Login

russian armor

Make MG34 a Stock Unit

12 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM

Now that the OKW has no stock suppression other than the flak half track(which I rarely see) due to the changes to the kubel isn't it time that the MG34 was made a stock unit? All the other factions are able to build a heavy MG at some point in their tech except for the OKW. The inability to build caches feeds into this problem by making it more difficult to hold ground as the OKW than other factions. As for the commanders with the MG34 already available, maybe give them an MG42 at cp 1?
12 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

I'd love that, but wouldn't that make OKW a slightly better OST?
12 Feb 2016, 16:27 PM

ostheer has np isg or mini howitzer 100% accuracy barage, usf has no sniper, soviets has no panther, brits has no pgrens stpio...

Let okw have disadventages like other factions have.
12 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM

ostheer has np isg or mini howitzer 100% accuracy barage, usf has no sniper, soviets has no panther, brits has no pgrens stpio...

Let okw have disadventages like other factions have.

Personally I see no caches as a huge disadvantage already, besides suppression is one of the key components of what sets COH2 apart from so many other strategy games. I think that asymmetrical balance is an awesome idea, but there are aspects of the game which all factions need ex: (indirect fire, mines, AT etc..). Suppression is definitely one of them.
12 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM

It is useless anyway.
12 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

It is useless anyway.

not entirely, it deals out suppression.
Lol I thought you were the new incarnation of daspoulos for a minute.
12 Feb 2016, 16:43 PM

Paranoia is distorting your mind lol.
12 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I don't think thats a good idea. It would probably make USF chanceless VS okw .
12 Feb 2016, 17:08 PM

Sure, when USF gets their Mortar :D

12 Feb 2016, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 17:02 PMd0ggY

100% agree
Neo
12 Feb 2016, 17:30 PM

MG34 is weak enough that it wouldn't make too much of a difference. I think every faction should have a non-doctrinal suppression platform. After Kubel change, I think this makes sense.
12 Feb 2016, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 17:02 PMd0ggY

how so?
12 Feb 2016, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 17:30 PMNeo
MG34 is weak enough that it wouldn't make too much of a difference. I think every faction should have a non-doctrinal suppression platform. After Kubel change, I think this makes sense.

I think every factions should have rocket artillery, so it makes sense that US have calliope non-doc and UK have Land Mattress.

I also think every faction should have heavy tank. After all, it makes sense that Soviet should be able to purchase IS2 and USF can purchase Pershing.

Great right?

Who need commanders when you can have everything non-doctrine. Not to mention it's OKW, the faction that has least dependance on commanders.
12 Feb 2016, 18:00 PM

I wholeheartedly must confess that I don't understand why the MG34 is still a doctrinal unit. It makes no sense at all. If the Germans had one thing, it was an MG (34 or 42) everybloodywhere.
12 Feb 2016, 18:00 PM

I wholeheartedly must confess that I don't understand why the MG34 is still a doctrinal unit. It makes no sense at all. If the Germans had one thing, it was an MG (34 or 42) everybloodywhere.
12 Feb 2016, 18:03 PM

Soviets had shitload of PPSH and PTRS rifles for everyone.

There were ten tousands of T34/85s.

All doctrinal.

I guess this is how the faction is designed to work.

OKW is the only faction with such AT abundance right from T0, they have best handheld AT on one of most spammable squads in game, why they are special snowflake here as well?
12 Feb 2016, 18:03 PM

Your own fault for Posting this on the balance section. I wanted to write that we all should try to get some Distance and look at it from a gameplay perspective rather than balance, but you Decided it to be a balance issue by Posting it here..

Im saying that because it could open up some more diverstiy in the okw meta, instead of the exciting volks volks volks volks volks volks build. And we all know how much the community Loves volks. (But they dont want to add New non doc Basic units to allow more unit diverstiy, paradox)
12 Feb 2016, 18:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

how so?

Okay, let's imagine the opening -> 3 Volks 1 MG + the standart Sturmpio,, and USF only has Rifles. So the volks at no vet and riflemen at no vet don't really take much from each other, win is opened, but then you can still flank with the sturmpio and have a mg as support..from stock..yeah. Then you can even choose if you want a luchs or a flak halftrack, puma as a light vehicle and can block every flank and just dominate the area you want early game and play it down easy
12 Feb 2016, 19:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 18:08 PMd0ggY

Okay, let's imagine the opening -> 3 Volks 1 MG + the standart Sturmpio,, and USF only has Rifles. So the volks at no vet and riflemen at no vet don't really take much from each other, win is opened, but then you can still flank with the sturmpio and have a mg as support..from stock..yeah. Then you can even choose if you want a luchs or a flak halftrack, puma as a light vehicle and can block every flank and just dominate the area you want early game and play it down easy

They can already do this if they locked into a doctrine as the MG-34 comes at 1cp so if both players fight each other early on the MG-34 will likely hit the field before the first truck is established.

Anyways, MG-34 should be a stock unit and MG 42 should be doctrinal at 3cp. MG-34 gets unlocked at the HQ after any truck is placed down. People think it wrecks faction diversity, but honestly, every faction needs some sort of non-fuel based HMG suppression platform. And OKW would hardly be OP with it. They would just have an actual tool to control massed infantry that isn't their own.
12 Feb 2016, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 18:03 PMKatitof

Soviets had shitload of PPSH and PTRS rifles for everyone.

There were ten tousands of T34/85s.

All doctrinal.

I guess this is how the faction is designed to work.

OKW is the only faction with such AT abundance right from T0, they have best handheld AT on one of most spammable squads in game, why they are special snowflake here as well?

i made this thread with the full expectation that Relic will remove the pshreks from volks like they should have done two weeks after the WFA launch, looking back i should haven mentioned this. What will you have to say about the best handheld AT then? the whole reason volks get spammed is because there is no other real AT options that aren't fuel consuming vehicles! Don't say raketen, it really isn't strong enough in my opinion, especially without suppression to protect it from it's main weakness....infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★