Login

russian armor

This needs to stop

17 Feb 2016, 22:41 PM

There needs to be a punishment for leaving the game early.

This actually happened 5 seconds into the game and has been a pervasive issue. People get annoyed and leave you with a bot and if you're playing with friends, this leaves you with 2 options. You can leave and wait for a new game or you play it out handicapped. Either way, its very frustrating.
17 Feb 2016, 23:28 PM
Patrion 28

uh what? everyone takes longer to find a game in the future?
17 Feb 2016, 23:48 PM

Well, if it constantly gives you a victory u can just leave and start another game.
18 Feb 2016, 00:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Coming soon with CoH3™
18 Feb 2016, 00:17 AM

18 Feb 2016, 01:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

you really think? CoH3?

Not really. All hope is lost!
18 Feb 2016, 02:15 AM

Other games put people who constantly drop out into an initial search with others who drop or go AFK. If no games found only then will they be added to the normal search pool.

Will it delay initial search times yes but if it reduces my chance of this crap happening I will take it. Who sits in game waiting anyway? I like I am sure most others tab out.
18 Feb 2016, 08:50 AM
Donator 11

informative title is very informative

and yes, there should be a punishment for people dropping. another different queue or a waittime for them before each normal queue would probably the way to go
18 Feb 2016, 09:23 AM

Banned
There definitely should be a punishment for leaving a game, just like LOL (you can't play a game while the other is still running) or CS:GO (cooldown period).

Absolutely, there should be a punishment.
18 Feb 2016, 10:20 AM

I've met that guy a few time in 2s, leaves the game as soon as he loses 1-2 squads and always blames teammates, might be wrong about the name tho

This is just how the community is, some players just drop the game as soon as they see that their teammate isn't top 100 or something like that or their opponents are too high ranked
18 Feb 2016, 10:30 AM

Imbalance has to stop, grab a mate and gg problem solved, its randumb don't expect annything there :D
nee
18 Feb 2016, 18:17 PM

Not a problem if more people played the game, in this case PVP matchmaking.

But that's not the community's problem. Me sticking it out in shitty matches isn't going to make the game better, it just wastes my time.

Solution isn't punish people who do that, because it solves nothing.

If people have to choose between not being able to play a game they don't even particularly like, and being force to play said game because of matchmaking to avoid punishment...then what happens is even fewer people play this game. On top of everything this gives Relic/ SEGA even less incentive to support the game.

Dumbest way to kill a game that survives on multiplayer is to punish people for taking the most convenient option.

Also, the AI tends to be more reliable than dumbass teammates anyways. They'll build caches if and whenever possible, and take flags on their own.
18 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Dropped mate are more OP than Relic balance :D.
18 Feb 2016, 18:29 PM

Dropped mate are more OP than Relic balance :D.

:lolol:
23 Feb 2016, 04:10 AM

The punishment should be something like a *insert Y here* minute ban. I bet that people who leave like that (complain about mm) just requeue and go into a new match with more preferable circumstances.
23 Feb 2016, 04:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- Improve AI
2- AI better than 50% of playerbase
3- Fixed :P
24 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

I agree. People should leave free at least an hour to play one match in case the game is really hot, so no reason to "leave for things". I don't want to punish people who leave because their baby started crying or a fire burst, so maybe base it on frequency like what World of Tanks and TF2 mvm do. Luckily though, most people leave because they are sore losers because the lost an opening move (at least one person has to lose the opener for the other to win).
24 Feb 2016, 14:46 PM

It wouldn't be *as* bad if you at least got expert AI if you played at higher ranks. I mean Expert AI can still be pretty derpy but at least it wouldn't be a death sentence to losing
24 Feb 2016, 14:58 PM

That disencourage the random play specially in 2v2.
I think that we need a rework on ELO gain:

1-If you are playing random and your opponent is a team (and the match is not leveled (i.e you rank 50 and mate rank 700 vs a team rank 100) even if you get a loose you don't loose ELO.

2-If you leave the game within the first 15 minutes, you loose ELO.
24 Feb 2016, 15:08 PM

That disencourage the random play specially in 2v2.
I think that we need a rework on ELO gain:

1-If you are playing random and your opponent is a team (and the match is not leveled (i.e you rank 50 and mate rank 700 vs a team rank 100) even if you get a loose you don't loose ELO.

2-If you leave the game within the first 15 minutes, you loose ELO.

I don't wanna be rude, but these changes make 0 sense and would be really bad to implement. There are many games out there already where solo queuers can get matched with people in a party (example: every single MOBA, or games like Counter Strike). All these games simply punish players for leaving early.

In Counter Strike, f someone is overall a nice player and rarely leaves, the cooldown is only 30 minutes if they leave a match (for the guy who said he had to run to get the baby, a weird sort of excuse to leave) - Someone leaving for their baby would only get 30 minutes. But if you leave again within a certain time, the delay increases (2 hours, a day, or even a week). If cry baby nerds who quit games all the time had to suddenly start having a 1 week time out where they couldn't play, I think that would probably fix the problem.

tl;dr This problem exists in MOBAs and Counter Strike, both of which already have found a solution
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★