Login

russian armor

Allies is almost impossible to lose in 3v3/4v4

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
26 Jan 2016, 04:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Im neutral on your discussion just want to ask because im not sure how mechanics works.
Dont you need to Win versus (for example) top 5 teams to gain #1? Or can you just "grind" your way up without ever playing versus decent enemies?

no you dont you can go 10-0 against pure randoms and be top 30 or better in 4v4
26 Jan 2016, 04:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Im neutral on your discussion just want to ask because im not sure how mechanics works.
Dont you need to Win versus (for example) top 5 teams to gain #1? Or can you just "grind" your way up without ever playing versus decent enemies?

First 10 to 20 games, MMR overvalues your rank by quite a bit. EVEN after that, you can just spam many games and you will eventually break down to top100 or top50. You don't necessarily need to be as good as those above or at your level, rather than been able to beat those below you.
26 Jan 2016, 05:11 AM
Donator 11

First 10 to 20 games, MMR overvalues your rank by quite a bit. EVEN after that, you can just spam many games and you will eventually break down to top100 or top50. You don't necessarily need to be as good as those above or at your level, rather than been able to beat those below you.

Well said. And which exactly is the reason why the leaderboards don't mean much. Just because your #1 doesn't mean you will beat #2 most of the time, it just means your ELO is higher most likely due to stomping players below your ELO or around it but rarely above your ELO..'
26 Jan 2016, 05:15 AM

no you dont you can go 10-0 against pure randoms and be top 30 or better in 4v4

Thx for the answers but I think you guys missunderstood me. I was asking speficially about #1 not top 30 etc, rank numbero uno.

Well said. And which exactly is the reason why the leaderboards don't mean much. Just because your #1 doesn't mean you will beat #2 most of the time, it just means your ELO is higher most likely due to stomping players below your ELO or around it but rarely above your ELO..'

Im not quite sure if that's right, I Highly respect many top 10 players And their skills :(
26 Jan 2016, 05:54 AM

L2P Nub
26 Jan 2016, 06:41 AM

Do you understand any team of players with 1,000 hours or more and or top 200 skill could probably go 20-0 in team games with allies or axis simply because you will almost always play vs randoms that cant tell their shoe from their dick and not the other top AT's? When did i call anyone a noob? Can you read?

???????

Like when i asked for the calliope to be nerfed like a week ago? Like when i said "give ostheer panzer 3 to counter allied vehicles" about 3 times this past week. dafuq?

when I said "axis was ezmode" i was clearly referring to pre brit release in 4v4s.......which only a donkey would disagree with that.

again, can you read? Are you stupid?

0/10 shitposts m8.

I agree, that's why I don't really like these modes. :foreveralone:

Dont you need to Win versus (for example) top 5 teams to gain #1?

You need, indeed.
26 Jan 2016, 08:08 AM

Do you understand any team of players with 1,000 hours or more and or top 200 skill could probably go 20-0 in team games with allies or axis simply because you will almost always play vs randoms that cant tell their shoe from their dick and not the other top AT's? When did i call anyone a noob? Can you read?

???????

Like when i asked for the calliope to be nerfed like a week ago? Like when i said "give ostheer panzer 3 to counter allied vehicles" about 3 times this past week. dafuq?

when I said "axis was ezmode" i was clearly referring to pre brit release in 4v4s.......which only a donkey would disagree with that.

again, can you read? Are you stupid?

0/10 shitposts m8.

first of all, you seriously need to calm down, "m8".

regarding "just" going 20-0, you can ofc get lucky and only get randoms that lack the coordination that an AT has. getting rank 1 on top of that you pretty much have to beat top teams to get there with this little amount of games.

i didn't read any of those posts, must have been in topics i didn't read. not going to sift through all of your posts, but i know for certain that you were still saying that axis are too strong (or something along the lines of that) way after brit release, and no, not after OKW rework. at a time when winrates were clearly showing that they weren't.

