Login

russian armor

Things relic just keeps ignoring

5 Feb 2016, 05:10 AM

The only thing Relic ignores are whine threads

Do you have any lotion on you?:romeoHype:
5 Feb 2016, 06:14 AM

Oh boy. Here we go. everyone will just shout 'l2p' and claim that they are right without rebbuting the central points.

5 Feb 2016, 06:32 AM

Oh boy. Here we go. everyone will just shout 'l2p' and claim that they are right without rebbuting the central points.

me and vonivan destroyed you in 4v4 today Kappa Was expecting another balance thread after that I guess not. Keepo. Ostheer Mortar Spam OP MingLee
5 Feb 2016, 07:24 AM

The only thing Relic ignores are whine threads

i hope so

if not... we are lost
5 Feb 2016, 08:20 AM

PW is fine. T34 if it is to remain in T4 its price needs to be changed to 60FU/260MP.

The PW really isn't fine, the suppression is just way too much imo, your squad gets pinned as soon as one of the models die to the PW rockets and then you just get run over by all of his inf, that's the issue

The only thing with T-34/76 is that it comes on the field way too late, if you could get it at 10 minutes easily it would be fine, but right now it takes like 12-14 minutes to hit the field, at that time there will be a PzIV on the field, even a panther if your opponent(s) is/are dropping fuel.
5 Feb 2016, 08:54 AM

Dude, there are no central points. You stated some advantageous axis characteristics. That's all. And crucially, you were blind to their disadvantageous characteristics, which are plentiful. So really there is nothing in your bullet points to discuss. The larger problem is your overall conclusion (axis OP) which is a naive opinion, to be frank, given how you present your "evidence", and runs contrary to the statistical proof available.
5 Feb 2016, 08:56 AM

me and vonivan destroyed you in 4v4 today Kappa Was expecting another balance thread after that I guess not. Keepo. Ostheer Mortar Spam OP MingLee

I have no idea what you are saying. Your post is just gibberish.
5 Feb 2016, 09:12 AM

What's up with those heavy biased whine threads at the moment?
Relic should really open the forums again. All those guys that made them so awful are coming over to CoH2.org.
5 Feb 2016, 09:37 AM

T1 is the cost for panzerfaust. OKW is getting side-teching costs soon and I dont know whats up with the rifleman AT Nade vet 1 thing, relic vigorously said they wont change it. The Katyusha and Panzerwerfer thing is an asymmetrical thing or something like that. Those other stuff are not issues except conscripts and the wehr sniper thing you mentioned.

why differences between pee-werfer and katy are asymmentrical balance, but when talking about calliop-pee-werfer conclussion is that calli is OP????

just asking....I would think that as OST has quite more defensive capabilities than SU, the faction with better rocket arty to disloge hard defended points should be SU, but it seems it is not.

In this same way, I get why maxim has less arc of fire and better setup times, as it is oriented to the offensive while mg-42 has better arc and quite worse setups times as it is a more defensive tool...

5 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM

IMO only problem with soviets is powercreep.
They have quite a few units that have just fallen out of use/nerfed, still leaving them with restricted tech and commander choices

Units like artillery pieces, T-34-76, penals, Katyusha.
An opposite example though is the Su-76. When it was buffed from tier 4 to 3 it became worth building.
5 Feb 2016, 20:49 PM

Is this confirmed pls?

Sort of. They're looking in to it
5 Feb 2016, 21:06 PM

OKW flame nades have to be better because they have to contend with the Maxim, best HMG in game that comes before first minute. Molotovs are CHEAPER, Cons can sprint, and have at nade...

Wehrmacht Faust isn't free, it's included in T1 cost. They need early Faust because of early allied vehicles like m20 m3 uc etc

Soviets have better light vehicles and more mobile support weapons to balance out their crappy nondoctrinal t34. ANYWAY, if opponent goes Panther don't build the unit the Panther is designed to counter

OKW flak is annoying...but their tanks are expensive, and the faction doesn't have long range Pak, MG, or indirect...HMG play and indirect fire punishes them so hard that their earlier armor doesn't matter (against USF it's annoying but .50 cal + shermans/Stuarts/Howie can shut the blobs down

Panzerfusilers have 6 men..and? Just build the hard counter dude, HMG or elite shock infantry like paratrooper or Soviet elite. G43 upgrade is one less shrek, if they afford shreks and g43s before you get tanks out your not applying enough pressure as Soviet or USF.

Soviet sniper is better at killing other snipers/high end infantry, Ost sniper is best at holding line against basic troops, UKF sniper is anti-vehicle support and can call in arty.

cons purpose are not as core troop like grenadier or rifle, they are a utility type unit that flank and harass. Use snipers, maxims and vehicles with guards to hold the Soviet late game map center

All in all you just need to look at balance from every angle and improve

5 Feb 2016, 21:20 PM

Your post is really biased, but here goes:

1.Panzerwerfer is OP and also pins, but katyusha barely does damage and fires very slowly, also the katyusha doesn't pin and costs practically the same.

I agree, panzerwerfer needs nerfs, as with CalliOP

2.OKW gets free flame nades, Soviets have to research the slow-throwing molotov

What needs to change: either put a timer on the nade, makes OKW have to buy them, or both

3.Wehrmacht gets free panzerfaust, Soviets have to research AT nades and riflemen have to wait until vet 1

I think this one's alright, since Wehrmacht has no light vehicles that can directly counter allied ones

4. T-34/76 is in the same tier as panther, seriously?

Yup T-34/76 is shit and probably will always be

5.OKW can build all their armor in their second halftrack deployment, Wehr has to research, Soviets have to build all the vay for their weak tanks, Brits also need a lot of teching. And no other faction's Tank-producing building can lock down a teritory and serve as AA.

I also don't like how OKW's tier 4 building can easily lockdown areas of the map and get free AA. Reduce penetration, and remove AA ability, I say.

6.Panzerfusiliers are the only 6-man squad besides ostruppen, but they become elite infantry once they get G43. Also AT rifle nades.

Shocks, Guards, Conscripts?

7.Wehr sniper has the same HP as Soviet sniper, which is a two man squad. Soviet snnipers are just a MP sink, worse accuracy, and very weak.

Soviet snipers don't suck, Soviet T1 building does

8.Conscripts are the only infantry without a non doctrinal weapon. They are useless in late game because of this.

Conscripts aren't useless late game, just don't scale as well as other infantry. I say let them upgrade to DP-28s once you tech tier 4.

5 Feb 2016, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 21:20 PMF1sh
Conscripts aren't useless late game, just don't scale as well as other infantry. I say let them upgrade to DP-28s once you tech tier 4.

Huh, why not after calling IS2 or ISU152?

I think this one's alright, since Wehrmacht has no light vehicles that can directly counter allied ones

Double 222 can counter even soviet T3.
5 Feb 2016, 21:36 PM

Replay pls of a high skilled Match were 222s counter soviet T3.
5 Feb 2016, 21:54 PM

That's true, except for maybe T-70. I don't know why the 222 has such high penetration.
5 Feb 2016, 22:21 PM

OKW flame nades have to be better because they have to contend with the Maxim, best HMG in game that comes before first minute. Molotovs are CHEAPER, Cons can sprint, and have at nade...

uhh... best HMG in game? i beg to differ. Why do I see players trying to steal MG42s and Vickers instead of Maxim? Molotovs and AT nade are locked behind 2 separate side costs....

Wehrmacht Faust isn't free, it's included in T1 cost. They need early Faust because of early allied vehicles like m20 m3 uc etc

It's free in the sense that you're going to tech regardless. You're not going to play T0 all game are you?

Soviets have better light vehicles and more mobile support weapons to balance out their crappy nondoctrinal t34. ANYWAY, if opponent goes Panther don't build the unit the Panther is designed to counter

i'd say mortar halftrack and pinpoint accurate mortars with higher RoF (that got nerfed a bit) is pretty good mobile support weapons. This doesn't include the 250 halftracks

OKW flak is annoying...but their tanks are expensive, and the faction doesn't have long range Pak, MG, or indirect...HMG play and indirect fire punishes them so hard that their earlier armor doesn't matter (against USF it's annoying but .50 cal + shermans/Stuarts/Howie can shut the blobs down

OKW flak isn't just annoying, it locks down entire areas for long durations especially early game.

Panzerfusilers have 6 men..and? Just build the hard counter dude, HMG or elite shock infantry like paratrooper or Soviet elite. G43 upgrade is one less shrek, if they afford shreks and g43s before you get tanks out your not applying enough pressure as Soviet or USF.

Soviet sniper is better at killing other snipers/high end infantry, Ost sniper is best at holding line against basic troops, UKF sniper is anti-vehicle support and can call in arty.

Soviet snipers are NOT better at killing other snipers. They just have a higher survivability in counter-snipe situations. OST sniper can survive a mortar to the head. My 3 vet SOV sniper is an instant squad wipe against a mortar round. OST sniper has the highest recloak time and RoF. OST sniper doesn't differentiate between basic infantry and elite troops. A snipe is a snipe... UKF anti-vehicle support... when's the last time you saw someone build the UKF sniper to counter a vehicle? Arty? please tell me you've used the 25 pounder base howitzers... please look at all the threads people have created for them. waste of munitions.

cons purpose are not as core troop like grenadier or rifle, they are a utility type unit that flank and harass. Use snipers, maxims and vehicles with guards to hold the Soviet late game map center

All in all you just need to look at balance from every angle and improve

Yes, that includes you and me as well. SOV T1 useless. OP AEC. OP Calliope. OP Panzerwerfer. OP Flak track.

Medic HQ that can survive 200-250 muni off map artillery.

I disagree with most of the posts from the OP. It seems he's just whining. However, your counter argument is... not very strong so I felt compelled to reply.
6 Feb 2016, 01:27 AM

Faust is free, it does not require research or teching. The rifle nade and lmg42 are granted by battlephase 1. Just thought this should be clarified ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1
United Kingdom 169
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak