Login

russian armor

[Patch] February

10 Feb 2016, 11:08 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Hello,

Kyle (I think) will talk today (Wednesday) about the February patch during the Twitch stream (http://www.twitch.tv/RelicEntertainment) at 11AM PST/7PM GMT.

Concerning official forum :
Forums are still TBD unfortunately but its looking like it might be closer to the end of Feb. Next update on Feb. 25th

Sources :

10 Feb 2016, 11:25 AM

Damn, i though they gonna beat out dust from the mattress
10 Feb 2016, 11:32 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Title corrected.
10 Feb 2016, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 11:32 AMYukiko
Title corrected.

Takk. :)
10 Feb 2016, 13:25 PM

News commanders ? Small balance adjustment ? Bug fixes ? In-game currency (Supply Points) ? In-game skin from War paint contest ? War Effort ? Return of Community Map Spotlight Rotation ?

What's your predictions ?
10 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM

I expect nothing big really. Will try not to get my hopes up, some maps would be nice tho.
10 Feb 2016, 13:42 PM

I wish some brit and usf nerf
10 Feb 2016, 13:53 PM

if they could give a little buff or change to the su 85 and penals so that sov is not that forced to play with callins that would be great
10 Feb 2016, 14:18 PM

its not that they're useless its just that the call in unit is strong and the tech units are good with the exception of penals.

And you don't really need to maxim spam and even if you do it just shows the other player is skilless in countering it. As shown in tournaments no one really dared to use it because of the risk that came with it. Except Barton's MG34 spam that was troll af lol. I usually like to do cons with maxims.
10 Feb 2016, 14:37 PM
Donator 11

News commanders ? Small balance adjustment ? Bug fixes ? In-game currency (Supply Points) ? In-game skin from War paint contest ? War Effort ? Return of Community Map Spotlight Rotation ?

What's your predictions ?

I would honestly be so happy if this happened.
I have so many extra commanders and bullitins, I wanna get rid of them for new skins.
The new commander is coming for sure and they said something about community map rotation coming "soon"TM
10 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM

Changing grenades so that they don't do half(25%!!!) damage to units in green cover when landing behind the squad in cover would be nice. The whole point of nades are to help infantry assault a position, and I feel this recent change lowers the skill ceiling and rewards players for doing less while making the unit in green cover much too powerful.

Also I heard that grenadier rifle nades ignore this aspect of the game, can anyone confirm this?
edit: just learned rifle nades act the same as any other explosive.

Still, the fact that now grenades only deal 25% damage is absurd, there's no reason to micro your units out of green cover now. What was the reason behind these changes?
10 Feb 2016, 14:55 PM

At least one commander, the tweet from Kyle :

#HYPE #TuneInTomorrowOnTwitch

A mattress

:crazy:

Source : https://twitter.com/companyheroes/status/697209601716932608
10 Feb 2016, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 14:47 PMGI Bane
Changing grenades so that they don't do half(25%!!!) damage to units in green cover when landing behind the squad in cover would be nice. The whole point of nades are to help infantry assault a position, and I feel this recent change lowers the skill ceiling and rewards players for doing less while making the unit in green cover much too powerful.

Also I heard that grenadier rifle nades ignore this aspect of the game, can anyone confirm this?
edit: just learned rifle nades act the same as any other explosive.

Still, the fact that now grenades only deal 25% damage is absurd, there's no reason to micro your units out of green cover now. What was the reason behind these changes?

good point, grenades are useally there to fight enemys in heavy cover. makes no sense.
10 Feb 2016, 16:31 PM

i think this will be another mediocre kyle gameplay and nothing else :D
10 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

good point, grenades are useally there to fight enemys in heavy cover. makes no sense.

Grenades do less damage in cover to reward players in cover and help weapon teams survive single grenades. The reduced damage provides an obvious play/counterplay option. Flush them out of green cover and you can blast them with nades, otherwise you need to think carefully about when to drop the nade.

This is slightly different in buildings where proximity is of critical importance and facing changes, as well as size of the building, also come into play.

Nades are for assisting in squad breakthroughs not to be 30 munitions hand nukes.
10 Feb 2016, 16:57 PM

Grenades do less damage in cover to reward players in cover and help weapon teams survive single grenades. The reduced damage provides an obvious play/counterplay option. Flush them out of green cover and you can blast them with nades, otherwise you need to think carefully about when to drop the nade.

This is slightly different in buildings where proximity is of critical importance and facing changes, as well as size of the building, also come into play.

Nades are for assisting in squad breakthroughs not to be 30 munitions hand nukes.

i cant agree with that. in vcoh grenades were the supposed counter to hugging cover. even in reallife grenades are the counter to heavy cover.

and how do you wanna flush a enemy out of cover without grenades? (if you say flamer/mortar now then you wont need nades at all anyway)

btw how many times do you see nade tech? i rarely see it because its just not viable with the heavy cover bonus for explosives.

cant agree with obv. play/counterplay, the biggest and easiest counterplay to nade is just to move back/sidewards, voila.
10 Feb 2016, 17:40 PM

i think this will be another mediocre kyle gameplay and nothing else :D

Probably. They are also gonna brag about ESL, and they won't release major changes/new content until they are done with the ESL, which I think is on late March.
10 Feb 2016, 18:14 PM

Okay, fair enough, but a 75% damage reduction still seems too steep. With the current mechanics a player using two rifle squads to assault an MG42 along the edges of its cone of fire won't do enough damage for 30 munitions to be worth the cost.

How about grenades thrown from the front of green cover do more damage the closer the assaulting squad is to the MG or squad in cover. This would simulate throwing accuracy improving as the assaulting squads approach the enemy position, and reward the attacking player for good timing and initiative. This would also make a multi prong frontal assault more viable for factions like Soviets or Ostheer who don't have ready access to smoke grenades. One squad will draw the MGs fire while the other closes as much as possible before letting loose. This way the defending player will have to be wary about closing squads and proactively reposition his MG. Regular squads in green cover will also have to be microed properly and the risk of leaving them in cover to eat a grenade would be too great.
10 Feb 2016, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 18:14 PMGI Bane

Okay, fair enough, but a 75% damage reduction still seems too steep. With the current mechanics a player using two rifle squads to assault an MG42 along the edges of its cone of fire won't do enough damage for 30 munitions to be worth the cost.

Who said it's 75% reduction?

All grenades have 50% reduction vs heavy cover and NO reduction vs garrison.
This is why riflenades/etc can instakill some garrisoned MG-team members instantly.

If you want to have NO reduction vs heavy cover, there would be no reason to use cover again; ever. The squad formation already punishes you for using cover by making all team-members bunch up (and thus make them a prime target for explosives).

Relic already trialed this between TBF release and the Leigfest patch, and it was a failure for the reasons I outlined.

PS: If you want to insta-gib an MG team that uses cover, you have to flank them first and THEN throw the grenade.

10 Feb 2016, 18:33 PM

If you want to have NO reduction vs heavy cover, there would be no reason to use cover again; ever.

That's where you're wrong - this actually would promote more skilled play. The good players dodge more nades. But the current damage modifier should only apply to other explosions, not infantry grenades. Problem solved.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★