Login

russian armor

FEBRUARY 25TH UPDATE - RELEASE NOTES

PAGES (13)down
18 Feb 2016, 22:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can agree with most of it, but 222 change doesn't fix how it'll go from being a usable weapon platform to firing blanks as the game goes on.

...or the issues with its MG tracking that miragefla's noticed and fixed in his mod.
18 Feb 2016, 22:53 PM

Good start, long way to go :).

Pathing change, abandoned vehicle engine crit and explosive damage fix vs buildings = awesome.

Artillery cover got the well deserved nerf, hopefully forcing UKF players to go other commanders now occassionally.

I'm looking forward to the AEC change, buff to coaxial mg is hopefully potent enough to compensate for the (coming) shitty AI on main gun.

Calliope nerf seems appropiate, was afraid they would keep the cost increase stated in the stream (it's high already). It definitely needed the nerf to the offensive capabilities. Decrew ability removed, great. Holy shit, I abused that..

PW nerf looks more modest, hopefully it will still be potent but give weapon crews a chance to survive (or at least not destroy the weapon completely). Garrison damage profile not changed unfortunately.

222 change is promising, dual 222 might be a thing. Looking forward to some changes in early gameplay.

Lots of bugfixes, which is great. Hopefully they'll focus on the ones that are affecting gameplay more than aestethics.
18 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 22:53 PMVuther

...or the issues with its MG tracking that miragefla's noticed and fixed in his mod.

I'm really curious how many people are working on the game atm, 4-5 I guess (2 of which are community managers). DoW3, here it comes, the king is dead long live the king.

I don't even know is this sarcasm anymore :snfQuinn:
18 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

That's a REALLY disappointing patch. Still no changes to OKW, i'll still blob my volks to victory..

Yup...lower Cali damage ability " to help reduce potential squad deaths." So now continued vet volk blobs are MORE likely.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 22:44 PMaaa
Axis sniper abuse will be every game and totaly uncounterable. 222 was already overperforming.

This. USF M20 for anti-sniper is now even less effective at that role.

18 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 22:51 PMaaa

+1

Instead of this axis patch just give them auto win button (in t1 next to sniper icon) to allow any noob to get a win over anyone . not to just to most of them.

Enough is enough, it is not funny
18 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

I like this penal buff relic was so proud of :foreveralone:

And AEC is going to be incomparably worse puma again :foreveralone:
18 Feb 2016, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 22:57 PMGhostTX

Yup...lower Cali damage ability " to help reduce potential squad deaths." So now continued vet volk blobs are MORE likely.

This. USF M20 for anti-sniper is now even less effective at that role.

Yeah the overperforming 222 has really been a problem lately /facepalm
18 Feb 2016, 23:00 PM

It's great that a game several years old is still getting some love from the Devs. I'll be very interested to try the Anvil 25pdrs now...
18 Feb 2016, 23:02 PM
Patrion 27

A lot of decent changes. I am quite happy to see Stun Grenade issues addressed but the community has been almost unanimous in agreeing that the pathing change was bad in every way but Relic is too damn stubborn to revert it.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 22:59 PMJoeH

Yeah the overperforming 222 has really been a problem lately /facepalm

Not so much overperforming, but now it's been buffed to perform better against light vehicles (ex M20). So, for USF, the ONLY non-doc anti-sniper vehicle has MORE units to be wary of. Do tell, what counter-sniping tactic are you going to use now since 222 chase down the M20 and kill it faster/easier?

Really bad patch. No proper balance changes, no attempts to change meta, and the worst of all the pathfinding reverse thingy is still there. The whole community is against it, so why keep it?
Did you even read the patchnotes?

-Preferred Reverse distance for Vehicles changed from 50 to 40
-Forced Facing before moving when executing the following commands added: attack move, facing command, right clicking on an enemy unit, and when moving a group of vehicles.
18 Feb 2016, 23:04 PM

Not adjusting the cost of the 222 for the buff is going to create issues, I think.
1 of 6 Relic postsRelic 18 Feb 2016, 23:06 PM
Developer Relic Badge

No mention of the UC fuel cost change? Hopefully ninja'ed...

25Pdr change listed in there, also airburst shells buff. Not much for 3 major capability losses.

UC Fuel change is in there, notes are missing the change.
aaa
18 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

222 wins over t70 now???

Cheap Unit that comes a lot earlier and previosly t70 could kill infinite number of those. Now its buffed 3 times in a row.
18 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

Good start, long way to go :).

Pathing change, abandoned vehicle engine crit and explosive damage fix vs buildings = awesome.

Artillery cover got the well deserved nerf, hopefully forcing UKF players to go other commanders now occassionally.

I'm looking forward to the AEC change, buff to coaxial mg is hopefully potent enough to compensate for the (coming) shitty AI on main gun.

Calliope nerf seems appropiate, was afraid they would keep the cost increase stated in the stream (it's high already). It definitely needed the nerf to the offensive capabilities. Decrew ability removed, great. Holy shit, I abused that..

PW nerf looks more modest, hopefully it will still be potent but give weapon crews a chance to survive (or at least not destroy the weapon completely). Garrison damage profile not changed unfortunately.

222 change is promising, dual 222 might be a thing. Looking forward to some changes in early gameplay.

Lots of bugfixes, which is great. Hopefully they'll focus on the ones that are affecting gameplay more than aestethics.

Other British commanders aren't used cause they were nerfed into oblivion. This happened to the British Artillery commander, he was good in the alpha, but now hes not worth using.

Nerfing the used British commanders isn't going to make the others more viable.
18 Feb 2016, 23:10 PM

"UC Fuel change is in there, notes are missing the change."

Cheers Cuddle.
18 Feb 2016, 23:12 PM

looks fine to me. as always though theres always so much more that needs to be addressed.
18 Feb 2016, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 23:02 PMGhostTX

Not so much overperforming, but now it's been buffed to perform better against light vehicles (ex M20). So, for USF, the ONLY non-doc anti-sniper vehicle has MORE units to be wary of. Do tell, what counter-sniping tactic are you going to use now since 222 chase down the M20 and kill it faster/easier?

M20 still puts mines and has a bazooka crew, so I dont really see the issue other then if you leave your M20 unsupported the 222 now has a chance to get away (still MINES). I will go with what I went before, try and flank the sniper with my terminators... errr rifles I mean. The 222 is not gonna kill the M20 FASTER it just has more health. It still is useless against anything USF after the M20 is dead.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS