Login

russian armor

Various exploity bugs

24 Feb 2016, 18:59 PM

1. AoE suppression does not apply correctly (only considers cover of targetted model; ignores cover of nearby units)

2. Panzerschrecks/Bazookas/PIATs act like supercharged shotguns in close combat (i.e., insane anti-infantry performance)

3. Firefly Tulip rockets insta-wipe garrisons

4. Stealthed JP4 gives cover to nearby units

5. Comet/Churchill crew grenades damage buildings

6. Demo charges deal double damage when exploding sympathetically (e.g., via external explosion) (oversight?)

7. UKF Commando Smoke raid & Gliders (visual bug?)

24 Feb 2016, 19:17 PM

Agree that most of these should be fixed. The demo charge thing however has been around for quite a while, so I'm pretty sure relic views it as intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAO_SnFERNE

24 Feb 2016, 20:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pretty sure 1. has always happened since CoH1, so I'd basically assume it's a bug in the engine. Could be wrong though!

I was also under the belief it ignored cover entirely for the AoE-suppressing squads, I'll have to try comparing sometime to prove this.
Only Relic postRelic 24 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Passing this along to designers to see what they say. Thanks
24 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Normally, when a squad is behind green cover, it should never get suppressed.

This is false. Even in green cover, squads take a small amount of suppression and will eventually be suppressed.
24 Feb 2016, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 22:20 PMYukiko

This is false. Even in green cover, squads take a small amount of suppression and will eventually be suppressed.

True. However, it will take several bursts for a squad in green cover to get suppressed. The bug I am describing makes suppression completely bypass green cover bonuses (and the squad will get PINNED on 3-4 bursts)
24 Feb 2016, 22:31 PM
Donator 11

Also one is that when a mg is suppressing first it only suppresses one model, the rest will continue to run at normal speed until a move order is given. This is why volks can usually just run up to the mg and throw a grenade. mg42 is a exception due to its high aoe suppression
24 Feb 2016, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 22:31 PMSirlami
Also one is that when a mg is suppressing first it only suppresses one model, the rest will continue to run at normal speed until a move order is given. This is why volks can usually just run up to the mg and throw a grenade. mg42 is a exception due to its high aoe suppression

That's a good catch.

Sometimes I give a command to throw a grenade to the MG, while I am well outside its field of fire. My squad will move forward until they lob the grenade (which they seem to do).

I can't say that I've really paid attention to that behaviour before, but now that you mention it..

24 Feb 2016, 22:50 PM

Oh yeah!

Another thing about Suppression AoE is that some MGs might inflict smaller amount of suppression on suppressed/pinned squads.

What this means:
- If you keep focusing fire on a suppressed squad other enemy squads in the vicinity will receive even less AoE suppression.

24 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM

This is really annoying, I'm surprised it hadn't been reported (that I've seen). I believe it was introduced in one of the last two or three patches (maybe around the British F. release).

6. Demo charges deal double damage when exploding sympathetically (e.g., via external explosion) (oversight?)

I believe somebody from Relic said it was intended design, but I really hope it was a misunderstanding, because it makes zero sense the way it is now.

Thanks for the finds, OP :)
24 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

4.)JP is not the only vehicles providing heavy cover all medium tanks provide heavy cover bonus as far as I know...
24 Feb 2016, 23:04 PM

He said "4. Stealthed JP4 gives cover to nearby units", and JP4 is the only tank to achieve this - which clearly shouldn't be the case. Something that is "phased out" like the JP4 shouldn't give cover.
24 Feb 2016, 23:14 PM

He said "4. Stealthed JP4 gives cover to nearby units", and JP4 is the only tank to achieve this - which clearly shouldn't be the case. Something that is "phased out" like the JP4 shouldn't give cover.

Don't you have anything better to do than claim that what I write is wrong, (while being wrong yourself)?

Meduim tanks tank provide heavy cover makes little sense that that a JP4 should lose that ability because it is stealthed...

Stealthed JP4 IS NOT the only only tank to achieve this Luch does exactly the same...

24 Feb 2016, 23:18 PM

Urgh, then argue with OP being wrong, not with me. I didn't say you were wrong, I simply did an addendum. You don't have to be that ungrateful as a reply. These people nowadays..
25 Feb 2016, 02:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

All right, tested what I thought, you're right Mr.Smith - the AoE suppression's definitely dependent on the main target's cover rather than ignoring cover entirely.
25 Feb 2016, 02:25 AM

Is this intended?

Everything is working as intended. Its a feature, not a bug /s

Good analyses. 4 and 7 shouldnt be very bothersome, as the trolling in 4 rarely occurs.
25 Feb 2016, 02:44 AM

I've been noting this for a long time. I've been amazed at how easy it is for infantry to walk up to mgs and throw any kind of nade. The trick is to not do the frenzied micro that's considered 'pro' and just let the game play itself.
25 Feb 2016, 03:27 AM
Patrion 28

this is true of all explosives afaik. the goliath actually has two explosions attached to it.
25 Feb 2016, 08:05 AM

Urgh, then argue with OP being wrong, not with me. I didn't say you were wrong, I simply did an addendum. You don't have to be that ungrateful as a reply. These people nowadays..

I can debate with Mr.Smith (OP) just fine and I did argue with him and pointed out to him that vehicles providing cover is a general feature not limited to the JP4 (cloaked or non cloaked) so we can leave OP out of it...

Your addition that "JP4 is the only tank to achieve this" is wrong as I already pointed out.

Your addition that "Something that is "phased out" like the JP4 shouldn't give cover." comes with no argument.

Adding a mechanism that removes cover and reintroduces it when unit is revealed rather complicates things with rather poor benefits.

Comments "like These people nowadays.." are not very helpful either...
25 Feb 2016, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 08:05 AMMyself

*snip*

Do you just want to argue word for word just for the sake of it? I could also easily go line by line about how "wrong" people are, but this approach is utter nonsense and isn't really the most social approach to a discussion, but you seem to enjoy doing this, so well done for that! :)

OP's argumentation about stealth and tanks:

This makes it possible for the enemy to guess the location of a JP4.

It also introduces immersion-breaking troll effects into the game, like the following:

I agree with Mr.Smith, it is immersion breaking, and kinda trolling - It does not require any more argumentation than that. In scenarios that involves stealthy enemy tanks and nearby enemy infantry, all the opposing player gets to see are infantry standing around but in green cover for no viable reason at first. Even if one guesses the location of JP4, it still cannot be hit due to the phasing out bug.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★