Login

russian armor

Sov vs OKW: Broken Match up

1 Feb 2016, 10:39 AM

What zarok said basically.

With maxim spam you can beat OKW quite easily.

Without maxims you are going to be screwed.

Problem is that maxims are a must. You cant go without them unless you use 1 doctrine and use DSHK. Your infantry just can't fight OKW infantry cost effectivelly.

If you try fightning you will just eventually get outspammed and blobbed to death.

You can still do fun strats as soviets , althought much less than before after they essentially eradicated T1 by nerfing everything it had and doing nothing to compensate.
1 Feb 2016, 11:08 AM

And that's the point.

If crew weapon has to play role of your core infantry, that shows how much this design is fucked.

Add incendiary nades, death loop and one misteake can cost you a game.
aaa
1 Feb 2016, 11:32 AM

its strange to see this as a question. Not only some matchup. Most of this stupid game is broken. One must be really idiot to play it.
Difference between same unit types 3485-p4 or katy-stuka is 500mp/100f.
What they were thinking when they removed resource penalty from a faction that basicaly doesnt pay for tech.

Maybe they wanted to give them more units to keep up with USF which gets a 2 free squads on teching. And in genereal USF echelons actually fight unlike sov CE who spend a lot of time on the base, building shit and planting mines but doesnt fight ussualy.
13 popcap for mortar esists for ages now. They dont care, i doubt that they even play this trash game themselves
aaa
1 Feb 2016, 11:46 AM

Two or three Snipers into Guards used to be pretty popular. Is that still viable?

That said, I agree that the OKW is advantaged against Soviets - although Soviets boast higher win rates in 1v1. Main problem is still the Panzershreck blob imo.

3 snipers into guards. rofl 3x360 + Nx330. Asuming before 2 cp you would have only snipers. winrate from coh2chart is lie i think.
1 Feb 2016, 12:06 PM

I thought this thread is talking about Maxim spam being uncounterable as OKW.
1 Feb 2016, 12:10 PM

Spam maxims, fast tech to t3, get a light vehicle (preferrably luchs)
That breaks okw.

Zarok... :snfBarton:
1 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

I thought this thread is talking about Maxim spam being uncounterable as OKW.
1 Feb 2016, 13:21 PM

I thought this thread is talking about volks spam being uncounterable as SU.
1 Feb 2016, 13:46 PM
Donator 22

I thought this thread is talking about volks spam being uncounterable as SU.

if there are too many volks, you need more maxims :D

And siuking666 btw. Im not using any maphack, i used signal relay :spam:
If you remember the game from the weekend :hansRAGE:
1 Feb 2016, 14:58 PM

Maximspam requires micro now?

i've been playing with maxims the wrong way all this time :foreveralone:

@OP
Spam maxims, fast tech to t3, get a light vehicle (preferrably luchs)
That breaks okw.

Without maxims/dhsk, well you're gonna have a bad time.
With it tho, it's a snorefest.

Lol?! are you taking his quote of context? MGs require more micro then mobile main infantry because they require pack up time and has the smallest suppression field width-wise.

Spam maxims and build a luchs? What is this? OKW/SOV hybrid? Am I playing this game wrong? Is there a commander where I can call in a borrowed Luchs from OKW?

Yes, shrek spam is equally snorefest
1 Feb 2016, 15:04 PM

What urban maps in 1v1? Sturzdorf?
veto it.
La Gleize Breakcout?
veto it.

Unless if your strat is to spam shocks/cons w/ ppsh, you're going to have a tough time with maxims. Every faction has a tough time in urban maps because the time required to move units out of danger is dramatically decreased because of building entry/exit times and los blockers.

Spamming Conscripts hasn't been effective for a few months now. Maybe with Advanced Warfare you can pull it off but it's just a huge mp drain.

