Login

russian armor

3v3 Allies Cheese is super OP lol

26 Jan 2016, 14:21 PM

(Assuming you are not playing with randumbs

Well there ya go. Any AT is going to have a good advantage - especially one that knows how to make use of things like Artillery Cover that many/most people would agree needs nerfed. No different then Axis players who abused Stuka CAS when it was the infantry wiper of doom for a bit there.

If anything Coh2 charts show Axis with a higher win % in 3s this week and 4s are balanced.
26 Jan 2016, 14:26 PM

Combine any Cheese you can find.

Sov: Maxim, T70, Katyshua, Partysan, ML20, heavy call in
USF: 1919, Calliope
UKF: Snipers, mortars, Firefly, Artillery Cover

It's hilarious to see how people keep claiming allies is UP in 3v3+ lol.
(Assuming you are not playing with randumbs)
Just abuse the hell out of 1919 maxim sniper CalliOP and...
THE HOLY FIRERAIN OF OBLIVION - ARTILLERY COVER

Disclaimer: Allies top #1 in 16 games.

3 soviet going for full maxim lol?

Only two things you mention need to be tone down, which are calliope and artillery cover. The rest are fine.
26 Jan 2016, 14:33 PM

3 soviet going for full maxim lol?

Only two things you mention need to be tone down, which are calliope and artillery cover. The rest are fine.

Can't understand english eh?

COMBINE. not SPAM any of the following
26 Jan 2016, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 14:13 PMRiCE

Its inaccurate against moving targets... moving targets are inaccurate against infantry aswell..

But if they hit, the result is pretty good compared to its 40MU price. Especially because they often register rear damage. I always build a couple of them, to support my AT guns. Its great for this price imo...

When using PIAT you should never let the squad do the targeting. ONLY use ATTACK GROUND (G hotkey). wich is really precise with PIAT. And vs slow moving big targets its nearly impossible to miss with them. Funny thing is if they hit on top of front armor the game counts it as rear armor hit <444>_<444>
26 Jan 2016, 15:26 PM

Combine any Cheese you can find.

Sov: Maxim, T70, Katyshua, Partysan, ML20, heavy call in
USF: 1919, Calliope
UKF: Snipers, mortars, Firefly, Artillery Cover

It's hilarious to see how people keep claiming allies is UP in 3v3+ lol.
(Assuming you are not playing with randumbs)
Just abuse the hell out of 1919 maxim sniper CalliOP and...
THE HOLY FIRERAIN OF OBLIVION - ARTILLERY COVER

Disclaimer: Allies top #1 in 16 games.

I don't know what map you're playing but let's talk early game. 1919 is 3 cp. If USF saves all their muni for those mgs, there should be few zookas around and no grenades. UKF snipers is T1 so they're limited in early game IS or vicker's presence. pair along just 1 sniper and 1 mortar... that's 760 MP? their map presence should be very very low. flamer 251 ftw.

Assuming you play with decent mates, just rush 251 with flamer or p2. they seem to have very low anti armor units and the correct play can destroy their early game. Fortify key positions you hold with 1-2 bunkers and they'll never get to firely/artillery cover/ ml20/katy.
How is Sov able to get partisans, ml20, and heavy call in? that's 3 separate doctrines... someone's on crack. Firefly has a thread for it since some people think it's UP and heavily reliant on munis for tulips which should be toned down.

As another person stated, only calliope and artillery cover needs to be looked at on your list. Same goes for suxton, panzerwerfer, base 25 howitzers, valentine, greyhound... AA flak HQ, flak emplacement, pgren bundle grenade
26 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

I have to agree with siuking666, the allied cheese is insane. Even in the 4v4 tourney allies won every single game without any trouble.

Thunderhun
26 Jan 2016, 15:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
26 Jan 2016, 15:39 PM

As far as I know "Cheese" is a clunky rogue strategy that can get you an easy victory if you caught your opponent unprepared, but it can be quite easily countered by experienced player who is aware of what's going on.

I don't see how anything listed is "Cheesy", except maybe Partisans.

A word that frequently being used to wrong place.

Same thing happens with word "Spam" nowadays. Sometimes people call me a spammer because I build 2 units of same type.

These are just labels that people use to make themselves to look smarter than thier opponent.
26 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM

lol Support your AT gun?

Why don't you just go Tulip/mines/ARTILLERY COVER? :D

I do use mines, but those are only extras. You cant rely too much on mines imo.

Tulips are good but brit tanks are not cheap. When its possible i rather use Comets. Those are like panthers with better AI.

