Login

russian armor

Patch changes from the Relic stream...

17 Feb 2016, 20:05 PM

Few details I could catch..

AEC has been re-nerfed, and has a fuel increase. 60 a pop now.... Sounds worse than they were previous to the last patch.

UC no longer costs fuel.

25pdrs buffed, sounded along the lines of Mr. Smith's suggestions.

Land Mattress looks good, 30 rockets and WP was mentioned. Good range.

Fortified emplacements increases armour to 45. Not sure how useful this will be except as bunkers. Frankly all the damage emplacemements take is down to shrecks, mortars etc.

I think they mentioned a 20% HP buff, though might be part of the fortified emplacements.

Advanced assembly seems to spawn engineers which go and fix things...

Counter battery... Wow, can't build anything whilst it is active but when it is you wouldn't want to be crewing a mortar or ISG...

Precision strike, 200 munitions and a blob killer par excellence.

Rather amused to report that the fortified mortar they built in game lasted all of 2 minutes before being wrecked. :D
17 Feb 2016, 20:13 PM
Donator 11

So what is supposed to fill the mid game now?
17 Feb 2016, 20:22 PM
17 Feb 2016, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 20:13 PMMittens
So what is supposed to fill the mid game now?
A fast (Pun intended) Cromwell.
17 Feb 2016, 20:29 PM
Donator 11

Stand Fast is a better ability than Emplacement Fortifications if you want to sim city
17 Feb 2016, 20:46 PM

UC not costing fuel is great and all but even when I bought it, I only ever used it to abuse the designate command vehicle recon sweep, it's no kubelwagon.

However I guess now you can use it after you tech up for a wasp platform for building clearing? But unless they give it more durability it's just gonna get schrecked or hit by a stray AT gun.

If they're making the AEC worse than it was before then they better give IS handheld nukes or something or UKF is going to be even worse
17 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM

"So what is supposed to fill the mid game now?"

Universal carriers presumably... Maybe 25pdr barrages if they have been buffed sufficiently.

The good news here is that you can participate in the Universal Carrier challenge without missing out on teching in game.
17 Feb 2016, 20:49 PM

"So what is supposed to fill the mid game now?"

Universal carriers presumably... Maybe 25pdr barrages if they have been buffed sufficiently.

The good news here is that you can participate in the Universal Carrier challenge without missing out on teching in game.

Like the UC is gonna stand a chance against anything, it loses to a 222 even.

Time to break out the PIATs?
17 Feb 2016, 20:53 PM

Ahhh... Well, thing is....

The 222 has had a massive buff, think it's got more than 300 HP now.

Which leaves.... Maybe harsh language or... Buying the two new commanders I guess.
17 Feb 2016, 20:56 PM

Ahhh... Well, thing is....

The 222 has had a massive buff, think it's got more than 300 HP now.

Which leaves.... Maybe harsh language or... Buying the two new commanders I guess.

watching it now, don't know why they're buffing the 222, it had a specific role and it did it well. If anything i'd just let it not get dumpstered by small arms but it's super cheap and fast
17 Feb 2016, 21:03 PM

I'm curious as to what happens when the land mattress is killed. its infantry pulling a cart, so does it get decrewed and then is viable to steal? If so, it better have damn good range or damage to compensate.
17 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM

Advanced Cover costs 75 muni and lasts 30 seconds. So useless then. Slightly better than Assault but even that's debatable because Assault gives you recon.

Edit: AEC got cheaper so I don't know why OP is giving false info.

It's still a crutch for UKF so I still don't like what they're doing with UKF.
17 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

Yeah, was quite amusing when the chap said he was using the Advanced cover now...

Three squads attacked, 2 wiped and 1 retreated with 1 man left. Didn't look too appealing for 75 munis.

AEC costs 20 less manpower and 10 fuel more. I wouldn't describe it as cheaper myself, each to their own though.
18 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

Lets hope they don't get too carried away with AEC nerf, i don't want a useless vehicle again.