I play some 2v2 too, there are more urban maps there. I just adjust my build order on them and rely more on conscripts, I tend to go Shocks only if I'm losing and need them to clear out Volks ASAP because Guards serve as a deterrent to the Luchs/Puma and PPSHs are way less MP intensive while being almost as good with some veterancy.
1 Feb 2016, 15:07 PM
Patrion 28

they're shit doctrines but the m-42 is actually very good against (and nothing else) OKW light vehicles, up to and including the lusch.

the price creep isn't an issue specific to soviets though. OKH grens are pretty bad, particularly early game, because they're cheaper and weaker than riflemen and IS but not enough cheaper to make enough more to counter riflemen and IS.
1 Feb 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 11:46 AMaaa

3 snipers into guards. rofl 3x360 + Nx330. Asuming before 2 cp you would have only snipers. winrate from coh2chart is lie i think.

It's a setup! Those dirty Nazifanboys are behind it. Better leave the forum now as fast as you can!
1 Feb 2016, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 11:46 AMaaa

winrate from coh2chart is lie i think.

Yeah ive saw a YouTube Video about it, the Nazi fanboys from relic are trying everything to cover up the axis opness and they even Fake stats and winrates and shit. Thanks For having the braveness to speak that out loud aaa
1 Feb 2016, 15:36 PM
Donator 22

Lol?! are you taking his quote of context? MGs require more micro then mobile main infantry because they require pack up time and has the smallest suppression field width-wise.

on some maps(depending on game mode) mgs are not requiring that much micro, because you can simply shut down whole areas, choke points, path or whatever.
1 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

they're shit doctrines but the m-42 is actually very good against (and nothing else) OKW light vehicles, up to and including the lusch.

the price creep isn't an issue specific to soviets though. OKH grens are pretty bad, particularly early game, because they're cheaper and weaker than riflemen and IS but not enough cheaper to make enough more to counter riflemen and IS.

The M-42 is useful for a minute or two, and then you're hamstrung by an utterly terrible doctrine that gives you no late-game infantry whatsoever. Hope you can use that Dushka, because nothing else can save you later on.

I actually find Grens to be reasonably priced, and worth their weight in many cases. Certainly, you can use them as mainline infantry far more than conscripts if you stick to cover and upgrade them; with G43s they can tackle anything short of fully upgraded rifles or shocks.
1 Feb 2016, 15:51 PM

Yeah a moving is hard is guess. what you describe only goes for the german hmg's and to some extend the 50 cal and vickers. but what your posting is plain old BS when the maxim has nearly instant setup and instant packup time. also far more durable with 2 more members.

In the past it was nearly impossible for the okw to defeat maxim spam on urban maps. fortunately this changed with the incendiary nade

1 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM

The M-42 is useful for a minute or two, and then you're hamstrung by an utterly terrible doctrine that gives you no late-game infantry whatsoever. Hope you can use that Dushka, because nothing else can save you later on.

I actually find Grens to be reasonably priced, and worth their weight in many cases. Certainly, you can use them as mainline infantry far more than conscripts if you stick to cover and upgrade them; with G43s they can tackle anything short of fully upgraded rifles or shocks.

Dude... you can have ZIS-3 LONG before M-42.

The only thing M-42 is good for is looking cool, because single one isn't even counter to Kubel.
1 Feb 2016, 16:04 PM

maxim spam shuts down okw entirely.
1 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 15:51 PMZyllen

Yeah a moving is hard is guess. what you describe only goes for the german hmg's and to some extend the 50 cal and vickers. but what your posting is plain old BS when the maxim has nearly instant setup and instant packup time. also far more durable with 2 more members.

In the past it was nearly impossible for the okw to defeat maxim spam on urban maps. fortunately this changed with the incendiary nade

LOL, I'd trade for any of the other MGs thank you very much because I can have a much wider covering arc. I can have 2 mg42/34/vicker/.50 cover each other with overlaying arcs but that's sort of useless with multiple maxims. Please try and repack in another slightly behind you. The maxim will packup, roll in a circle, before unpacking. Any flanking troops will win the engagement. Also, it is the only MG with cyclical death animation.

Again you're also taking it out of context. OKW Volks micro vs Maxim micro. Mass retreat to base vs mass retreat to FRP. Instant retreat vs. "un-setup"/pack up time retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★