Login

russian armor

When are they Going to Fix American Pop Cap Exploit?

7 Feb 2016, 04:12 AM

Seriously, it makes the game a joke when americans can have 8 tanks and 6 squads of infantry. Especially in teams games when multiple players do it
7 Feb 2016, 04:20 AM

The pop cap is a intended feature. I dont have any problems with this feature. It can be annoying in team games but thats what team games are about mainly, annoying the other opponent with bs.

When playing 1v1, I dont understand how this is a issue. I rarely see it (if not ever) used in a 1v1 match.

P.s Be thankful USF cant spam pershings.
7 Feb 2016, 04:22 AM

I don't believe it is an exploit. Seems to me it is intended so that USF has a snow balls chance in hell late game.
7 Feb 2016, 04:37 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I love USF crews. Fucking gr8.
7 Feb 2016, 05:00 AM

Intended feature to go over the pop cap?! What a joke.

Considering how long it has been in, you must be right. But it is dumb. If they want to make it a feature they should make it less exploitable. You go over by 10 or so, fine, but any more and you starting have income penalties or a real hard cap over that.

I honestly think it is a bug they simpley don't have a good way to fix.
7 Feb 2016, 06:06 AM

I honestly think it is a bug they simpley don't have a good way to fix.

There are easy ways to fix it, Relic just chooses not to implement it-- because AFAIK it is intended. All they'd have to do is make it so that when a crew dismounts a vehicle, rather than abandoning it like they do currently, it just makes the vehicle immobilized and unable to fire its weapon as it spawns the "stored" crew outside the vehicle. Then, the right-click "default" ability of the crew is to climb back in (with a requirement that the vehicle currently be "dismounted," triggered by the existence of an entity upgrade that says it's dismounted), whereby they're placed back in the vehicle.
7 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 06:06 AMeebies

There are easy ways to fix it, Relic just chooses not to implement it-- because AFAIK it is intended. All they'd have to do is make it so that when a crew dismounts a vehicle, rather than abandoning it like they do currently, it just makes the vehicle immobilized and unable to fire its weapon as it spawns the "stored" crew outside the vehicle. Then, the right-click "default" ability of the crew is to climb back in (with a requirement that the vehicle currently be "dismounted," triggered by the existence of an entity upgrade that says it's dismounted), whereby they're placed back in the vehicle.

While that might work with vehicle crews, it becomes a coding nightmare for all other factions capping the vehicles. So it would basically mean that they'd remove the ability to steal unmanned USF vehicles and that would in turn remove any kind of risk factor for exiting out of them in combat so you'd be able to abuse crit repair even more.

If you don't care about consistency, and Relic certainly doesn't seem to, just creating two different tiers of vehicle crews (the current 4 pop one for light vehicles, and one with 9 popcast cost for medium/heavy ones) would remove most of the popcap gains. Sure the murican can kill off the crews and reman with REs, but do you really care about that?

That said I don't believe this issue really needs any kind of fix.
7 Feb 2016, 09:26 AM

Just make higher value of population for crew unit, so disembarking at 99/100 gives you 106/100 so on. It had to be done long ago if Relic wanted.
7 Feb 2016, 09:30 AM

I want to spam my CalliOPes till death :foreveralone:

I rememeber long ling time ago (maybe on the alpha forum?) that they are looking on this.
But in the end they could not fix it without taking away crew mechanic so it became "intended" but it was long time ago and Im not sure about it.

____
Maybe attach pop cap to the crew, not to the tank?
7 Feb 2016, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 09:01 AMCruzz
That said I don't believe this issue really needs any kind of fix.

7 Feb 2016, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 09:01 AMCruzz

While that might work with vehicle crews, it becomes a coding nightmare for all other factions capping the vehicles.

It would take a little bit of code, but I don't think it would be a nightmare. You'd run a target validation on the entity. If the entity has a 'currently decrewed' upgrade, and ownership is enemy (edit: or ally), performing the action on it to 'recrew' it would simply remove the # of crew members from the capturing squad, change ownership to Self and remove the 'currently decrewed' entity upgrade.

Hell, most of the code is already there in recrewing abandoned vehicles. All it would need is a validation check and a slightly different set of actions performed.

But agreed it's really not an issue.
7 Feb 2016, 09:57 AM

I came to this topic only to see this :D
7 Feb 2016, 10:19 AM

Never, because they said about 1.000.000 times its intended.

@Obersoldat

I hope you do realize that is not possible, unless you're fighting against some of the biggest scrubs in coh2 world.
7 Feb 2016, 10:40 AM
Donator 11

Easy fix = Just make the cooldown stop when you exit the vehicle.
7 Feb 2016, 13:39 PM

It's somehow their own fault for adding such a big feature for one faction only. You know... Germans could also leave tanks and I think soviet tanks are also filled with humans.
7 Feb 2016, 14:21 PM
Donator 22

the good think is when you have inf + At guns and 3 CalliOps, you can get even more CalliOPs :sibHyena:
7 Feb 2016, 15:46 PM

It's somehow their own fault for adding such a big feature for one faction only. You know... Germans could also leave tanks and I think soviet tanks are also filled with humans.

Lol, they proberbly did, but this feature might also be made to resemble the way USA fought it the war. Just trow alot of inferieur armor at the Germans and beat them by numbers instead of strenght. Germans never where able to roll out that much armor, but then again, like in the game, their tanks where not made out of paper :jk:.
7 Feb 2016, 15:59 PM

Lol, they proberbly did, but this feature might also be made to resemble the way USA fought it the war. Just trow alot of inferieur armor at the Germans and beat them by numbers instead of strenght. Germans never where able to roll out that much armor, but then again, like in the game, their tanks where not made out of paper :jk:.

That would fit even more for the soviets :snfPeter:
7 Feb 2016, 16:46 PM

That would fit even more for the soviets :snfPeter:

Indeed it would, that's why I liked the soviet industry (realistic), but ofcourse that was deemed OP....
7 Feb 2016, 19:47 PM

German tank crews in 44-45 didn't know how to repair their own tanks and didn't recieve infantry combat training. American tank crews did.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight