Login

russian armor

Good rejected things in CoH 2

11 Jun 2016, 21:40 PM

I am pretty sure that at least all Ostheer vehicles can be hulled down.
IMO Relic created the commander's abilities without even knowing which one will be in which commander in the final game so they probably just made a function that hulls down the area around the targeted object.
For example Soviets had a commander with ISU + IS2 + Bombing run in the Alpha (I think it is also posted in this thread).

I am actually a bit irritated why Allied vehicles can't be hulled down. I'm gonna test that one later.

Agreed, I'd love to have hull down back for the Brits.
12 Jun 2016, 00:15 AM

Oh here's another one I just remembered. USF's base has 4 racks, only 3 are usable. The 4th is actually called aef_weapon_rack_m1c_garand. This implies the Pathfinder's Marksman Rifle was once intended to be an optional squad upgrade like the BAR, Bazooka, and M1919.

I kinda wish they kept it that way, but who knows how that would effect balance. Definitely would be more accurate to US Sniper Doctrine though.
19 Jun 2016, 20:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello CoH2.org! I need you support like never before!
1 week ago i opened thread on community.companyofheroes.com and request Relic to change icons of units and commanders (some examples you can find in this thread on previous pages) for East faction for better ones and request to change button-icons for some doctrine units to standardize them with others (Like KV-8, DSHK-38, Artillery officer or M-42). I have got some support from members of community.companyofheroes.com, but it's not enough. Relic left it without any answer.
That's why i need your support! Everyone, who want to see updated icons for east faction and support this idea - vote me up on https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241935/dear-relic-bring-back-icons-for-ussr-and-wehrmacht-from-pre-release
Maybe after that Kyle will give official comment about this idea. Thank you for your attention and (maybe) support!
19 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

Oh here's another one I just remembered. USF's base has 4 racks, only 3 are usable. The 4th is actually called aef_weapon_rack_m1c_garand. This implies the Pathfinder's Marksman Rifle was once intended to be an optional squad upgrade like the BAR, Bazooka, and M1919.

I kinda wish they kept it that way, but who knows how that would effect balance. Definitely would be more accurate to US Sniper Doctrine though.

Rear echelons and assault engineers with scoped rifles makes no sense :(
19 Jun 2016, 23:41 PM
Patrion 14

rifle man smoke was stock no?
20 Jun 2016, 00:22 AM

When THQ died they dropped a lot of stuff in coh2's design. Really really sad..
20 Jun 2016, 00:43 AM

I really liked the alpha aesthetics, symbols, and general feel of the game. Some more alpha images.

Is2 in game with the isu-is2- allied warmachine copy ability (note the map too, it somewhat resembles a now present 3v3 map, but it seems to be a older version of Rhzev)

A good look at the old overlay..

Here another one of the overlay, with what I assume were the three original soviet commanders, before they went all DLC.. (you can also see the t2 had a different design back then, barbed wire and spikes around it!)

I also remember, from aplha that is, that Elefant and if I am correct even the Tiger tank were buildable from the HQ or T4 buildings. But they somehow changed them and said it didn´t work that well. I believe they changed it because they had to scramble commanders to sell for sega..

ps. I also remember the ISU152 being named the Beastkiller and Beastkiller alone.
20 Jun 2016, 00:52 AM

I also remember, from aplha that is, that Elefant and if I am correct even the Tiger tank were buildable from the HQ or T4 buildings. But they somehow changed them and said it didn´t work that well. I believe they changed it because they had to scramble commanders to sell for sega.
Tiger was always doctrinal and elephant was in T4. It was changed because it was OP and really unfair, especially since back then Ostheer had a really big late advantage. Like if you weren't winning before the first P4 hit odds were you weren't going to win.
7 Dec 2016, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 18:57 PMJaedrik
The only thing I'd love to see return here is the ability for tanks to pull things.

AND BY THINGS I mean stuff like PaK43, ML-20s PogChamp Kreygasm
Because sometimes like eedeot I build too far back and then have popcap tied up in a useless emplacement. I want high risk way to transport them, and this provides the perfect avenue.

Wait, this was a FEATURE?!
7 Dec 2016, 00:33 AM
Donator 11

Wait, this was a FEATURE?!

It was tested once. But it was never polished, it's hard to do it well enough for coh detail level. Never seen it done correctly in a video game, for example in blitzkrieg it happened to mess up phisics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★