I use double PIATs on 210MP engineers, because Panthers and JP4s cant do much against them. PIATs and ATguns are usually enough against the first wave of axis tanks. I like to get AVRE as the first or 2nd tank to get rid of axis infantry.

Artillery cover is a bit OP imo.
26 Jan 2016, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 12:07 PMJohnnyB

....Aaaand we are in a constant search for it no matter if we play Axis or Allied. And this is normal, because we are humans. Freud would understand. :D

We are searching for easy pleasure, that is given to us by cheesing to get the pleasure of the victory, it's the neuroses of coh2 players

I knew philosophy class would help one day :snfPeter:
26 Jan 2016, 16:59 PM

I don't know what map you're playing but let's talk early game. 1919 is 3 cp. If USF saves all their muni for those mgs, there should be few zookas around and no grenades. UKF snipers is T1 so they're limited in early game IS or vicker's presence. pair along just 1 sniper and 1 mortar... that's 760 MP? their map presence should be very very low. flamer 251 ftw.

Assuming you play with decent mates, just rush 251 with flamer or p2. they seem to have very low anti armor units and the correct play can destroy their early game. Fortify key positions you hold with 1-2 bunkers and they'll never get to firely/artillery cover/ ml20/katy.
How is Sov able to get partisans, ml20, and heavy call in? that's 3 separate doctrines... someone's on crack. Firefly has a thread for it since some people think it's UP and heavily reliant on munis for tulips which should be toned down.

As another person stated, only calliope and artillery cover needs to be looked at on your list. Same goes for suxton, panzerwerfer, base 25 howitzers, valentine, greyhound... AA flak HQ, flak emplacement, pgren bundle grenade

it's not difficult to bring out a ZiS or 6 Pounder isn't it? or Stuart? Mines?

Or Tactical Support gives you a Vicker + 6P with just 150 munition.
26 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM

I have to agree with siuking666, the allied cheese is insane. Even in the 4v4 tourney allies won every single game without any trouble.

Thunderhun

I have to say we won that game against you in 2v2 Crossing in the Woods with Calliope and KV8 IS2 call in
and that was cheesy as f**k.
26 Jan 2016, 17:04 PM

cheese was always real in 3v3-4v4, even in 1v1-2v2 if you look at a guy like price.
but now allies can also play cheesy, even the m1919 and calliOP spam is really ridiculous.
even if i hate facing it: all hail brit turtle tactics (only when i use it keepo)
26 Jan 2016, 18:41 PM

cheese was always real in 3v3-4v4, even in 1v1-2v2 if you look at a guy like price.
but now allies can also play cheesy, even the m1919 and calliOP spam is really ridiculous.
even if i hate facing it: all hail brit turtle tactics (only when i use it keepo)

Cheese - the core idea of this game.

Price should be perma-banned after all the stunts, abuses, exploits he pulled;
and he was trolling here pretending innocence after he got banned, so mature.

Brit doesn't have to turtle, cromwell rush + swarm is always viable. It's cheap as hell and fast to field.
Artillery Cover is just a bonus.

26 Jan 2016, 18:51 PM

So I guess Axis cheese suddenly doesn't exist now.
26 Jan 2016, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Why does relic always fucking screw up artillery? 75% of all that is OP, are those that wipe uncontrollably. Namely ARTILLERY. Flame vehicles get nerfed into uselessness, but time and time again we get artillery that is wiping entire armies off the face of the planet every other patch.
26 Jan 2016, 19:07 PM

Why does relic always fucking screw up artillery? 75% of all that is OP, are those that wipe uncontrollably. Namely ARTILLERY. Flame vehicles get nerfed into uselessness, but time and time again we get artillery that is wiping entire armies off the face of the planet every other patch.

RELIC.

the ret**ds that designed vCoH Brits and PE

then the same ret**ds that designed Soviet / USF / OKW
27 Jan 2016, 08:54 AM

Can't understand english eh?

COMBINE. not SPAM any of the following

If you post like that, people will think Soviet maxim, katyusha and stuffs are parts of the problem.
They actually are not.

When calliope and artillery cover are nerf, will the Soviet stuffs still be cheese? I think not.
27 Jan 2016, 12:24 PM

If you post like that, people will think Soviet maxim, katyusha and stuffs are parts of the problem.
They actually are not.

When calliope and artillery cover are nerf, will the Soviet stuffs still be cheese? I think not.

People who think so are stupid and can't understand English.
29 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

thats balancing overall in a nutshell. either something is op, or its beyond useless.
remember when bofors, okw AAHT was wiping infantry in building withing seconds? now it does close to zero damage at all. balancing done right.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★