Login

russian armor

shreck snipes

5 Feb 2016, 17:10 PM

But I'm suggesting more decisions...:mellow:

At weapons are already nearly useless AI, removing the last bit they have really won't change much. Even then, I don't understand how that would be "brainless" and "dull".

Its brainless because there would be 0 downside to upgrades and just encourage death blobs even more so than we see today.

Think about it - you would have no reason not to spam PZGren Shrek Upgrades. Just keep them toggled off until you see a tank, mass toggle them on and then just 1 volley the tank and then go about your business.
5 Feb 2016, 19:24 PM

Agreed that snipes with Shreks are too frequent still. This should downgrade volks AI considerably. As it is, it already destroys cover on misses, keeps tanks at bay, and gives occasional snipes on models. There is literally never a point at which the Shrek is not a straight upgrade, the point should be a decision about whether you need it or not.

Course this is if Volks are to even keep shreks...(crossed fingers).
5 Feb 2016, 19:28 PM

Lol, I love them there to, but online they would be to OP and axis would have another thing to complain about :p:jk:.

They would definitely, but that's what makes the campaign fun and worth buying, the amount of power you possess. :thumb:
5 Feb 2016, 19:31 PM

Its brainless because there would be 0 downside to upgrades and just encourage death blobs even more so than we see today.

Think about it - you would have no reason not to spam PZGren Shrek Upgrades. Just keep them toggled off until you see a tank, mass toggle them on and then just 1 volley the tank and then go about your business.

Fair enough, but what about them right now? Once you give them two bloody shrecks, they become nigh useless against anything except for vehicles, which limits utility.

So, the question here really is should upgrades actually be "upgrades", or simply specializations, because that's what they are right now. Even then, I would be happy with that, all factions could do it, not just the Wehrmacht. Wouldn't it add some tactical utility and depth to the game?
5 Feb 2016, 19:41 PM

Fair enough, but what about them right now? Once you give them two bloody shrecks, they become nigh useless against anything except for vehicles, which limits utility.

So, the question here really is should upgrades actually be "upgrades", or simply specializations, because that's what they are right now. Even then, I would be happy with that, all factions could do it, not just the Wehrmacht. Wouldn't it add some tactical utility and depth to the game?

Fine with me, wouldn't do much for the UKF. Brens would never be put away and PIAT's are a useless upgrade as they can't hit sh*t. Maby Boys AT rifle toggle...
5 Feb 2016, 20:08 PM

Fine with me, wouldn't do much for the UKF. Brens would never be put away and PIAT's are a useless upgrade as they can't hit sh*t. Maby Boys AT rifle toggle...

Constructive discussions :thumbsup:
5 Feb 2016, 20:30 PM

That's pretty much how it is now.

Double PIATs or Double Zooks and that equipped infantry takes a similar AI hit. Shrek Volks are more or less the same deal (except the AI hit isn't really noticeable, and we all know how much everyone loves Volk shrek blobs). Only exception is Soviets unless you count the now useless Tank Hunter Tactics. I fail to see how giving every faction their own version of a Volk Shrek blob would result in gameplay depth, just all the cancer.

Maybe maaaaaybe if there was some kind of ISU-152 10 second delay style added to the toggle it might be okay.

5 Feb 2016, 21:53 PM

Just take away every handheld AT from every baseline infantry and add New special AT squads ( take PzGrens with double shreks as a balance goal).
5 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

accuracy on infantry need a small tone down on all handheld AT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak