Login

russian armor

Certain stealth issues (Commandos, JPIV, Luchs)

7 Feb 2016, 18:16 PM

1. Commandos Ambush bonus (+50% accuracy) is NOT applied to the entire squad; just the guys that fire first.

2. JP4 camouflage still messes with hitboxes, and allows allows the unit to dodge projectiles. Any ETA?

3. JP4 camo detection range vs P2 Luchs camo detection range

4. (edited to add) OKW Overwatch Doctrine Forward Receivers visual persists after OKW truck death

7 Feb 2016, 19:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Regarding number 3, i wouldn't mind if the range were swapped.
7 Feb 2016, 19:14 PM

Same, actually. 20 range is not really that useful for the Luchs; 10 range is simply ridiculous for the JP4.
8 Feb 2016, 06:04 AM

The JP4 is a lighter vehicle intended for mobile recon, therefore it gets better camouflage
8 Feb 2016, 06:14 AM

The JP4 is a lighter vehicle intended for mobile recon, therefore it gets better camouflage
JP4 is a tank destroyer intended for ambushing and destroying tanks, not for recon. Its current camouflage can be abused for avoiding shots
8 Feb 2016, 08:09 AM

I don't think you are reading the file correctly, when it comes to detection range...

As far as I know "detection range" is the range this units will detect enemy cloaked units and not the range they will be revealed themselves...

I am under the impression that cloak detection has only to do with the "range of detection" the unit searching has and not with any property the units being detected has...
8 Feb 2016, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 08:09 AMMyself
I don't think you are reading the file correctly, when it comes to detection range...

As far as I know "detection range" is the range this units will detect enemy cloaked units and not the range they will be revealed themselves...

I am under the impression that cloak detection has only to do with the "range of detection" the unit searching has and not with any property the units being detected has...

As I mentioned in my post, I don't know whether the values I posted are the correct ones.

However, I've tested this, and you need to be MUCH closser to the jp4 to detect it, than you need to be close to the luchs. I would say that the distance roughly cotresponds to the values I found, which is also why I posted them.

Other units' detection ranges:
- raketen: 10 (same as jp4)
- commandos: 5
- Snipers: 1 (I am guessing the ovserver's detection radius cones at play here)

All of these ranges seem to correspond to my actual experience with all of these units.
Only Relic postRelic 9 Feb 2016, 18:23 PM
Developer Relic Badge

1. Commandos Ambush bonus (+50% accuracy) is NOT applied to the entire squad; just the guys that fire first.

2. JP4 camouflage still messes with hitboxes, and allows allows the unit to dodge projectiles. Any ETA?

3. JP4 camo detection range vs P2 Luchs camo detection range

4. (edited to add) OKW Overwatch Doctrine Forward Receivers visual persists after OKW truck death

1. This issue is in our database, Sorry No ETA on it yet.
2. This issue is in our database, Sorry No ETA on it yet.
3. I think this might be a text issue, I believe the abilities are supposed to be different. Added Issue to our database
4. This is a known issue. It's a UI only Issue. Wrecks don't detect enemies in the Fog of War.

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment