Login

russian armor

OKW, the only faction with constant cloak

4 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM

OKW got all this very good abilities for a very specific reason. They had resource penalties

Incorrect assumption. Also could you please explain why okw is doing so bad when it's so OP?
4 Feb 2016, 21:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1-JPIV cautious movement should match P2 detection range. I should check files but i feel there's a big difference here.

2-Rak is fine.

>But rak doesn't get movement penalty after vet1 in comparison to slow AT gun ambush tactics.
>>Well that's part of it's veterancy bonus. Zis get awesome tracking :foreveralone:

>Cloak gives it increased survivability!
>>IIRC the crew doesn't get green cover protection as other AT guns.

>But rak get's retreat!
>>Rak has lower range (50) till vet4 (gl with that) and can't maneuver as other AT guns (no reverse maneuver*)

*Clarification: the actual button.
4 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM

Raketens do have reverse, stop lying.
4 Feb 2016, 21:37 PM

No force reverse button. I think if you hit 'R' something entirely different happens.
4 Feb 2016, 21:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I really think that this is unfair and also gives a very strong faction a lot more power.
Rakettens and JP (and maybe also other units, not sure) can always be cloaked, even in red cover.

Let the "conversation" begin :D

So raketen range is lower than sight range of all vehicles, without it raketen would be useless again
4 Feb 2016, 22:00 PM
Patrion 14

It should get decloaked earlier or something then, squads have to stand way to close to decloak. How can you counterplay a raketten when you can't even scout it. Raketten reload is great as well, the ability to retreat and being able to enter buildings is reason enough for the lower range. Not to mention the price and veterancy.

4 Feb 2016, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 20:25 PMDomine

Incorrect assumption. Also could you please explain why okw is doing so bad when it's so OP?

In all my post in this thread, where did you see that i wrote that OKW is OP?

4 Feb 2016, 22:43 PM

At vet 2 or 3 it gets the same range as a normal AT gun. With vet the reketen is a super good AT platform.

If only the crew were kept alive that long for many people :D
4 Feb 2016, 23:21 PM

JP4 cloack should not give it no harm cloack. Raketten is fine.
5 Feb 2016, 04:48 AM

this is a straight up lie. OKW crews for some reason are way more durable than from any other
factions. LeIG crews are the worst offenders, they just shrug off small arms fire and grenades like they were firecrackers.

lately I found out that as a allied player I go 100% of times after the raketen for stealing purposes. I remember the last time I used one in 1v1 and I killed a KT with one raketen+ at nade, since the raketen penetrated EVERY shot. Right now they are just better than the PaK because of damage, mobility, stealth and retreat. And you can even put them on houses! oh wow.

Any stats to back up those claims? I've never seen anything that implies OKW crews are significantly more durable than usual myself. I know Soviets crews are the most vulnerable because they are 6 men, but I've never experienced any hardship killing OKW crews. Indeed, the lack of cover provided by the AT gun itself to the Raketen crew makes it fairly fragile from the front, which is what justifies its ability to retreat.

Likewise, I know for a fact Raketen doesn't have the stats to penetrate the frontal armor of a KT reliably. If memory serves, it has about 50% chance in fact. You benefited once from lucky RNG and a stupid opponent who did not support his KT; this a balance issue it does not indicate.

I mean, if you're going to accuse people of simply lying, the most common courtesy is to provide facts that counter their claims, not declare your own experience invalidate theirs and basta.
5 Feb 2016, 04:54 AM

1-JPIV cautious movement should match P2 detection range.

+1
5 Feb 2016, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 21:39 PMd0ggY

So raketen range is lower than sight range of all vehicles, without it raketen would be useless again

Vehicle sight range for EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE EXCEPT FOR SCOUT CARS=35.

Puppchen range=50.

Bullshit level generated by you=over 9000.

Hard stats>random bs claims.
5 Feb 2016, 08:37 AM

The JP4 has some busted stealth that needs fixing.

If the Raket was easier to detect I'd be fine with it. Right now it's stupid you have to be point blank to find it. Makes scouting against it impossible and further encourages certain commanders(Scout planes).
5 Feb 2016, 08:55 AM

This is balanced by Raketens having low range and DPS compared to other AT guns, and JP4 being the most expensive non-superheavy TD.

I know I'm being pedantic but I have to point out that the Firefly is the most expensive non-heavy tank destroyer (yet arguably inferior in comparison without tulips) at 440 mp / 155 fuel. The Jagpanzer 4 is only 400 mp / 135 fuel.

Sorry, I have to pipe up when people make demonstratively false statements.
5 Feb 2016, 15:05 PM

I know I'm being pedantic but I have to point out that the Firefly is the most expensive non-heavy tank destroyer (yet arguably inferior in comparison without tulips) at 440 mp / 155 fuel. The Jagpanzer 4 is only 400 mp / 135 fuel.

Sorry, I have to pipe up when people make demonstratively false statements.

OK, yeah, I should have added turretless TD.

Uhu
5 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

I usually play allies. I think the cloaking ability is fine.

If there were to be any changes, maybe negating or reducing the effectiveness of the JP4's cloaking ability only if it is heavily damaged/engine critical?
5 Feb 2016, 23:30 PM

Katitof rubbing the truth in as usual :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %