Login

russian armor

HTinfrared need a cooldown

22 Feb 2016, 15:21 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

In the video you can see the easy harassment HTinfrared and HTstuka to reach opponent's base.
This is not new, it is something common in 3v3/4v4, if not arrive at the base, the user is gained positions until victory.

-HTinfrared has barely micro, it is to place the vehicle and auto-recon
-Have him on the field, the user and his teammate did not need any spending flares or air recon.
-For this it is necessary for these ability add a cooldown, not to allow to have a 100% usage.
-He needs a button as the valentine to block the vehicle.

suggestions

-Add button HTinfrared as Valentine lock the vehicle
-Changue to two or three moves with the laser infrared and add cooldown to ability (90seconds or whatever to Valentine/HTinfrared)
22 Feb 2016, 15:24 PM

No, it is fine, thanks.
22 Feb 2016, 15:46 PM

Banned
It's fine in 1v1 yes, but it ain't fine in 2v2 and up as there you can easily spend the extra fuel and MP without getting on the back foot.
So yes, this really needs a change. This map hack is super annoying and requires no skill and no other tech choice. It's there and you can use it all the time.

My suggestion is have it sweep from the left to right, right to the left and make it cool down.
After a few minutes, you can press a button to sweep again, L-R, R-L and cool down again.
22 Feb 2016, 15:51 PM

I said that months ago.
Like scan for 20sec, then 30sec cooldown, or something like that.
Opposite to recon planes it can't be shot down, does not need ammo and it costs not that much.
Must have unit in 2v2.

I had tons 2v2 games where I tried to flank with Shermans/T34s.
Went across the whole map so they did not see me and boom, Panthers were there always :foreveralone:
22 Feb 2016, 16:20 PM

I agree with the cooldown button. However it must also be accompanied by deleting the effect that your unit is being scanned. I get that you could see planes scouting your unit, but how on earth do you know your unit is being scanned with infrared sensors?

22 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 16:20 PMDebtCo
I agree with the cooldown button. However it must also be accompanied by deleting the effect that your unit is being scanned. I get that you could see planes scouting your unit, but how on earth do you know your unit is being scanned with infrared sensors?

I dont see why being the only faction with munition free scouting would require it being done unknown to the opponent. Strong as it is, you know a recon plane is above you so you should know your being scanned as a mechanic not a historical point . Which is why it currently works thst way.
22 Feb 2016, 18:59 PM

I suppose the population cost could be removed, and a gun attached to it then? (tongue-in-cheek)
22 Feb 2016, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have more problems with the unit been bugged since release and spotting things permanently through FoW and out of range on minimap/tactical map.
22 Feb 2016, 20:45 PM

I agree. Especially when Axis has other methods of scouting (camouflage units) at their disposal, having a "risk free" scouting unit is just too much.
22 Feb 2016, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 20:45 PMGhostTX
I agree. Especially when Axis has other methods of scouting (camouflage units) at their disposal, having a "risk free" scouting unit is just too much.

Do consider that the OKW has only ONE scouting call-in, the Flare in one doctrine. Wher is the one with multiple Air Recons and you might not always be paired with them.

I dont see why being the only faction with munition free scouting would require it being done unknown to the opponent. Strong as it is, you know a recon plane is above you so you should know your being scanned as a mechanic not a historical point . Which is why it currently works thst way.

The Brits have free repeatable Air Recon on their Command Vehicle(one time buy like the Infared HT) so this isn't a one faction thing.

I could see raising its fuel cost to 15-20 so it is at least a little more investment needed or maybe slow down its infared sweep so you can time it and dodge it(isn't there a mission in Ardennes Assault where you have to maneuver past a bunch of these things?). If you make it a cooldown ability then it needs to either be free with a short timer, cost munitions but be undetectable, or cost munitions and give it a weapon/ability to reinforce squads. I do think though it would be neat to slow down its sweep to slightly slower then infantry charge speed so you can walk past it with proper timing.
22 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

as long as there are free recon planes for brits, pls lock this thread
22 Feb 2016, 21:52 PM

People hardly use them....
22 Feb 2016, 22:04 PM

22 Feb 2016, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 15:21 PMcapiqua

In the video you can see the easy harassment HTinfrared and HTstuka to reach opponent's base.
This is not new, it is something common in 3v3/4v4, if not arrive at the base, the user is gained positions until victory.

-HTinfrared has barely micro, it is to place the vehicle and auto-recon
-Have him on the field, the user and his teammate did not need any spending flares or air recon.
-For this it is necessary for these ability add a cooldown, not to allow to have a 100% usage.
-He needs a button as the valentine to block the vehicle.

suggestions

-Add button HTinfrared as Valentine lock the vehicle
-Changue to two or three moves with the laser infrared and add cooldown to ability (90seconds or whatever to Valentine/HTinfrared)

+1 and the cost is way to low..
22 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

Do consider that the OKW has only ONE scouting call-in, the Flare in one doctrine. Wher is the one with multiple Air Recons and you might not always be paired with them.

The Brits have free repeatable Air Recon on their Command Vehicle(one time buy like the Infared HT) so this isn't a one faction thing.

I could see raising its fuel cost to 15-20 so it is at least a little more investment needed or maybe slow down its infared sweep so you can time it and dodge it(isn't there a mission in Ardennes Assault where you have to maneuver past a bunch of these things?). If you make it a cooldown ability then it needs to either be free with a short timer, cost munitions but be undetectable, or cost munitions and give it a weapon/ability to reinforce squads. I do think though it would be neat to slow down its sweep to slightly slower then infantry charge speed so you can walk past it with proper timing.

Who needs call-ins? Camouflaged Raketen? Camouflaged sniper? As I was alluding to, using those units to scout involves risks. Air recon has risk (being able to be shot down). Using the IR HT has zero risks. Park it in the back and rain Stukas/Paznerwerfens to your hearts content. Don't need to concern yourself of where the Allies last were, it's ALWAYS scanning. Meanwhile, Allies should smartly always keep their units moving or out of range of the IR HT since they don't know when the arty will come. Micro, micro, micro while Axis Zzzzz's without risk.
22 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

as long as there are free recon planes for brits, pls lock this thread

Another terrible comment.

This is the equivalent of saying, because riflemen are OP, all mainline infantry need to be at the same level as them. If that's not happening, forget it. INSTEAD, people should be looking at the unit nerf individually. Stop going off topic.

Oh btw, it's not "free". There is a one time muni cost.
22 Feb 2016, 23:01 PM

IR ht also reveals hidden units, much skill, wow
22 Feb 2016, 23:05 PM

I'd more like to see the IRHT get a 50-100 ammo upgrade to get it's permanent scanning. And I do think the speed of the scanning should be lowered. 25% would be good.
23 Feb 2016, 03:40 AM

The command vehicle is pretty powerful, but it has a muni cost ontoo of the vehicle cost AND a debuff to its speed and combat ability (although thats made up by also giving a buff iirc)
I too wouldnt mind if it was a muni ability that was undetectable (this would probably be the best as its a reorganization of assets vs a Nerf and the new found okw resources need an outlet and sneaky beaky recon would be a very "super neat axis elite" type ability imo..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★