Login

russian armor

Raketen should become uncloaked when capping

Neo
24 Feb 2016, 10:31 AM

Yeah, it's the cloak + AT gun + retreat that's causing it to be problematic. Take any of those away and it's fine, imo.
24 Feb 2016, 10:57 AM

No cap when cloaked and no cloak outside of cover.

It's ridiculous seeing (or not seeing lol) raketens cloaked in the middle of a road ffs.
24 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

dunno why, ZIS-3 can do that, and any unit that has stealth
24 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

Invisibility on-the-move should be outright removed. This isn't a sci-fi game. Invisible tanks and multi-crew anti-tank rocket launchers with wheels is absurd.
24 Feb 2016, 11:44 AM

Invisibility on-the-move should be outright removed. This isn't a sci-fi game. Invisible tanks and multi-crew anti-tank rocket launchers with wheels is absurd.

This isnt a realistic game aswell, just inmersive or something like that
24 Feb 2016, 11:47 AM

This isnt a realistic game aswell, just inmersive or something like that

Exatcly, and tanks or launchers going invisible e.g. after firing breakes that immersion.
Even what Neo is saying is breaking the immersion: Rocket launchers used for infiltration capping...
24 Feb 2016, 11:52 AM

dunno why, ZIS-3 can do that, and any unit that has stealth

ZiS-3 is extremely slowed when camoed, and still has that bug of revealing itself to the enemy when the supporting infantry shoot upon them :snfPeter:
24 Feb 2016, 12:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In vCoH every cloaked unit should disable cloak for point capture. I think this decision can be used in CoH 2
24 Feb 2016, 13:26 PM

Not sure if possible, capping isn't an action in coh2, how the system does the difference between capping or moving around when you enter the circle?

The only option I see is applying the same logic as Sov Vet1 for tanks, a capping ability.
24 Feb 2016, 13:36 PM

No cloak while moving for Raketen. Other is fine
24 Feb 2016, 13:38 PM

All support weapon should simply cap slower...
24 Feb 2016, 13:53 PM

wow... i see the army of rakketens used for capping.

Seriously.. who cares?! Whos gonna sneak a single rakketen behind enemy lines to cap?
24 Feb 2016, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 13:53 PMRiCE
wow... i see the army of rakketens used for capping.

Seriously.. who cares?! Whos gonna sneak a single rakketen behind enemy lines to cap?

This actually happens often, where good players will use cloaked Raketen to capture a contested point under the guard of HMGs or emplacements. Remember it moves at full speed at vet1 while cloaked.
A spotter unit is then needed to run up to the point and find the cloaked raketen which might not be possible if german guns are also covering the point.

Technicaly snipers can do the same but require some form of cover at the contested point to remain concealed and using a sniper certainly involves more risk.
Neo
24 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

This actually happens often, where good players will use cloaked Raketen to capture a contested point under the guard of HMGs or emplacements as a spotter is needed to run up to the point and find the cloaked racketen which might not be possible if german guns are also covering the point.

Technically snipers could do the same but require cover at the point and is most certainly involves more risk.

Well said.
24 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

For me all units who can be cloak should be force to uncloak to cap point like sniper in CoH 1.
24 Feb 2016, 20:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 09:54 AMnee
Don't Racketens move like molasses when stealthed too?

Anyways I do think cloaked should remove, or at least reduce, capping. But I do think similar logic should apply to other stealthed units like snipers.

Not when vet1.
24 Feb 2016, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 16:17 PMtenid
Fully agree that it's stupid.

I'd suggest an alternative though - make it so that they have no capping power while cloaked. That way they'd have to decloak to cap or defend against being capped and you'd have less accidental uncloaking for the player.

It should be ANY cloaked unit can only cap while uncloaked. Price & risk you pay to cap.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 03:44 AMGumboot
They are a very odd unit.

I don't know if they should remain cloaked in enemy territory. I have sent 3 of them cloaked in a pack hunting for repairing tanks to very good effect. They are slow but 3 cloaked pack a punch on any damaged tanks and only counter is to not repair a tank anywhere outside of base.

Pop cover fire and retreat for free tank kills.

I've always disliked the free retreat that AT gun gets. Why can't the similar sized Pak Howie get that???

24 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

Should be visible when moving and capping. At current state is just like the vcoh snipers,just turn cloke on and roam freely around the map which is pritty silly
25 Feb 2016, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 13:26 PMEsxile
Not sure if possible, capping isn't an action in coh2, how the system does the difference between capping or moving around when you enter the circle?

The only option I see is applying the same logic as Sov Vet1 for tanks, a capping ability.

actually i think it should be quite easy, remember if a point being captured, you can see the enemy in the capture zone? just add stealth detection on it same ability from the Light armor have, problem solved.
25 Feb 2016, 04:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 21:09 PMGhostTX

It should be ANY cloaked unit can only cap while uncloaked. Price & risk you pay to cap.

I've always disliked the free retreat that AT gun gets. Why can't the similar sized Pak Howie get that???

Because Pack Howis can't get suppressed.

That's about it though, swear the damn things are squishier than AT guns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★