Login

russian armor

Patch as a trick to sell commanders?

22 Feb 2016, 16:22 PM

Yeah sure, kid. Probably in your world only allies can have usefull light armor :foreveralone: Here is the thing, 222 cant stay toe-to-toe with ANYTHING but M20 and M8. Cant it stay toe-to-toe vs Stuart, AEC, T70, American AA HT ? No, it can't. You have to stay close to them, and shoot right in the rear armor to be able to kill it with 222.

Cheapest of them costs 133% of 222 cost.
I don't see T34 owning panthers. Why 222 should own vehicles that cost 4-5 times as much fuel.
Penetration of 222 is constant at all ranges. At 40 it penetrates just as good as at 1 with pretty much perfect accuracy against other lights. This means the further you are, the better you perform, because opponents can miss and you can't.

You cant beat this tanks if they are full HP and your 222 is full HP even if you shoot them into rear armor.

Again, you can't beat Panther with single T34.
What makes you believe single 222 should have any shadow of a chance against 70 fuel units?

OP lives in his own world, but you're not really any better here. You'd posted more, you'd be his polar opposite, just like you were on official forums.
22 Feb 2016, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 16:22 PMKatitof

What makes you believe single 222 should have any shadow of a chance against 70 fuel units?

OP lives in his own world, but you're not really any better here. You'd posted more, you'd be his polar opposite, just like you were on official forums.

Less BS pls. T34 can finish low HP panther if you shoot it into rear armor. Penetration chance is not huge but its aswell its not zero. Far from zero. By your logic T34 shouldn't even has a chance to penetrate it? Same with 222, it can finish your light armor if you let it get from the rear and you have no support to prevent 222 from doing so.

Also Kitkat, you shouldn't really use personal attacks on someone, because you are kind of person who already become "meme" of guy who never play a game, but thinks that he is best expert of the game :foreveralone: I mean, find me a single person (except some mature fanboys, like yourself) who will take you seriosly?
aaa
23 Feb 2016, 05:45 AM

... get guards.

now with leig fix guards are good vs only OKW. They are not viable in other mutchup because of sniper. In general this unit is strongest unit in the game by far. Week 8 finals g3 - 43 kills including sniper before it was killed cuz of poor protection only. Just randomly killed.
The probem is that nothing kills well used sniper. Nothing reveals it even.

Btw my bad its not a trick to sell comanders but that sniper+222 combo is really strong now even.
23 Feb 2016, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 05:45 AMaaa

now with leig fix guards are good vs only OKW. They are not viable in other mutchup because of sniper. In general this unit is strongest unit in the game by far. Week 8 finals g3 - 43 kills including sniper before it was killed cuz of poor protection only. Just randomly killed.
The probem is that nothing kills well used sniper. Nothing reveals it even.

Btw my bad its not a trick to sell comanders but that sniper+222 combo is really strong now even.

Soviets have many counters to sniper. Mortar is a soft counter, flanking is a soft counter, tanks are soft counter, aggressive mines can be a counter. The only hard counters tho are scout car which dies to fast after 5 minutes and soviet sniper. T1 is weak so ppl don't get sniper for counter snipe. I think soviets have the least amount of problems with dealing with sniper + 222 combo because they have everything they need to counter it and large squad sizes.

And yes guards are awesome.
aaa
23 Feb 2016, 06:55 AM

Week ago there was a tournament game betweeen top players.
Dont remember names.
Double soviet mortar did absilutely nothing to double sniper. And axis player won without any counterplay.
T70 obs mod to reveal sniper would be balanced.
23 Feb 2016, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 16:22 PMKatitof

Cheapest of them costs 133% of 222 cost.
I don't see T34 owning panthers. Why 222 should own vehicles that cost 4-5 times as much fuel.
Penetration of 222 is constant at all ranges. At 40 it penetrates just as good as at 1 with pretty much perfect accuracy against other lights. This means the further you are, the better you perform, because opponents can miss and you can't.

Please remember that relic is making 222 a counter to light vehicles. It costs less because it sucks against infantry which is where other more expensive counter parts excel. Its like saying guards ptrs are too good against puma because it kills way more fuel expensive unit and costs less.

The 222 is gonna be a problem that the allies will have to deal with. The only faction that'll really have a hard time is the British but that's only due to lack of snare.
23 Feb 2016, 06:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 06:55 AMaaa
Week ago there was a tournament game betweeen top players.
Dont remember names.
Double soviet mortar did absilutely nothing to double sniper. And axis player won without any counterplay.

