Login

russian armor

FEBRUARY 25TH UPDATE - RELEASE NOTES

PAGES (13)down
22 Feb 2016, 11:33 AM

I'd like to know what exactly is Relic planning to do with the US ability to decrew vehicles, because it really seems like they haven't thought through how the ability is supposed to work or be of benefit outside of single-player, and are slowly removing it from the m.p. game.

Is decrewing the priest still allowed? Because this would be inconsistent with Relic preventing decrewing of the calliope for cooldown reasons.
22 Feb 2016, 12:28 PM

Is decrewing the priest still allowed? Because this would be inconsistent with Relic preventing decrewing of the calliope for cooldown reasons.

Nothing about WFA armies is consistent in any way, shape or form.
22 Feb 2016, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 12:28 PMKatitof

Nothing about WFA armies is consistent in any way, shape or form.

You meant nothing in this game is consistent in any way, shape or form :snfPeter:

No wait trip wire flares :snfPeter:
22 Feb 2016, 12:41 PM

You meant nothing in this game is consistent in any way, shape or form :snfPeter:

It's almost as if Relic is just nerfing/buffing random things depending on what the community whines most about, instead of having some sort of coherent grand plan.

"We are reducing the amount of rockets fired per barrage to help reduce potential squad deaths."

EmpireErwinRommel pointed this out but I feel it's worth saying again - isn't this THE WHOLE POINT of rocket artillery, to inflict potential squad deaths? And the main reason it would be nerfed (as the most effective allied rocket arty), would be to allow the volk blob of doom to continue spreading the doom.
23 Feb 2016, 00:16 AM
Patrion 14

EmpireErwinRommel pointed this out but I feel it's worth saying again - isn't this THE WHOLE POINT of rocket artillery, to inflict potential squad deaths? And the main reason it would be nerfed (as the most effective allied rocket arty), would be to allow the volk blob of doom to continue spreading the doom.
The whole point of a ZiS is to kill tanks but it doesn't mean it should oneshot a Jagdtiger. Efficiency is what matters here - calliope is simply too good at saturating a too large area for a long time (and, unlike Katyusha, its first barrage has a lot of rockets and can kill squads on its own). This does not kill only Volks blobs but also set up weapon teams, tanks repairing at the repair station, and any vehicles that dare to stand in that general area.

Volk mass is a problem, no doubt about it, and you will never see me arguing against blob counters. But you do not solve a problem with overperforming cheese unit by giving the other side an overperforming cheese unit (what ever could go wrong with THAT approach, I wonder?).
23 Feb 2016, 00:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No wait trip wire flares :snfPeter:

You can count on them like you can count on Osttruppen
AVA
23 Feb 2016, 05:08 AM

Is the USF really not getting any love?
Calliope nerf is fine, but why no LT tier changes..

Same for OKW.. I expected buffs/nerfs or another rework, but I can't call this a "Major update" as nothing major changes for any of the factions..
23 Feb 2016, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 05:08 AMAVA
Is the USF really not getting any love?
Calliope nerf is fine, but why no LT tier changes..

Same for OKW.. I expected buffs/nerfs or another rework, but I can't call this a "Major update" as nothing major changes for any of the factions..
That's because it's not a major update. No major updates until esl is over
23 Feb 2016, 07:47 AM

I'd like to know what exactly is Relic planning to do with the US ability to decrew vehicles, because it really seems like they haven't thought through how the ability is supposed to work or be of benefit outside of single-player, and are slowly removing it from the m.p. game.

They aren't removing decrew from the game. They removed it from two units for very specific purposes. Pershing so you can't get around the 1 unit limit. And calliope because it was being abused to get around the upkeep cost.

Priests are much cheaper then the calliope and less powerful, so upkeep abuse isn't as much as a problem.
23 Feb 2016, 07:50 AM

I really hate to say this, since this game was so promising at launch:

Why do I still play this game?

Relic just ignores wehr and soviets. OKW blobs still a thing and now 222 is almost a light tank, but less than half the fuel cost.

T-34 is still trash and relic NEVER does anything about it.
Katyusha still much worse than panzerwerfer.
Wehr MG42 and rifle grenades free while soviets have to buy.
Soviet snipers made of paper, penals still cant hit anything.
STUKA DIVE BOMB IN MY DAMN BASE

Only 3 things props up soviet non-doctrinal: maxims, Su-76and SU-85.

Also BRAVO to relic, really love your MO: sell commanders with OP units, nerf them in the next patch and then make more pay-to-win commanders

25 Feb 2016, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 23:53 PMHux

Fair enough.. but I'm still not understanding this:

'Now in order to successfully retrieve an abandoned vehicle you will need to repair it to 100% HP.'

could someone elaborate on what this means then? i.e give me an example of how abandon would work situationally now

Not sure if serious or being retarded on purpose...
You now have to repair the tank/car/whatever vehicle to 100% BEFORE you attempt to steal it and use it for yourself.
25 Feb 2016, 06:07 AM

I dont have the commander so not 99% sure on this but capping your cutoff back cancels the whole ability. Maybe time to play some other factions instead of brits only.

You are missing out mate.

Add me on Steam ibm2217, and I'll show you what fear of arty trully means.
25 Feb 2016, 06:31 AM

WHEN THE OFFICIAL FORUMS CLOSED, THEY DID NOT SEND US THEIR BEST. THEY'RE SENDING PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS. THEY'RE BRINGING 4V4 HEROES. THEY'RE BRINGING ONE FACTION SNOBS. THEY'RE NOOBS. AND SOME, I ASSUME, ARE GOOD PEOPLE.

Come on now bro we arent all that bad... some of us want to see this community grow.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 23:55 PMaaa
Why dont they remove antisniper bs from 222. Its a tank now. Scout cars in this game are uc or m3 like units.

Jesus Christ on a stick, you are truly the one gardened pudding that makes me rage every garden time I read your gardened posts.
Fellow members, is there any way to avoid seeing someone's posts?

Edit:
Apologies for the spam.
Is there any way I can combine all 3 posts into one?
aaa
25 Feb 2016, 06:55 AM

Come on now bro we arent all that bad... some of us want to see this community grow.

Jesus Christ on a stick, you are truly the one gardened pudding that makes me rage every garden time I read your gardened posts.
Fellow members, is there any way to avoid seeing someone's posts?

Thats th way in yuor case
25 Feb 2016, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 06:55 AMaaa

Thats th way in yuor case

25 Feb 2016, 09:19 AM

All you balance whiners, I gotta ask you ..
1) isnt ESL fun to watch ?
2) do you see any one winning ESL with cheese strategy consistently?

I think game is at good state now just adapt and find counters instead of whining and blaming the game.. if your team based players then I agree the balance is skewed but for all 1v1s its at great state..
25 Feb 2016, 09:34 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:19 AMImSkemo
All you balance whiners, I gotta ask you ..
1) isnt ESL fun to watch ?
2) do you see any one winning ESL with cheese strategy consistently?

I think game is at good state now just adapt and find counters instead of whining and blaming the game.. if your team based players then I agree the balance is skewed but for all 1v1s its at great state..

+1
25 Feb 2016, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 09:34 AMthrud

+1

But I like team games XD as do the majority of the player base;)
25 Feb 2016, 14:14 PM

Instead of preventing the Calliope (and Priest, for that matter)from being able to be de-crewed, why not just make it so that their abilities only decrease their cooldown while the vehicle is crewed? Seems like a better solution than arbitrarily whacking random units with nerfs that go against the faction design...

I just don't want to have to build RE's ;)
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 108
unknown 27
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %