsistent.

They will also feel a bit squishier this patch, as axis infantry gets to retain their accuracy vet.

The best nade in the game combined with camo combo is so fucking op they really don't even really need guns
26 Feb 2016, 02:45 AM

The best nade in the game combined with camo combo is so fucking op they really don't even really need guns

Nerfing the gammon bomb down to other grenade's level and lowering the normal glider cost to 50 mp should be all the changes commandos need.
26 Feb 2016, 02:55 AM

Nerfing the gammon bomb down to other grenade's level and lowering the normal glider cost to 50 mp should be all the changes commandos need.

What's the point of doing this?

Personally I would much rather keep paying the 500MP price as I currently am paying when I use the glider commandos.

Brits already lack any sort of reliable garrison-clearing capability; do we really want to make the new premium commander the only real chance Brits have to clear garrisons/break a stalemate before tanks arrive?

That will oblige the Brits to invest too much in emplacements (only source of indirect fire) imo.

(Yes, the UC costs no fuel now; still costs 90MU, and its counters will be as available as ever).
26 Feb 2016, 02:57 AM

How about the remove their SMGs and just give them knives :D :D :D :D ;)
26 Feb 2016, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 02:57 AMAladdin
How about the remove their SMGs and just give them knives :D :D :D :D ;)

I am under impression that that was the original intention for commandos. That is why they sprint when in cover.
There also files for melee weapons in game (if I remember correctly).

But probably that would be difficult to implement since that would lead to to squ wiped with very little time to react or counter...
26 Feb 2016, 11:11 AM

What's the point of doing this?

Personally I would much rather keep paying the 500MP price as I currently am paying when I use the glider commandos.

Brits already lack any sort of reliable garrison-clearing capability; do we really want to make the new premium commander the only real chance Brits have to clear garrisons/break a stalemate before tanks arrive?

That will oblige the Brits to invest too much in emplacements (only source of indirect fire) imo.

(Yes, the UC costs no fuel now; still costs 90MU, and its counters will be as available as ever).

If I am going to give the british a reliable garrison cleaner, I wouldn't tie it to doctrines.
26 Feb 2016, 14:09 PM

I see.

I can understand that you must be clearly unhappy with how commandos behave in this game. However, I have a difficulty understanding:
- In what way do you object to the current unit's performance and 500MP price (everybody in this thread posted a different gripe for that unit)
- If you wanted commandos look more similar to another unit / combination of units, which units are these?
- Think about faction synergy. If commandos looked exactly like your favourite shock/stealth unit, would you EVER build them as Brits, or would you go for Mortar Pit & stall for Cromwell 100% of the time instead?

Just to make my position perfectly clear. I'm with the group of people that say:
- Just like other shock/stealth units, commandos have their advantages and disadvantages
- 500MP for current commandos is not a really bad deal at all
- The Ambush bug prevents me from having a clear view over their performance. I'm not sure whether 350 MP (Vanguard commandos) is OK or too low.
- (I didn't state this before) Infiltration Commandos + Light Gammon bomb immediately available = OP (should maybe come with initial cooldown)

Here's a list of units I consider commandos to compare to other shock/stealth units in the game. The list is not exhaustive. I am also not exhaustive at listing all advantages/disadvantages, but you get the general idea.

Partisans

Stormtroopers

Shock Troops

Fallschimjaggers

Commandos

10 Jun 2016, 13:48 PM

^I wouldn't change them, but their price was set at 500 MP for their early stats.

They got nerfed and so their price should be adjusted accordingly. You know, it was one of the usual half-assed balance attempts.

10 Jun 2016, 13:53 PM

Relic still hasn't fixed the commando ambush bonus. Thus, we can't say for sure how well/bad their SMGs perform on their role.

However, it is worrisome that other units (Falls, Obers, PGrens) are also getting access to the gammon bomb. These units have:
- Superior veterancy stats
- Guns that are great/decent at longer ranges
- Some even have cloak as well
- In some cases, cheaper to buy/reinforce

However: Say NO to power creep D:
10 Jun 2016, 14:13 PM

I also like using them to counter ostheer sniper since they can use their camo to sneak up close and wipe him
16 Jun 2016, 15:14 PM

Any thoughts on making them non-doctorinal?
16 Jun 2016, 15:42 PM

commando nades 1 shooting full HP buildings thats crap
16 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

Relic still hasn't fixed the commando ambush bonus. Thus, we can't say for sure how well/bad their SMGs perform on their role.

However, it is worrisome that other units (Falls, Obers, PGrens) are also getting access to the gammon bomb. These units have:
- Superior veterancy stats
- Guns that are great/decent at longer ranges
- Some even have cloak as well
- In some cases, cheaper to buy/reinforce

However: Say NO to power creep D:

Meanwhile Penal Satchel Charge is still crying in a corner.
16 Jun 2016, 16:00 PM

Eh, Commandos are odd to use. I think the problem is that their effectiveness (outside of being a light gammon bomb platform) is largely predicated on effective use of their camo. If you aren't using hold fire to set them for ambushes then they can be largely ineffective if you are trying to use them like Shock Troopers (they do feel rather squishy despite their .72 target size).

Personally I'd be happy with a slight nerf to gammon bombs if their SMGs were a bit better - I think that would make them a lot more consistent unit to use. Either that or tweaking their Vet somewhat: Can we PLEASE change their worthless Light Smoke Grenade.
16 Jun 2016, 16:14 PM
Donator 11

a buff brit thread? LOL
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment