Login

russian armor

about soviet t1

22 Feb 2016, 09:50 AM

Snipers suck
They used to be viable with exploity sprint. Now they are just meh.
Camo is shit and the spotter guy seems to ruin the camo too many times.

I wouldnt be against copying german sniper to soviets, only keeping slower ROF.

M3 sucks ass, shreks arrive so fast, dont even talk about Raketenwerfers.

One faust + MG42 fire = dead m3 / two fausts

And M3 costs 15 fuel, waste of fuel. Even Bren carrier is fuel free now lol. Better rush T70.

Penals suck for sure, dont know about vet bonuses what changes. But they sucked before veterancy wasnt broken.

Id like to see them long range squad with flamethrower for close combat.
22 Feb 2016, 10:24 AM

Banned
Penals need to be nerfed immediately as they are currently way to strong.

22 Feb 2016, 11:04 AM

I noticed that I could win from someone or give him so much pain in the ass that I can only say that going t1 as soviets is stupid.
22 Feb 2016, 11:36 AM

I wish one model sniper for the soviets. With the same reload time than the ostheer. Soviet snipers are so bad.
22 Feb 2016, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 01:31 AMGumboot
Could combine the AT grenade unlock to both penals and conscripts so the AT option is there and reduce the fuel cost of the building slightly to promote T1 and T2 tech.

Agreed with AT nades, disagree with fuel cost - it's already 10 fuel on t1. T1 and T2 should be less in mp cost to make it work.

Sov 390 mp from start - t1 and t2 cost 160 mp
Wehr 420 mp from start - t1 80 mp cost
22 Feb 2016, 12:07 PM

they are going to fix/buff the penal satchel, which just bump them back to their previous level of useless.

the satchel should cause damaged engine at 75% hp and destroyed engine at 50 % hp. It would make the penal useful against the axis heavy. Penal would be a high risk high reward unit that can use its satchel to cripple tanks like the king tank or jagdtiger.

the svt-40 themselves should also be more accurate at long range.

even the conscript are better at long range than the penals.
22 Feb 2016, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Soviet sniper is fine. It's the Ostheer sniper that does too well.

I would actually like to see all snipers be 2 man squads with low health. That way you actually get some MP drain if you get flanked instead of getting away with 2hp and 0mp loss.

It's more plausible to get the SU sniper bring up to their level than moving the performance of both OH or UKF sniper down.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 05:36 AMTobis
Pls no.

They are already pretty strong, just in a crappy tier building. Giving them 82 health like the one man squads will make them ridiculous. They already cannot be counter sniped effectively, their primary counter is indirect.

I'll prefer it been a 1 man sniper with slower RoF, but it seems the "soul of the unit" is to be a 2 man squad. Something i forgot to mention, is that i also want the spotter to get the weapon disabled.

Luvnest words.
Actually I kinda wanna disagree. I tried T1 with a sniper to countersnipe devm's sniper in OCF. The Soviet sniper team is extremely clumsy. The moment it steps out of cover it decloaks meanwhile its Ostheer counterpart can walk from one side of the map to another while beeing camouflaged. This means that the Soviet sniper is only able to countersnipe once you pushed your opponent back and set up an ambush. Which is rarely happening since you are short on infantry (maybe 2,3 cons against MG42, 3 Grens, Sniper) and give up a lot of early map control which you would have with a 3 Con T2 opening. Plus the danger of a 222 forces you to either pick a doctrine for guards or T2 for AT gun. If you just go AT nades you will be pushed back eventually.

I really wish that Soviet sniper was just one guy with decent camouflage for manouvering. Plus the spotter is super awkward since he shoots sometimes by himself, revealing the other sniper too. Good players can deal with Soviet sniper quite well to be honest.
22 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

they are going to fix/buff the penal satchel, which just bump them back to their previous level of useless.

the satchel should cause damaged engine at 75% hp and destroyed engine at 50 % hp. It would make the penal useful against the axis heavy. Penal would be a high risk high reward unit that can use its satchel to cripple tanks like the king tank or jagdtiger.

Agreed, actually. If a vehicle manages to sit on a satchel long enough, they deserve to get at least a damaged engine.
22 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

Move the mortar to T1 and the Scout Car at T2 and you'll solve the problem.
23 Feb 2016, 01:04 AM

I think that'd weaken T2 more than it would strengthen T1. But T1 would be for Ostheer, T2 for OKW. I guess that'd be better than T2 for Axis, T1 for trololol.
23 Feb 2016, 01:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 10:24 AMTEKOA
Penals need to be nerfed immediately as they are currently way to strong.

Ok folks, ummmm. the..there's...I have to apologize.
23 Feb 2016, 08:16 AM

Banned

Ok folks, ummmm. the..there's...I have to apologize.

No problem. We can all make mistakes.. :romeoPls:

15 Mar 2016, 08:51 AM

T1 need anti-vehicle option.
15 Mar 2016, 08:57 AM

T1 doesn't need AT option, T1 needs penal buff and M-42 needs to be buffed to usefulness or have its cost reduced to 120-140 and CP to 1.
15 Mar 2016, 11:24 AM
Donator 11

I agree that penals need some love.
15 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM

Replace Soviet Sniper with one man/woman with same camouflage mechanics as the other snipers. Can keep the slower ROF to account for nuggets versus superior G43s.

To compensate for this massive buff, the male model is replaced with voice-overs by Jude Law and the female model is replaced with voice-overs by Rachel Weisz. Players will have to put up with ridiculously out-of-place English accents when they play as Soviet.
15 Mar 2016, 11:54 AM

Replace Soviet Sniper with one man/woman with same camouflage mechanics as the other snipers. Can keep the slower ROF to account for nuggets versus superior G43s.

Aaaaaactually, Mosins were superior to G43s and wehr snipers preferred Kar.98s to G43s.
Plus it makes no sense when BOYS AT rife reloads faster and is on a sniper as well.

If soviet sniper was to become 1 man, his sniping ability would have to be superior to both ost and UKF snipers.

Why?

Because soviet sniper doesn't have anything close to the combat utility of critical shot or incendiary squadwipe shot.

But that won't happen, so you can theorycraft all you want.
15 Mar 2016, 13:09 PM

My 2 cents:

The scout car needs one or more of (in order of my preference):
- much better acceleration. Now that flamecars don't instawipe retreating units the SC needs much better agility in order to have any chance of surviving to be used as a spotter in mid- late- game.
- a bit of extra health (NOT armor)
- fuel reduction
(also, I remember reading that the rear MG has a higher DPS than the frontal one which makes no sense)

Soviet sniper team - increasing the ROF would be devastating against Ostheer, so maybe a buff to 60 or 80hp/model (so it actually has a survivability advantage over the Ost sniper) or simply change the camo so it lasts for a bit out of cover.

Penals are okayish but they need to perform better vs infantry if they keep their dedicated AI role. Maybe a better long range profile (which soviets lack, apart from guards), a received acc. buff or both.
15 Mar 2016, 13:38 PM

Give Penals -29% rec. acc. at vet 2. Fixed. If still to small buff, another -10% rec. acc at vet 3 but I guess 029 is enough.

And I'd love to get M-42 in T1 as a non-doc soft AT gun. With it, T1 starts would simply explode.
Give KV2 in exchange to defensive and urban tactics.
15 Mar 2016, 13:52 PM

And I'd love to get M-42 in T1 as a non-doc soft AT gun. With it, T1 starts would simply explode.
Give KV2 in exchange to defensive and urban tactics.

Makes too much sense, won't happen.

I also like how MG-42 at vet1 is better AT weapon then M-42.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★