Login

russian armor

Relic: Brits srsly needs nerf

PAGES (7)down
15 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

Aside from cromwell, comet and the 5min KT (AEC), they are mostly fine.
15 Feb 2016, 23:33 PM

Aside from cromwell, comet and the 5min KT (AEC), they are mostly fine.

Yesterday I got my ass served by UKF and Soviets vs OKW (me) and OST. Maxim spam kept me busy while UKF build vickers, and bofors all over Rzhev....I pushed them few times with ISG but then Comets, and KV-8s got me rekt. Oh well...
16 Feb 2016, 00:57 AM

It's a 280mp investment that can barely suppress anything and gets out fought at range by the MG42.

Volksgrenadiers can crawl their way to throw a incendiary nade before being pinned as well.

If the OKW player has the suppression reduction bulletins... it is even more hilarious.

Volks can do that to maxims too. Also the 50 cal but lol on that LT tier mg.
16 Feb 2016, 01:11 AM

I´ve seen Vickers firing a full burst and not suppress, something that won't happen with a maxim anymore.
16 Feb 2016, 01:12 AM

BS, vet 0 maxims suppresses vet5 volks without cover on first burst and pins them somewhere long-mid range on 3rd or 4th.

I´ve seen Vickers firing a full burst and not suppress, something that won't happen with a maxim anymore.

If it kills model it fires on (which is not that rare), whole squad avoids suppression for a long time it takes vickers to reload :s
16 Feb 2016, 01:16 AM

- Brits are unplayable in 1v1 pre-patch
- Relic Buffs AEC to absurd levels
- Suddenly all of their units and abilities are overperforming

Seriously I understand arty cover but this is ridiculous.
16 Feb 2016, 02:43 AM

Think many were just too unused to play brits before they super buffed aec to ridicilous lvls.

Command vehicle scout plane. Make it cost munition and it's ok.
16 Feb 2016, 03:54 AM

The first time I've seen a balance thread where the OP isn't just WAH I LOST MUST BE OVERPOWERED RELIC PLOX
16 Feb 2016, 03:59 AM

The first time I've seen a balance thread where the OP isn't just I LOST MUST BE OVERPOWERED RELIC NERF PLOX
16 Feb 2016, 05:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 21:05 PMVonIvan

16 Feb 2016, 09:02 AM

Give AEC a slight nerf (or swap it with valentine or something?) and alter (see:not overnerf Relic) artillery cover.

These are the only issues.

16 Feb 2016, 09:22 AM

Give AEC a higher fuel cost, it's ridiculously cheap for what it does and how early it comes.
16 Feb 2016, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 09:22 AMTNrg
Give AEC a higher fuel cost, it's ridiculously cheap for what it does and how early it comes.

And lower its MP cost?
Units cost isn't fuel only, this things MP cost is as much as med tank.
16 Feb 2016, 10:03 AM

A unit can become OP due to how its supported/used; not necessarily due to its own stats.

Sov sniper? Fine
Sov scout car? Fine
Sov Sniper IN scout car? Never again

Look a tommies for example. Pre-AEC buff, they pretty much had to stand alone against constantly vetting LMG-grens/pgrens until a centaur or crom showed up (iirc around ~11min?). That allowed for them to be stronger (those cover bonuses), since they had to actually be able to compete for a very long period of time. In addition, since (in this case, Wehr) didn't need AT out until 11 min, this meant that the tommies had to compete against a larger infantry force.

Now, with the exact same bonuses/stats, they only need to last until 6 minutes, at which point the AEC removes all the MGs/snipers/etc. And during those 6 minutes, Wehr pretty much as to tier up, meaning less actual infantry presence.
16 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

Words....

Also the Tommies now have the luxury of double Brens where previously they'd have to cart Piats around in the optimistic hope of keeping the early armour away... They also don't have to push early game to try to take ground which they are then good at defending, they know the AEC will clear the way.

I have to say I've been rather puzzled at how so many people have found the AEC unhandlable given all I ever see is it missing a lot and getting fausted. Then again I only own the Brits.

It isn't the AEC itself, it is the way it interacts and subtly modifies the behaviour and use of other units as you've described, which makes it OP.

16 Feb 2016, 11:50 AM

Words....

Also the Tommies now have the luxury of double Brens where previously they'd have to cart Piats around in the optimistic hope of keeping the early armour away... They also don't have to push early game to try to take ground which they are then good at defending, they know the AEC will clear the way.

I have to say I've been rather puzzled at how so many people have found the AEC unhandlable given all I ever see is it missing a lot and getting fausted. Then again I only own the Brits.

It isn't the AEC itself, it is the way it interacts and subtly modifies the behaviour and use of other units as you've described, which makes it OP.

i remember your AEC test where you said it missed 24 times in a row.

LOL

i guess in all these esl games they were extremly lucky with all these models snipes from the AEC :clap:
16 Feb 2016, 11:56 AM

Well, I would like to apologise to those who have put forward well reasoned arguments which I've taken issue with...

Not so much to those who merely state or shout rather than discuss. Certainly not to anyone who thinks I was deliberately dishonest.

Neo
16 Feb 2016, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 09:22 AMTNrg

I think you are right that the issue is timing, which is why I think it needs to be delayed by about 60-90 seconds without increasing its cost.

A slight splash damage nerf would help too.
16 Feb 2016, 13:00 PM

Increase the cost of the AEC or nerf it's gun, than the unit and probably the british are fine again.
16 Feb 2016, 13:33 PM

Banned

+ fuking 1.
Get over it already Barton.

AEC and Arty cover need a nerf, the rest is fine.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS