Login

russian armor

Why would anyone even join the military?!?

• This thread is locked
2 Feb 2016, 20:51 PM

I was watching a movie on WW II and the landing on D-day and war is absolutely terrible. The boats hit the beaches and literally as soon as the door opened everyone on the boat was freakin killed from machine guns it's like they didn't even have a freaking chance to get off of the boat. Then as more boats came to the shore they had to jump off the sides because they would just die then people were being shot in the water and drowning. Then when they got on the beaches people were being shot and a man got blown up and his legs flew off and blood stretched across the air and he landed and was dead. Then one of the boats that hit the beach was on fire and soldiers were running off the boat on fire and being shot at. Those are Americans right there it's terrible. Then at one part someone took off his helmet and he got shot in the head then the medic ran over and he got shot up in the back and blood splattered across the sand and a soldier carrying a flamethrower blew up and everyone caught on fire. Then in this game too like jeez, the campaign was brutal. I mean I know the Soviets were supposed to be really harsh and stuff but they set the houses on fire with the people still in them!!! Did that really happen? And then they shot the german prisoners in the fountain and that made me feel really bad like they just gave up why are we gonna shoot them now? And even just the normal gameplay is really violent with hundreds of deaths and you can see all the guys limbs flying after a big artillery shot How can anyone sign up to do that in real life it's horrible man it's just so bad.
2 Feb 2016, 20:55 PM

did you just discover war or something?
2 Feb 2016, 20:57 PM

No idea. Murdering people as a job doesn't sound fun

However i do think alot of them got drafted and didn't have a choice if we are talking WW2, Korea and Vietnam
2 Feb 2016, 21:01 PM

Someone just watched Saving Private Ryan :clap:
2 Feb 2016, 21:03 PM

2 Feb 2016, 21:06 PM
Benefactor 392

That's just war for you.
2 Feb 2016, 21:08 PM

because i have go to prison or civil service glhf
regards finland
2 Feb 2016, 21:10 PM

One of the things millenials in western countries will never understand.

Also many were drafted and didint volunteer
2 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM

D-day was nothing.
Just imagine that during battle between Rome and Carthage at Kannes - 70 000 died in few hours.
Or battle between Rome and Huns (Catalaunian Plains). There were some many dead bodies that ground had turned into mud because of amount of blood.
2 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

to protect and serve
2 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

Just to get their balls shot Kappa
2 Feb 2016, 21:33 PM
Donator 22

Well, in WWII the peer pressure was immense. Basically, in the United States if you didn't immediately volunteer for the military after Pearl Harbor you were somewhat outcast as a coward. Today, things are much different but in those days it was VERY serious. There was an interview in Band of Brothers where the former soldier describes 4 guys who committed suicide in his town for being rejected for service due to being 4-F.
2 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM

D-day was nothing.
Just imagine that during battle between Rome and Carthage at Kannes - 70 000 died in few hours.
Or battle between Rome and Huns (Catalaunian Plains). There were some many dead bodies that ground had turned into mud because of amount of blood.

Oh jeez that made me feel queasy just thinking about that Is that why they have the blood skins with the Roman descriptions on them?
2 Feb 2016, 21:53 PM

Oh jeez that made me feel queasy just thinking about that Is that why they have the blood skins with the Roman descriptions on them?

It was part of them last year Make love not war event.

Sure that during WWs more people died during battles but it took weeks/months. You won't find more bloody battle in modern histroy where 70 000 die in few hours.
2 Feb 2016, 22:06 PM

I don't think war horror stories is a good thing for this forum.

LOCKED.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L