even if i repeat myself here... just go out and play some games as axis, and you'd start to feel the pain. just like i would like to play some allies again, but currently (at least in 1v1) it's almost impossible to get a game as allies because of 90+% allies searching... and i'm pretty tired of getting smashed into the ground repeatedly by players that i feel are worse than me.

the basic mechanics are fairly easy. i'll start explaining from a 1v1 perspective first:
you start with a fixed "rating" number. when searching for a game, the engine tries to match you with a player with roughly the same rating as you. depending on the rating difference and outcome of the game, you either gain or lose points. the bigger the difference in rating, the more points you get for beating your opponent (if his rating was higher) or the more points you lose (if his rating was lower).

in team games, the mechanic is similar, but since relic never told us how exactly they match people, everything from here on out is mostly conjecture and educated guess based on experience.

most likely, ATs get a "bonus" to their rating, so they either get matched with "better" random players, or with other ATs that have a similar rating. since the game somehow has to get multiple players in a team that at least roughly match the rating value of the AT when mixing teams, you can have weird stuff like say 2 top 50 players playing with a 2000+ player vs. a rank ~250 AT team. whether this is unfair, and if so for which side, i leave up to you, but i guess everyone agrees that it's not exactly the optimal scenario.

the basic underlying mechanics are still the same though: your opponent is way worse? you get less points. so getting to rank 1 becomes a grind (playing against loads and loads of "bad" players to just get a few points) if you don't get matched with good teams.

also noteworthy: pretty sure it also is in coh2 (definitely was in coh, and i think it was in coh2 also, at least around release), if you keep searching for a game for a long time, the engine "widens" the rating window in which it tries to match players with you. ergo: the longer you are searching, the more likely you get matched with either a dud or a stud. so if you want to make sure that you only get "interesting" games, restart your queue every minute or so.
26 Jan 2016, 08:18 AM

3vs3 is probably easy mode for ally AT, I played a 3vs3 on Redball Express yesterday, how could Axis win on that map on 3vs3 if the Ally team has some coordination and know how to play.

Imo 3vs3 is a really special flavor because its all depending on the map, or its too small: 2vs2 maps adapted for 3vs3, or its too big, 4vs4 maps adapted for 3vs3.

On 4vs4, Allies require much more coordination than Axis. You can play as Axis more or less as you want and it will always fit the meta.
Playing Allies requires you to stick to the meta, to pickup a role and not deviate from it.

I think also easy OKW blob is deserving Axis teamplay. I faced many Axis team that just blob as OKW and support as Ostheer. The strategy is really poor and only works vs lower skilled players. So when they face equal skilled players, they don't know how to use their effective tools (luch/puma/flakHT etc...).
I see that when I play 4vs4 with my clan, if I'm with 3 good players, we usually win easily. If I'm with some less skilled players, we usually lose or win with a lot of difficulties because some of my mates still have difficulties to counter blobs.

Last, position is an important factor. If you can decide were you start on Steppes (for example), its already a big advantage Allies have on Axis.
26 Jan 2016, 08:26 AM

In all the various games we've played in 3vs3 and 4vs4 as NS so far, the highest ranked AT opponent we got was rank 47. We're ranked rank between #6 and #12 now after 10-ish games in all the modes we played.

This is also one of the big issues of playing as Axis. I feel that playing Axis in teamgames with the new allied cheese requires a bit of a different take than 1vs1 does, but there's no way you can practice because you're basically just stomping noobs 19 times out of 20 in automatch.

And yes you can get rank 1 without facing anyone good in teamgames because the matchmaking doesn't work well in these large game sizes, people don't play AT that much so the ELO differences aren't too high and the game rewards stomping people who never have a chance against you way too much in terms of ELO.
26 Jan 2016, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:26 AMCruzz

And yes you can get rank 1 without facing anyone good in teamgames because the matchmaking doesn't work well in these large game sizes, people don't play AT that much so the ELO differences aren't too high and the game rewards stomping people who never have a chance against you way too much in terms of ELO.

If you grind a lot, it may be possible, but if you achieve this in a short period of time and so little amount of games, you require to beat "good" teams.

However, some of them are just good on the numbers, not their skills.
26 Jan 2016, 08:44 AM

Hello.

So, if i summ up the OP and the whole discussion, you are on a loosing streak and you are loosing because of balance and not because your ennemy are better than you?

Interesting.

Kozo.
26 Jan 2016, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:44 AMKozokus
Hello.

So, if i summ up the OP and the whole discussion, you are on a loosing streak and you are loosing because of balance and not because your ennemy are better than you?

Interesting.

Kozo.

Its pretty much the opposite, OP made the thread to show his e-penis with 18 or so victories streak in 3vs3AT and rank1.
26 Jan 2016, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:36 AMPorygon

If you grind a lot, it may be possible, but if you achieve this in a short period of time and so little amount of games, you require to beat "good" teams.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the other way around.

If you play a bunch of games in a short period of time you're basically guaranteed to get a high rank unless you get insanely low ranked randoms opponents every single time. We got #6 as axis in 11 games without facing anyone over rank 50 (The rank 47 game was in the 3vs3 ladder). That's the level of competition on the ladder in team games.
26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:51 AMCruzz

If you play a bunch of games in a short period of time you're basically guaranteed to get a high rank unless you get insanely low ranked randoms opponents every single time. We got #6 as axis in 11 games without facing anyone over rank 50 (The rank 47 game was in the 3vs3 ladder). That's the level of competition on the ladder in team games.

Don't bother man, this guy just lies and I explained here why he is lying

He played a total of 70something 3v3/4v4 games in his whole life and he feels confident enough he is unbeatable in 3v3/4v4 mode, and I told him, if I beat you in those modes will you come here and say you were mistaken?!! no anwer!
26 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:48 AMEsxile

Its pretty much the opposite, OP made the thread to show his e-penis with 18 or so victories streak in 3vs3AT and rank1.

Sorry, it seems that i read what i wandted to and not what was actually written.
This is even worse than i thought.

But my question is still valid.

Kozo.
26 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AMAladdin

I know he is lying, but might as well make it clear just how easy ranking up in these modes is with an AT.
26 Jan 2016, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:00 AMAladdin

He played a total of 70something 3v3/4v4 games in his whole life and he feels confident enough he is unbeatable in 3v3/4v4 mode, and I told him, if I beat you in those modes will you come here and say you were mistaken?!! no anwer!

You don't really need a lot of games in these modes.

If you're experienced in 2s and are top 100-200 there, you probably will be able to pull top 50 effortlessly in 4s with AT and will have to put little effort to get top 20 or better there.

These modes are and will not be competitive, all you need to do to never meet any challenging opponent is to play off prime time.
26 Jan 2016, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:51 AMCruzz

If it is your case, with respect, I wouldn't challenge you, like what that childish Disney Kiddo do. Facts are facts. But in our case, we did beat 7-8 top 50 teams there, I don't really think they were actually good.

There is recent match history at the ladder, just in case of that aggressive kiddo keep accusing me lying. :hansGG:

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:10 AMKatitof

If you're experienced in 2s and are top 100-200 there, you probably will be able to pull top 50 effortlessly in 4s with AT and will have to put little effort to get top 20 or better there.

These modes are and will not be competitive, all you need to do to never meet any challenging opponent is to play off prime time.

Indeed they are NOT competitive, balance does not exist there.
We did 2v2 up to top 20 once, it is just easy as ABC in 3v3.
26 Jan 2016, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:10 AMKatitof

I agree with you, you can got there probably, but NOT TO THINK YOU ARE NOW UNBEATABLE, anyways I don't wanna discuss anymore fore the reason I mentioned
26 Jan 2016, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 14:32 PMAladdin

how about I play axis and you play allies with your rank! team, and see if you can beat me? lol you just played 18 games got a fake placement with 18 games and reckon u are such a pro to say that? :) keep playing till you face good opponent and then try to come and make bullshit threads like this

Will you come and say you were mistaken if I beat your team?

WOOOO someone's salty and jealous.

Sure, wouldn't take 15 mins to beat some noobs like you lollll
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment