Login

russian armor

Why can't there be cross factional commanders? Ex. in thread

22 Feb 2016, 16:42 PM

Here's what I'm proposing: There should be commanders available that features interplay within your army. Here's an example for an Ostheer Commander:

OKW Anti-Infantry Support Commander - for Ostheer

0 CP - Sturmpioneer
2 CP - Medic Truck (can't build units, only reinforce and set up retreat point)
4 CP - Artillery Flares
6 CP - Luchs
14 CP - Sturmtiger

This type of commander shouldn't break any sort of balance because they're already in game except Ostheer is allowed to use these units/abilities within a doctrine. Here is another example:

UKF Urban Defense Commander - for USF

0 CP - Universal Carrier
0 CP - Flame-thrower upgrade for Rear Echelons
8 CP - Anti-Building Flame Mortar Support
8 CP - Centaur
14 CP - Crocodile

These commanders should add a new feel in each army and they definitely shouldn't be gamebreaking. Feel free to think of new ones - I have a lot of ideas.
22 Feb 2016, 16:45 PM

Mobile Defense and Lend Lease say hey
22 Feb 2016, 16:48 PM

Mobile Defense and Lend Lease say hey

Mobile defense only has the Puma and it doesn't really factor in as much as for example, a medic truck or artillery flares. It also has a majority Ostheer feel to it because of the Osttruppen and the Panzer IV. Lend-Lease gives you a different type of Sherman. How about another Lend Lease commander that allows you to call in a USF Sherman or a Stuart?
22 Feb 2016, 17:33 PM

I know, I was just being a dick.

Its an interesting idea for sure and it makes a lot of sense thematically since Axis are the same nation and the allies had a ton of lend-lease going on. From a gameplay point of view though, I feel it would take a lot of uniqueness from the factions and the US in particular didn't use much from their Allies.
22 Feb 2016, 17:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

So you want 3€ commanders which basically feature a couple of units from the other factions? :P

If I want to play with these units I pay the specific faction. Recycling units from other factions like the Ostwind and the Pak43 for OKW is kinda lazy in the first place if you ask me.
22 Feb 2016, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 17:48 PMluvnest
So you want 3€ commanders which basically feature a couple of units from the other factions? :P

If I want to play with these units I pay the specific faction. Recycling units from other factions like the Ostwind and the Pak43 for OKW is kinda lazy in the first place if you ask me.
It's lazy, yes, but it's interesting. It would be fun to use G43 equipped Volksgrenadiers for example. Takes care of sniper spammers against OKW or Soviets having acess to BARs for conscript squads.
Money doesn't really matter to me as CoH is the only game I really play.
22 Feb 2016, 18:56 PM

1. your commanders only have 3 call-ins.
everybody knows that a well rounded commander has at least 5 call-ins

2. make a mod and enjoy your features
23 Feb 2016, 03:45 AM

It takes away a part of a factions uniqueness, it is just call-ins of another factions units.
23 Feb 2016, 04:04 AM

It takes away a part of a factions uniqueness,

who cares about excessive faction uniqueness, that is what has plagued the balance for so long, huge divides between factions, making it difficult to find counters for units and mechanics,and resulting in what we have today, a somewhat balanced game now after the okw revamp.

And no, it does not even do that. Exception being fortifications possibly, depending on the person.
23 Feb 2016, 06:28 AM

CoH2 factions are specifically designed to be imbalanced at various stages of the game. I think that plays more of a factor than their uniqueness.
23 Feb 2016, 08:05 AM

Why?
23 Feb 2016, 08:54 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 17:48 PMluvnest

It's not cause you wouldn't pay for it, that other people don't want to pay for it. But I agree that a complete recycle would be kinda weird. Maybe a new commander with new abilities but with some units from other factions would be better. I actually think it's a cool idea to have certain commanders of other factions (Axis staying axis and allies staying allies of course).

To all the haters in this topic - it's not always about usability. For some of us, it's also about 'just fun to play' or to switch between commanders. A lot of players are comp stompers or offline players, so I think the more options you have available, the better for everyone. Specially if the commanders don't have such an impact so the balance remains unadjusted.
23 Feb 2016, 10:03 AM

I neither find the idea very good not very bad, but I'm sure it could mess up the balancing.

You could then also add a "Beutewaffen-Commander" (Captured weapons commander) which includes allied vehicles for the German armies.
23 Feb 2016, 10:10 AM

I neither find the idea very good not very bad, but I'm sure it could mess up the balancing.

You could then also add a "Beutewaffen-Commander" (Captured weapons commander) which includes allied vehicles for the German armies.

Give germans these T34s, let the fanboys know the pain :snfPeter:

In return soviet cons could get LMG42 or shrecks, so its hard to manage muni and feel muni starved as much as ost or OKW :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★