Login

russian armor

COH2 now pay to win

1 Feb 2016, 13:13 PM

Well... I sure hope a 114-183mm rocket does something to a tank with only 5-14mms of armor.

How about killing King Tiger? there was a video about that.

Katyusha needs almost double time to kill Luchs.
It's not about killing, but time you need to do this.

I would also expect that 152mm gun would go through Tiger's or Panther's armor like knife thorugh butter but :foreveralone:
1 Feb 2016, 13:44 PM

You must get better bait. This one is crap. 5 seconds from first rocket till Luchs is dead.

I thought this was a troll thread.

On the serious side: Using paid commanders to win was always part of the game sadly, its not a new thing.
1 Feb 2016, 15:21 PM

Indeed, this is how things always been here..

New commanders are usually broken for a while, then nerfed to the ground...

Opels, Strafe runs, 1CP shocktroops, Assault grenediers, US Jeeps, Tiger Ace, Elite training, Soviet industry, CAS.. and the list goes on...

callieOP is just one of them along with the whole concept of the commander imo... just adapt until relic pay enough from these and fix them eventually.
1 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM

I guess you wern't around for Elite Troops and Soviet Industry release patch. :megusta:

I will never forget my precious elite troops. R.I.P. :*(
1 Feb 2016, 15:33 PM

"Now" pay2win? It was like that since I started playing.

P2win not in the sense you automatical win but you cant deny that most of the stronger commanders are indeed Premium ones. ( dont use warspoil as excuse, 400h in and 2 commander drops so far, so have fun getting the good ones through warspoil^^)
1 Feb 2016, 15:45 PM

"Now" pay2win? It was like that since I started playing.

P2win not in the sense you automatical win but you cant deny that most of the stronger commanders are indeed Premium ones. ( dont use warspoil as excuse, 400h in and 2 commander drops so far, so have fun getting the good ones through warspoil^^)

I have bought a commander when OKW was released, and on my first game with the new commander, i received another copy of it via WarSpoils. Now i have two of it..

I dont think i will ever buy a commander again :-)
1 Feb 2016, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 15:45 PMRiCE

I have bought a commander when OKW was released, and on my first game with the new commander, i received another copy of it via WarSpoils. Now i have two of it..

I dont think i will ever buy a commander again :-)

If you read through the warspoil thread that happends quite alot to many players..Its really suspicous :ph34r:
1 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM

If you read through the warspoil thread that happends quite alot to many players..Its really suspicous :ph34r:

Nah, RNG. I used to buy but then I just farm for warspoils and got the latest UKF/USF/OKW (7 commanders) for free!

*note electricity bill is not included
1 Feb 2016, 17:32 PM
Donator 11

This is absolutely a learn2play issue, sorry.
That is nothing to be annoyed about, but ranting about balance because of this is the wrong way to go.
It seems like you have been stomped by Allies lately. Yes, Allies are pretty strong at the moment (especially USF and Brits), but they can be beaten and the commanders you mentioned (at least the USF heavy infantry commander) is not as OP as you might thing. Rangers are really strong, yes, but the Pershing is not as good as it seems.

You don't buy an Ostwind as your first unit. To be honest, don't buy Ostwinds at all, because at the moment, a Panzer 4 is in 95% of the time definetly a better choice. Ostwind suffers against tanks and even a Soviet T70 can destroy it, if played right. The kiting (driving away in range with tanks) is an esential part of the gameplay and no balance issue. It would be way too easy hitting every tank with your Panzerfaust, wouldn't it?

Back to the commanders:
Yes there are commanders, that are better than others and mostly they are not free at the beginning. But every faction has them. And you can unlock the via war spoils. I haven't bought anything besides the game and WFA at all and still I win some games and lose some games.

Good post, exactly what I was going to say
1 Feb 2016, 18:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want commanders you should goto:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/25522/how-to-farm-war-spoils

3 Feb 2016, 04:39 AM

I would also expect that 152mm gun would go through Tiger's or Panther's armor like knife thorugh butter but :foreveralone:

Yeah. Its a damn shame on that regard.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS