Login

russian armor

Feb 17th Stream Summary

18 Feb 2016, 13:32 PM

Was a price increase alongside nerfs really necessary on the Calliope? ANd still no fix for Royal Arty?

Yet another kneejerk reaction patch from Relic...

Yes, because if its not quadra or penta, then it can't be called a reasonable nerf :snfBarton: :snfQuinn:
18 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 23:24 PMHiflex

You didnt read the notes, and the comments on calliope correctly i guess. Or you are just butthurt that your freewin commander wont give you freewins anymore.

you must have been the butthurt cry baby complaining that allies op nerf, i cant attack move my volks blobs anymore!!!! nerf allies!
18 Feb 2016, 17:13 PM

you must have been the butthurt cry baby complaining that allies op nerf, i cant attack move my volks blobs anymore!!!! nerf allies!

I think it would be delusional to suggest that the Allied factions are not considerably stronger in all game modes this patch. The Calliope and m1919s being two of the biggest offenders.

Either way throwing mud in the form of fanboy accusations does nothing but harm the game.

There are many well deserved nerfs and buffs in this patch. The AEC might be too weak for 60 fuel though, and the health of the calliope is unchanged meaning it will still be potent while not being an iWin button.

Maxims are still going to be a nightmare in 1s though sadly. And Brits might fade back to non relevance.
18 Feb 2016, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 17:13 PMCieZ

I think it would be delusional to suggest that the Allied factions are not considerably stronger in all game modes this patch. The Calliope and m1919s being two of the biggest offenders.

Either way throwing mud in the form of fanboy accusations does nothing but harm the game.

There are many well deserved nerfs and buffs in this patch. The AEC might be too weak for 60 fuel though, and the health of the calliope is unchanged meaning it will still be potent while not being an iWin button.

Maxims are still going to be a nightmare in 1s though sadly. And Brits might fade back to non relevance.

i agree with the calliope being way too strong, its just the relic way of nerf 7 things on units and fucking it out. its never baby steps, its nerf bat or over buff. nerfing cost and the unit stats itself and no decrewing seems yet again over the top. and BARS are better than m1919s
18 Feb 2016, 17:35 PM

Huh? And Stuka 37mm run deleting all kinds of armor is fine?
18 Feb 2016, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

Huh? And Stuka 37mm run deleting all kinds of armor is fine?

Of course
18 Feb 2016, 17:52 PM

Really not sure about the maxim nerf as it was essential at stopping OKW from raping the opening phase. Something must be given to compensate that big loss, because thing will get ugly fast in 4vs4... And SOV will get very unpopular quickly.

The problem is not that the Maxim is op, it's rather the sore lack of viable options in the opening phase vs the OKW.

Thanks.
18 Feb 2016, 18:03 PM

Hmmm yeah good changes, it's not that Maxims are straight forward OP it's that multiple Maxims are super oppressive and very hard to deal with. Having casted games where players have played pretty much perfectly as Axis and still lost hard. I think that setup time is a really good way to adjust this so as not to make Maxims worthless.I can definitely understand them taking some time to ensure they don't handicap Soviets *crosses heavily biased Allied fingers for a Penal buff*. AEC change looks good, it will obviously need playtesting. CalliOP durability may still be an issue but these changes will hopefully be enough. Really hoping to see garrisoning/squad clumping around corners changes soon, the cheesy mine wipes for all factions is a pretty huge problem.
18 Feb 2016, 18:06 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:30 PMGhostTX
Nothing done for the shrek blob and they make the Cali more useless? GJ Relic.

Cali more useless :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:guyokay:
18 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM
Donator 11

How about we increase setup time of the maxim but increase AOE supression? :D

But seriously though... how the hell is the Maxim, THE MAXIM, overpowered. Are you guys retarded? I think you guys are retarded...

The Maxim is the kind of MG nobody picks up when its on the ground. The Maxim is the kind of MG that can't kill any vehicles cuz it has no penetration or incendiary/AP rounds. The maxim is the kind of MG that dies when retreating.

The maxim is simply annoying and if you can't counter such a simple strategy, then idk what to tell you. How many counters are there? How many? Like 50? lol. How about you make the Conscripts a little better, or the Penals to create alternative Soviet openings instead of getting tunnel vision wielding nerfhammer.

This is a nerf for players who build just one Maxim, mind you.
Hux
18 Feb 2016, 19:00 PM
Patrion 14

They need to fix vehicles driving backwards. How has that not been hot fixed yet? I mean, vehicles are just reversing around.... And.... Nothing. Not heard anything about improving that
18 Feb 2016, 19:52 PM

How about we increase setup time of the maxim but increase AOE supression? :D

But seriously though... how the hell is the Maxim, THE MAXIM, overpowered. Are you guys retarded? I think you guys are retarded...

The Maxim is the kind of MG nobody picks up when its on the ground. The Maxim is the kind of MG that can't kill any vehicles cuz it has no penetration or incendiary/AP rounds. The maxim is the kind of MG that dies when retreating.

The maxim is simply annoying and if you can't counter such a simple strategy, then idk what to tell you. How many counters are there? How many? Like 50? lol. How about you make the Conscripts a little better, or the Penals to create alternative Soviet openings instead of getting tunnel vision wielding nerfhammer.

This is a nerf for players who build just one Maxim, mind you.

Have you even watched ESL?

Have you scrimmed high level 1s this patch?

Wanna 1v1 my Soviets later and show me all these ez counters that every top player is hoping to find?

It is pretty damn difficult to beat, nearly impossible as OKW. And it takes way more effort and skill to beat than it does to pull off. The unit has too much going for it right now. Soviets should be compensated in other areas when the maxim gets nerfed but things can't stay the way they are right now.
18 Feb 2016, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 18:06 PMStafkeh

Cali more useless :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:guyokay:

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 04:51 AMKhan

Really? More useless? :snfPeter:

Ya, poor choice of words. Meant to infer they were starting to make it useless, not that it was useless to begin with.

But I still stand, making a hard shrek blob counter less useful when doing nothing for the shrek blob. Ergo, shrek blob is now more of a threat, since it's counter is weakened. Less rockets, less damage for more fuel cost. And decrewing is a major way USF can get enough tanks on the field to counter Axis tanks and the blob. Not being able to decrew means USF can't juggle it's MP allowance to stay unit heavy. It not only restricts Cali numbers, but overall USF numbers on the field.
18 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 19:52 PMCieZ

Soviets should be compensated in other areas when the maxim gets nerfed but things can't stay the way they are right now.

Agreed.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 19:52 PMCieZ

Have you even watched ESL?

Have you scrimmed high level 1s this patch?

Wanna 1v1 my Soviets later and show me all these ez counters that every top player is hoping to find?

I play CoH 2 as well thank you very much. Snipers, mortars, rifle grenades, 222, Luchs, Obersoldaten, incendiary grenades, Flak Halftracks, StuG H, mortar halftrack, Flamer Halftrack, LEIG, MG42 lol. I can't tell if you're joking when you're asking me what counters Maxims.

Look what Luvnest did versus maxim spam.

Maybe why Maxim spam is so good vs. OKW is because the meta is Luchs rush? Those first 7 minutes without vehicles can be quite painful. Maybe if they went for the Flak Halftrack instead and the LEIG, then we'd see a different story. The Maxim counters the current OKW meta.
18 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM

Agreed.

I play CoH 2 as well thank you very much. Snipers, mortars, rifle grenades, 222, Luchs, Obersoldaten, incendiary grenades, Flak Halftracks, StuG H, mortar halftrack, Flamer Halftrack, LEIG, MG42 lol. I can't tell if you're joking when you're asking me what counters Maxims.

Maybe why Maxim spam is so good vs. OKW is because the meta is Luchs rush? Those first 7 minutes without vehicles can be quite painful. Maybe if they went for the Flak Halftrack instead and the LEIG, then we'd see a different story. The Maxim counters the current OKW meta.

I sincerely don't know if it does but I do 100% agree with you, Maxim isn't a clear and documented issue today, people stuck in a unique meta is. This is 150% true for OKW since all OKW players are playing full volkspam into luch/P4 or P4/Panther + Tiger. It is like other units weren't existent.
18 Feb 2016, 21:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 21:23 PMEsxile

Maxim isn't a clear and documented issue today, people stuck in a unique meta is. This is 150% true for OKW since all OKW players are playing full volkspam into luch/P4 or P4/Panther + Tiger. It is like other units weren't existent.

Thank you!
18 Feb 2016, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 17:13 PMCieZ

I think this only partially true. Many of the strengths the Allies currently offer are locked behind commanders, both of the worst offenders are coming in line. People without them (me) have not been able to feel such a huge impact on their games and will actually feel like overall the Allies are still in need of buffs. I suspect that in larger game modes things will swing firmly back into German hands, and in smaller modes the field should be more level again.
18 Feb 2016, 21:42 PM

Agreed.

Almost everything you listed is unique to Ost and some of it is locked behind a commander, and much of what you listed doesn't even make sense.

The 251 flak can't wipe maxims like a luchs can. It dies to 2 at gun shots, unlike the luchs. Loses horribly to the t70 (also unlike the luchs) and has significantly less mobility than the luchs.

The ISG kills too slowly to be a viable hard counter, although it can help in a prolonged game.

The fact that you consider either of these things more ideal counters to maxims proves that you don't have a clue what you're talking about with regard to 1v1.

Ost can counter because they have so many more tools than OKW but it is still difficult even for Ost. Especially with how quickly a t70 can hit the field and how deadly it is against Ost.

I think you're stuck in a 4v4 sort of mentality while trying to discuss top level 1v1 balance.
18 Feb 2016, 21:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 21:42 PMCieZ

I think you're stuck in a 4v4 sort of mentality while trying to discuss top level 1v1 balance.

Of course you're gonna disregard what I said and attack me personally, nice. Maybe I should bow down to you, oh elite 1v1 player. Cuz I exclusively play 4v4s, right. :D

The fact that you consider either of these things more ideal counters to maxims proves that you don't have a clue what you're talking about with regard to 1v1.

These are the only viable alternatives for OKW other than Volks spamming/stalling until Luchs. What else was I supposed to say, mortar? They are better than Volks spamming straight into the arcs of the Maxims. Combined arms?

Ost can counter because they have so many more tools than OKW...

Yes, because they have access to indirect fire and 222 as the early vehicle. Hello LeIG & Flak HT. Is it that hard to go non-meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★