Again, the problem isn't the German sniper, its the lack of counter to the sniper which the player chose. He could have got his own sniper to counter snipe.
aaa
23 Feb 2016, 07:18 AM

Would like sov sniper be at least like brit one. Slow shooting 1 model but with normal cloak
23 Feb 2016, 07:59 AM

Please remember that relic is making 222 a counter to light vehicles. It costs less because it sucks against infantry which is where other more expensive counter parts excel. Its like saying guards ptrs are too good against puma because it kills way more fuel expensive unit and costs less.

The 222 is gonna be a problem that the allies will have to deal with. The only faction that'll really have a hard time is the British but that's only due to lack of snare.

I know what relic is trying to do with the unit.

I believe its completely wrong.
At this point, simply adding Puma and locking it behind side tech in T2 makes more sense to me then plain 222 hp buff, because yes, it does make it stand up to lights, but it also tremendously imbalances its cost effectiveness, resulting in underpriced unit.

222 never needed to be a light tank, this thing was tiny and thin.
All it needed was improved accuracy against infantry and thats it.

Your comparison isn't really accurate either as you're cmparing apples to oranges(inf to vehicles).

2x 222s will be able to stand up to any light in game.
That is 30 fuel being able to fend off or beat 40-70 fuel easily(yes, HP makes that much of a difference, before 2x222 vs M15 was match in favor of M15 but it was still possible to beat M15, now M15 will be shredded).

I don't mind 222 being buffed, I love the unit since coh1, love to use it and want it to be valid choice, but what relic does here makes completely no sense, this is equally stupid like giving T34/76 960 hp all of sudden, because soviet stock tanks don't stand any chance vs OKW armor.

Its a knee jerk change that puts a band aid on a tumor.
This change only proves that relic have no slightest idea how to solve vcoh2 factions problems vs WFA factions. For AT it might have similar impact as the AEC AOE change and will likely result in 222 cost increase in the following patch. I don't believe I need to explain why, there are at least some people who aren't that insane to believe 15 fuel units standing up to 70 fuel ones is balanced in any way, shape or form.

Its quite likely that I'll be equally angry at relic changes to soviets which we're supposed to be getting in next patch(not feb 25 one obviously).

Less BS pls. T34 can finish low HP panther if you shoot it into rear armor. Penetration chance is not huge but its aswell its not zero. Far from zero. By your logic T34 shouldn't even has a chance to penetrate it? Same with 222, it can finish your light armor if you let it get from the rear and you have no support to prevent 222 from doing so.

You've completely lost it, haven't you? :foreveralone:
Grasping at straws so hard, you make even less sense then aaa in this post.
23 Feb 2016, 17:39 PM

What I'm saying is that they are making the 222 similar to a puma. Good against light vehicles but not against infantry. You are arguing that the 222 is too good against more expensive vehicles. Thats because these vehicles are all-purpose, AI and AT units not just AT like the 222 is.

I think the new 222 will be balanced. Its cheap but hardly a shock unit like other light tanks and vehicles.
23 Feb 2016, 18:05 PM
Patrion 310

TL;DR
Every time you post something stupid. God kills a kitten. Every time you reply to a stupid post. God kills two kittens. Please think before posting.

Donate what you can to the COH2 relief efforts, Kitten Rescue 1000
23 Feb 2016, 18:28 PM

TL;DR
Every time you post something stupid. God kills a kitten. Every time you reply to a stupid post. God kills two kittens. Please think before posting.

Donate what you can to the COH2 relief efforts, Kitten Rescue 1000

I guess god just killed two kittens :snfBarton:
aaa
23 Feb 2016, 19:33 PM

Maybe it good to
1. Make t70 reveal sniper in recon mod
2. Make sov sniper have the same camo\hp 1 model as others at the cost of lowering farerate. But first shot he must take as fast.
3. Make camo on the move as purshaseable upgrade to all. To avoid bold sniper abuse early vs non sniper openings

To those who say dealing with current axis sniper is l2p issue. Watch top1 player with all facs lost 43 units to it including own sniper. Who was killed purely cuz it shots slower.

23 Feb 2016, 22:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Again, the problem isn't the German sniper, its the lack of counter to the sniper which the player chose. He could have got his own sniper to counter snipe.

Until they give some camo time after leaving cover, fix spotter shooting, soviet sniper is not a reliable way to deal with OH sniper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★