Login

russian armor

Relic: Brits srsly needs nerf

PAGES (7)down
15 Feb 2016, 00:27 AM

After the last patch, with AEC serious buff, and overall good early infantry and OP doctrine abilities Brits became unbeatable on some maps if played properly, i'll tell you why, starting from beginning:

Tommies - they are best infantry in game, for sure in early game, pretty expensive, but they can beat all kind of infantry, even with 4 models and with their cover bonus they can face MG's in building without loosing a single model, best counter to them were snipers as ostheer and OKW needed to flank, push with kubels etc (harder way with OKW), with bren upgrades they are with no doubt best infantry in game. What i'd change to them: lower slightly cost to 260MP or 250MP, slightly reduction in DPS, cover bonus ONLY in green cover, maybe some nerf in veterancy because they seem to be so much powerful

Sappers - best repair/combat infantry in game, very cheap, only 210 and DPS is like 3 times better than CE or pios, maybe somke of you dont know but at vet 3 their reinforce is only 13MP per model, give them 2 Brens and you have light Obersoldat unit with reinforce cost of ostruppen, what needs to be change: vet 3 reworked for sure (reinforce reduction from 26 to 13? srsly Relic?), DPS reduction because they can solo most rifle units

AEC - this unit is a mix of T-70 and Puma, which actually costs less than both of these vehicles, it's 2 in 1 unit, no other faction has unit like that, so cheap and so powerful vs anything, it even can penetrate Tigers in front and had smoke but default. So this unit must be designed to: be a good AT unit like Puma or be a good anti infantry unit like T-70, it can't be both, it just can't, this units comes at around 5-6 minute, so much faster than other good vehicles, also, the fuel cost could be higher and MP lower.

Command vehicle - I don't know what Relic was thinking to give a FREE RECON FOR 90 SECS AND COOLDOWN FOR 30 SECS and aura boost for nearby units, while others must have doctrine, or high tier unit like Major to use recon and they must PAY god damn munitions for that. I personally think that recon light must be removed from this ability and it shouldn't be used on Bren carriers.

How the matchups looks like:

vs ostheer: tommies overperform grens and MG's in cover or buildings, snipers seem to be very good counter to them, but for a short time because brits can get AEC at around 5-6 minute, while ostheer is still in Tier 1 or barelly finished building T2. at around 10 minute the game comes to the end, bren CV combo with snipers is unbeatable, ostheer snipers can't do anything, grens gets sniped or rolled with AEC's, ostheer in this patch is officially dead vs Brits on EVERY map

vs OKW: bigest problem to them are snipers for sure, but in early game they can do some nice tricks with kubels/sturmpio combo but it's hard to do, any tier choice is not a good choice, repair Tier truck is expensive, and all units are light vehicles and all are designed to one thing only, Luchs good vs infantry, Puma vs tanks and Stuka as arty, doesnt really help vs brits, if you go luchs then AEC will counter you, if you go Puma then you've wasted much fuel and it's not so obvious that you'd counter AEC, going med truck seem to be best choice but that MP bleed will kill them, they dont have counter to snipers for sure and they can't counter tommies in cover properly, that refers to open maps like Langres, Ango, Faymonville, i think they got better chances on more closed maps like kholodny or semois maybe.

Relic srsly, this game has like 3 years, seems that you never learn on your mistakes
15 Feb 2016, 00:34 AM

playercard pls

salty after hans beat u with brits?
15 Feb 2016, 00:43 AM

AEC is over the top everyone can agree.

Brits also have the worst HMG and worst handheld anti-tank weapon in game and great deal of support units that are static.

Tommy infantry in order to be semi-competent needs a big investment in fuel and ammo, so if it's effective, it's certainly deserved.

IF they are so hard to beat why is it they are so unpopular 1v1?
15 Feb 2016, 00:45 AM

AEC is over the top everyone can agree.

Brits also have the worst HMG and worst handheld anti-tank weapon in game and great deal of support units that are static.

Vickers are designed to be placed in buildings due to their vet and they're not that bad tbh, MG34 is the worst MG ever.

Brits aren't popular because not many people know how to play them, and they are kinda fresh faction
15 Feb 2016, 00:50 AM

Vickers are designed to be placed in buildings due to their vet and they're not that bad tbh, MG34 is the worst MG ever.

Brits aren't popular because not many people know how to play them, and they are kinda fresh faction

It's a 280mp investment that can barely suppress anything and gets out fought at range by the MG42.

Volksgrenadiers can crawl their way to throw a incendiary nade before being pinned as well.

If the OKW player has the suppression reduction bulletins... it is even more hilarious.
15 Feb 2016, 01:04 AM

increase time it takes to get AEC out and all of sudden balance acheived. Kappa
15 Feb 2016, 01:28 AM

http://coh2chart.com/
usf has less players in 1v1. ukf even comes close to ost.
15 Feb 2016, 01:46 AM

It's a 280mp investment that can barely suppress anything and gets out fought at range by the MG42.

Volksgrenadiers can crawl their way to throw a incendiary nade before being pinned as well.

If the OKW player has the suppression reduction bulletins... it is even more hilarious.

Vickers 1v1s mgs at all ranges assuming same cover and both set up at the same time.

While volks are crawling to your mg you pack up, move back then set up again.

I think Vickers is easiest mg to get to vet 3 honestly.
15 Feb 2016, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 01:28 AMHiflex

http://coh2chart.com/
usf has less players in 1v1. ukf even comes close to ost.