But it is good to know that new abilities of the new commanders that they sound reasonable. We are still gonna see simcity builders try to abuse this but it won't work, doesn't sound like it will pay off.
18 Feb 2016, 21:27 PM

Lets hope they don't get too carried away with AEC nerf, i don't want a useless vehicle again.

But it is good to know that new abilities of the new commanders that they sound reasonable. We are still gonna see simcity builders try to abuse this but it won't work, doesn't sound like it will pay off.

Brad said that the AEC got its old gun back (Basically Jackson or StuG level for AI). He said the Co-ax was roughly as good as a LMG. Basically you can't play it like a T70 anymore but the Co-Ax is good enough that Infantry just can't just ignore it like they used to. Should be in a good place for its intended role of light vehicle hunter that can threaten mediums.
18 Feb 2016, 21:32 PM

Simcity isn't abuse, it is a play style and a valid one at that considering the faction design. Just because it isn't popular that doesn't make it abuse.

At the lower levels I often play against OKW simcities with Flak emplacements, MG bunkers, LeFh18 and the like. Very difficult to beat but not something I whinge about.

The AEC nerf may not actually be a nerf.....

It was said in the stream that they had reverted the gun ( which was always good AT) but added it's DPS to the coaxial MG.

Thing is the Axis fanbois were pissing and moaning about the wrong thing, rather than saying the AEC was too reliable at close range they almost to a man tried to make out that AECs just sat there at 40 yards and sniped their squads to death. "Nothing I could do about it, OP!" etc.

This isn't my experience, frankly the AEC doesn't hit the same postcode at 40m. Where it excelled was getting in close and taking squads out, especially against MG, AT and Sturms / anything without shrecks.

Even then at close range the gun was hardly accurate, so if the MG is now potent it might make it a more reliable killer, especially when chasing the evil nazi bastids back on the retreat...

Will be hilarious if they've stabbed themselves in the back by moaning about the wrong thing. :D
18 Feb 2016, 22:05 PM

Brad said that the AEC got its old gun back (Basically Jackson or StuG level for AI). He said the Co-ax was roughly as good as a LMG. Basically you can't play it like a T70 anymore but the Co-Ax is good enough that Infantry just can't just ignore it like they used to. Should be in a good place for its intended role of light vehicle hunter that can threaten mediums.

Sounds good to me. Provided it is usable vs light and maybe even medium tanks.
18 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

AEC
Previously we wanted to improve the AEC’s role to better combat infantry. However the way in which it was implemented resulted in the AEC over performing against its very own counters. We are reverting the main gun profile change and implementing a buff to its coaxial machine gun. This will now increase the AEC performance against infantry while maintaining its previous combat relationships.

Main Gun profile change reverted
Cost changed from 340/50 to 280/60
Coaxial accuracy far increased from 0.35 to 0.46
Coaxial accuracy medium increase 0.55 to 0.6
Burst increased from 1 / 0.75 to 2.25
Rate of Fire increased from 8 to 10

Anyone able to accurately calculate DPS for the MG? I'm getting about 8.11 DPS at far, from the original 3.5. Over 22dps at close, which is MG42 territory.... Might be a beast...
19 Feb 2016, 03:22 AM

Well it won't be better than the current AEC because you could take pot shots and kite AT. Now you can't and are forced to commit.

Also no way is a MP reduction "cheaper". Most people rush the AEC anyway and it costing more fuel delays the late game.

Actually, if you abuse the command vehicle recon plane (Still not fixed LMAO) you'll only have to spend 5 fuel more actually.
19 Feb 2016, 03:42 AM

Yeah I asked them about it and they've updated the patch notes now.

Also they've changed the price of the AEC again. Was 340/50 originally, then it was to be 280/60 but the notes now say..

"Cost changed from 320/60 (sic) to 280/70"

Doubt I'll even build one to try at 70 fuel.... Not worth it to build one ( 85 fuel total!) or to spam.

"Also no way is a MP reduction "cheaper"."

Exactly. 60 MP reduction is less than 20 seconds, 10 fuel is almost 30s depending upon your map control after 6 minutes. 20 fuel is a full minute in most of my games.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight