Login

russian armor

shreck snipes

4 Feb 2016, 20:23 PM

thats what title says. More than sniping, one shot take more than one model. It happens much and become annoying. Almost every game to me.
4 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM

Are you talking about the accuracy of shrecks vs infantry?
4 Feb 2016, 20:26 PM

thats what title says. More than sniping, one shot take more than one model. It happens much and become annoying. Almost every game to me.

yep me to!

and funny thing is, vols with screeks are less good in ai role than conscripts at paper calcululation.

but becouse of schreks sniping it a whole new story ingame
4 Feb 2016, 20:28 PM

Same issue with Bazookas and, differently, PIATS. Don't really know why this is always anti-axis...

i dont know man i will upload replay here soon. Once wiped my full health shocks when i was tried to trap them with true sight, 2 shreck volks squad came across and squad gone. Yeh i understand you will ask the replay of that too but i thought it was last of that.

he is talking about volks schreek killing with 1 shoot models of a enemy squad
4 Feb 2016, 20:30 PM

Same issue with Bazookas and, differently, PIATS. Don't really know why this is always anti-axis...

believe me nothing about faction when i creted the topic. just what happened to me.
4 Feb 2016, 20:30 PM

I have watched a PIAT hit a squad of spios and volksgrens bundled up in a space the size of the center of a capture point 8 times and do no damage.
4 Feb 2016, 20:34 PM

OP is talking about this I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxEAYSJgyQ

Its largely due to squad bunching AND then a lucky RNG model snipe but due to the bunching the AOE wipes the squad (you see in the video 6 con models get killed). I've had this happen to me too - mostly when exiting buildings.

Its terribly unlucky but I don't think there is much Relic can do seeing how they they already reduced Zook/Shrek accuracy vs. Infantry.
4 Feb 2016, 20:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

On a vet0 with no positive nor negative RA unit:
Vet 0: 0.03/0.07 for shcreck and 0.03/0.06 for zook

Volks at Vet 4 get 0.045/0.105 if we don't account for the victims size or RA.

We could say on average, there's a 5% chance to get hit dead on by a shcreck/zook. Higher number of draws (shots), higher chance to see it happen in game. You are seeing more shcreck snipes as it's usual to upgrade Volks with them in comparison to zooks.

4 Feb 2016, 22:16 PM

I have watched a PIAT hit a squad of spios and volksgrens bundled up in a space the size of the center of a capture point 8 times and do no damage.

PIATS can snipe models too. Just not as "reliable" as Schrecks and Zooks. But masses of sections with double PIATS wreck infantry as well. And can shoot over sight blockers.
4 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Easiest fix: make handheld AT deal 50-75% less damage against infantry to prevent snipes at full. We have target tables so why not use them?
5 Feb 2016, 00:36 AM

Easiest fix: make handheld AT deal 50-75% less damage against infantry to prevent snipes at full. We have target tables so why not use them?

The damage AI is already so low, and model snipes are such a rare occurence, at least in my experience. Reducing AI effectiveness would work, but leave that squad with basically 4 members. They should either make it able so you can de-equip shrecks, like sturm mine detector, or have each weapon target independently. For example, when a vehicle is in range, the infantry would continue firing at squads while the shreck targeted the vehicle.
5 Feb 2016, 07:52 AM
Patrion 14

The damage AI is already so low, and model snipes are such a rare occurence, at least in my experience. Reducing AI effectiveness would work, but leave that squad with basically 4 members. They should either make it able so you can de-equip shrecks, like sturm mine detector, or have each weapon target independently. For example, when a vehicle is in range, the infantry would continue firing at squads while the shreck targeted the vehicle.

But that's the whole point. Going for at is a downgrade to AI, and you have to make a decision.
5 Feb 2016, 08:11 AM

But that's the whole point. Going for at is a downgrade to AI, and you have to make a decision.

Yeah, I understand it's a downgrade. However we can solve this problem through creating a weapon toggle button, or independent targeting.
5 Feb 2016, 11:01 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah, I understand it's a downgrade. However we can solve this problem through creating a weapon toggle button, or independent targeting.

But why? This game needs more decisions, not less. At weapons shouldn't harm infantry, and giving infantry the option to not use them makes at upgrades brainless and dull.
5 Feb 2016, 11:21 AM

Toggle button would be really bad. Look @ the ardennes campain, how OP the rangers got with the bazooka toggle...
5 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

But why? This game needs more decisions, not less. At weapons shouldn't harm infantry, and giving infantry the option to not use them makes at upgrades brainless and dull.

But I'm suggesting more decisions...:mellow:

At weapons are already nearly useless AI, removing the last bit they have really won't change much. Even then, I don't understand how that would be "brainless" and "dull".
5 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

Toggle button would be really bad. Look @ the ardennes campain, how OP the rangers got with the bazooka toggle...

Nobody complains about the Ardennes campaign, let alone the rangers dude. :D
5 Feb 2016, 16:46 PM

Nobody complains about the Ardennes campaign, let alone the rangers dude. :D

Lol, I love them there to, but online they would be to OP and axis would have another thing to complain about :p:jk:.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★