How does that link show how many players play a faction?
15 Feb 2016, 03:00 AM

with their cover bonus they can face MG's in building without loosing a single model [...] cover bonus ONLY in green cover

Yea, relic seems to like giving random units random gimmicky bonuses. Can we just go back to normal units that work with normal stats? Realistically (IMO) the best choice would be to change them to normal units - no non-cover nerf, no cover bonus; have them work just like grens/rifles/etc. Then we can work on getting them in-line with all the other base line infantry.

As for the MG bit (IMO); MG in building should always, ALWAYS beat a single infantry squad; cover or no (ignoring circle-strafing).

Sappers [...] only 210 and DPS is like 3 times better than CE or pios [...] give them 2 Brens and you have light Obersoldat unit with reinforce cost of ostruppen [...] vet 3 reworked for sure (reinforce reduction from 26 to 13? srsly Relic?), DPS reduction because they can solo most rifle units

Vet should never change unit cost, it's just too gimmicky and rewards stupid play (run in, get vet 3 squad to 1 man, retreat). As for their stats; yea, it's just dumb. 210mp with 13mp reinforce and they can easily 1v1 Pgrens (340/34) given the proper upgrades; just shouldn't be so viable.

AEC [...] So this unit must be designed to: be a good AT unit like Puma or be a good anti infantry unit like T-70, it can't be both, it just can't, this units comes at around 5-6 minute, so much faster than other good vehicles

Yep. Currently it's just amazing vs. everything, especially for the time it comes at. At MINIMUM it needs to be delayed (with current stats) by around 60-90 seconds (so OST can have a chance of having a PAK out), but it could also use a nerf in either AI or AT (not both). You just can't have a "jack of all trades, master of all, arrives before counters" unit.

Command vehicle - I don't know what Relic was thinking to give a FREE RECON FOR 90 SECS AND COOLDOWN FOR 30 SECS and aura boost for nearby units [...] I personally think that recon light must be removed from this ability and it shouldn't be used on Bren carriers.

Honestly, I don't see this that much. Either way, free recon is just a bad idea. Not sure what the problem is with it being on a Bren carrier, though.

While we're at it, Tactical Support Regiment's "Artillery Cover" needs a pretty big change, too. Right now it's just insanely overpowered.
15 Feb 2016, 04:13 AM

I feel like Ostheer struggles the most due to the British being the allied Equivalent, except the Brits still exceed in most of the categories.
15 Feb 2016, 05:05 AM

just nerf the AEC.

british was bottom tier until the AEC got overbuffed. the british 1v1 meta game pretty much revolve around spamming that one unit.
15 Feb 2016, 05:16 AM

If I can suggest counterplay to Brits as Ost -

5 pio start. Pios are cheap and tend to do wonders against lone Brit units. It also gives you a lot of capping power and helps you get to T2 which is more useful as Ost vs Brits than t1
15 Feb 2016, 06:04 AM

I feel like Ostheer struggles the most due to the British being the allied Equivalent, except the Brits still exceed in most of the categories.

#teamgustav16

On-topic: They have the best light vehicle, PAK copy-paste, best mainline infantry, very strong commanders and effective HMG (it can solo mg-42s with ease in a garrison fight).

If anything the AEC rush must go with arty cover.
15 Feb 2016, 06:11 AM

#teamgustav16

On-topic: They have the best light vehicle, PAK copy-paste, best mainline infantry, very strong commanders and effective HMG (it can solo mg-42s with ease in a garrison fight).

If anything the AEC rush must go with arty cover.

wtf happened to ostheer having quality over quantity to win matches? The Quality isn't as good as the Brit's quality, and the quantity is still extremely laughable.

Edited Addition to Post

Glimpse of Hope For Ostheer:
If only elite troops was still elite troops. Then, and only then, would quality over quantity be possible, but relic hates veterancy hacks, because no counter-play involved/self-implemented cheats.
15 Feb 2016, 06:22 AM

wtf happened to ostheer having quality over quantity to win matches? The Quality isn't as good as the Brit's quality, and the quantity is still extremely laughable.

This.
15 Feb 2016, 06:39 AM

Reduce the AoE of the AEC so its a light vehicle counter with acceptable AI capabilities and buff the Bren Carrier and Valentine to compensate.

Arty cover's engine damage is also nuts. I'm surprised it hasn't been changed yet.
15 Feb 2016, 06:47 AM

buff the Bren Carrier to compensate.

I've always wondered what would happen if Bren Spam would return as a viable option. Last time it happened, it wasn't fun, considering I still have had nightmares about it. :(
15 Feb 2016, 06:50 AM
Patrion 15

Before the bizarre AEC buff, Brits was the thoughest faction to play with. AEC brings the game to mid game too early. but I do think they should make infantry section cover bonus before the patch(now, cover and non cover bonuses are become closer). Infantry section could be more cover depended because even Ostroopen can beat Infantry section on cover skirmish. But of course If AECs are able to rushed than It become very easy againts Ostroopen.
I think all these "Brits OP" talk is happening just because of OP AEC and The Free Recon. Some Brits abilities are bugged too. Current status of Brits is not e-sports :snfPeter: so thats why I'm very curius about the upcoming patch. Which by the way coming in the middle of tournament not after first monthly cup :S
I hope this patch is worth the waiting.
15 Feb 2016, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 06:50 AMruzen
I think all these "Brits OP" talk is happening just because of OP AEC

More of the fact that most of Ostheer's options have become invalid due to the Brits having 'Superior' everything. Still, like you said, the infantry section should become more cover dependent (I'd prefer heavy cover to make them more restricted to balance things out), which suits them being a more static faction.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS