Login

russian armor

Allies is almost impossible to lose in 3v3/4v4

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
26 Jan 2016, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:18 AMPorygon

There is recent match history at the ladder, just in case of that aggressive kiddo keep accusing me lying. :hansGG:

You said you beat Focus's rank 1 team, and you are obviously lying and I showed you how and why you are lying
26 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:51 AMAladdin

You said you beat Focus's rank 1 team, and you are obviously lying and I showed you how and why you are lying

Alright, so there must be some sort of Focus imposter, ya, ya.
26 Jan 2016, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 08:51 AMCruzz

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the other way around.

If you play a bunch of games in a short period of time you're basically guaranteed to get a high rank unless you get insanely low ranked randoms opponents every single time. We got #6 as axis in 11 games without facing anyone over rank 50 (The rank 47 game was in the 3vs3 ladder). That's the level of competition on the ladder in team games.

You do realize your argument here contradict itself?

You said you can spam games to spam up your rank, but then you say playing fewer games actually give a more inflated rank.

Sure, it can be done either way, but in the context of playing around 15 games only, (it's not spamming games), you can't expect to go up to Rank 1 without beating top teams multiple times. (and this is a fact from the match history)

26 Jan 2016, 10:24 AM

You do realize your argument here contradict itself?

I don't see how it contradicts itself. The easiest way by far to rank up in these game modes is start a new team and play 10 games without losing. This will guarantee you a hugely inflated ELO compared to what you would get by playing those same games with an already existing AT due to how the game predicts an ELO after 10 games with no losses.

If you get an initial ranking within rank 10 with 10 games, you are pretty much guaranteed to reach top 3 within 20 games no matter what kind of scrubs you get matched with as long as you keep winning.

Sure, it can be done either way, but in the context of playing around 15 games only, (it's not spamming games), you can't expect to go up to Rank 1 without beating top teams multiple times. (and this is a fact from the match history)

I can't believe I'm wasting time on this, but ok lets look at your match history

vs rank 34 AT
vs rank 34 AT
vs rank 1638 2 man AT with 1 random
vs rank 18 AT
vs rank 3869 2 man AT with 1 random
vs unranked 3 man AT (rank ~1200 )
vs unranked 3 man AT (rank ~200)

So you beat one decent team in the past 8 games, 5 games were completely free wins and two games (against same opponent) were games you were clearly favored in though opponent atleast had a chance to win.
26 Jan 2016, 10:42 AM

Cruzz, I have no idea of your standard of "decent" then, but anyway, that was those Focus guys we beaten to bump our rank from 20 into 3 if I remember correctly, they did somehow well in the early game but their build and strategy was a total failure. The other so called top 40 scrub teams were a joke.

Also assume CELO working properly, they were rank 1, unless that software is flawed. :)
26 Jan 2016, 13:21 PM

WTF all this post and wirting here, don't even read, allieds are just op, trust me i love axis >:(
26 Jan 2016, 14:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Im not quite sure if that's right, I Highly respect many top 10 players And their skills :(

I'm not saying that they are not good, but would you think that, for example,
PanzerGrenadierAngreifen is better than DevM because the first one is higher on the ladder as Axis?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 09:51 AMAladdin

He beat these guys:
[ƒocus]™ Archangel Michael
Aracur
[ƒocus]™ JohnBravo

By looking at the playercard, it shows they have few games 13/2. It's quite possible they were top1 or close after leaving the qualifying games.
26 Jan 2016, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 10:24 AMCruzz

I don't see how it contradicts itself. The easiest way by far to rank up in these game modes is start a new team and play 10 games without losing. This will guarantee you a hugely inflated ELO compared to what you would get by playing those same games with an already existing AT due to how the game predicts an ELO after 10 games with no losses.

If you get an initial ranking within rank 10 with 10 games, you are pretty much guaranteed to reach top 3 within 20 games no matter what kind of scrubs you get matched with as long as you keep winning.

I can't believe I'm wasting time on this, but ok lets look at your match history

vs rank 34 AT
vs rank 34 AT
vs rank 1638 2 man AT with 1 random
vs rank 18 AT
vs rank 3869 2 man AT with 1 random
vs unranked 3 man AT (rank ~1200 )

So you beat one decent team in the past 8 games, 5 games were completely free wins and two games (against same opponent) were games you were clearly favored in though opponent atleast had a chance to win.

Cruzz, I have no idea of your standard of "decent" then, but anyway, that was those Focus guys we beaten to bump our rank from 20 into 3 if I remember correctly, they did somehow well in the early game but their build and strategy was a total failure. The other so called top 40 scrub teams were a joke.

Also assume CELO working properly, they were rank 1, unless that software is flawed. :)

+ I dont disagree that ranks are hyperinflated when you're unranked vs scrubs and especially in 3v3 4v4.

+ those 3 teams are now ranked 34 and 18 because we beat them multiple times and pulled them way down the ranking ladder.

+ those focus guys are not playing on their full AT team. Sure they rank low on history but they are top 1 when we matched against them. Unless CELO lies.

26 Jan 2016, 14:15 PM

He beat these guys:
Aracur
[ƒocus]™ JohnBravo

By looking at the playercard, it shows they have few games 13/2. It's quite possible they were top1 or close after leaving the qualifying games.

Finally someone with a brain, not straight out flaming and accusing like that Disney kiddo.
26 Jan 2016, 14:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In conclusion, and if everyone wants to know, ladder as in any other teamgame oriented is flawed.

26 Jan 2016, 15:07 PM
Donator 11

Something wrong here? You're telling me you deserve #1 over all the dudes below you with hundreds of games worth of experience? You're telling me your ELO isn't inflated? And look at the winstreaks, it's not strange to win repeatedly over and over and over again because of most of the wins are versus randoms.

#3 has +22, #17 has friggin +45, #14 has +20, and so on.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

This is Axis top 15 and the above is Allies top 16. Why is it that every single one of them have ridiculous winstreaks as well? Wouldn't it make sense if an Allies team is on a crazy winstreak, then the Axis team should have a low winstreak or a loss streak? Simple,

NO GOOD ARRANGED TEAM VERSE EACH OTHER

The fact of the matter is (from personal experience too), most of the matches you will play in automatch randoms is a grindfest versus players WAY below your ELO. It is quite boring and is the reason why I actually prefer playing randoms over arranged, because at least there is a challenge with randoms.
26 Jan 2016, 15:23 PM

He beat these guys:
Aracur
[ƒocus]™ JohnBravo

No man it's quite impossible because I have eyes on ladder too often everyday and I know those guys very well, they've never been on that rank anytime

plus with 13/2 and win steak +6 it means they got their placement as 8/2 which means they could have never been #1 with 8/2
26 Jan 2016, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 15:23 PMAladdin

No man it's quite impossible because I have eyes on ladder too often everyday and I know those guys very well, they've never been on that rank anytime

26 Jan 2016, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 10:24 AMCruzz

It works in every mode except 1s. Dusty and I got into the top 5 of 2v2 in 15 games.

Also if you decay you lose elo correct? The system seems to favor activity > games played.
26 Jan 2016, 15:30 PM

Team games are lame, leave it and play some skill 1v1 Kappa
26 Jan 2016, 15:31 PM

1v1 and 2v2 a Luch is mostly of the time enough to counter the cheese, since the cheese comes a bit later with the new meta.
26 Jan 2016, 16:10 PM

1v1 and 2v2 a Luch is mostly of the time enough to counter the cheese, since the cheese comes a bit later with the new meta.

But... in 1s and 2s, if there is no UKF present, the Luchs is the very cheeze since OKW revamp :foreveralone:
26 Jan 2016, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2016, 16:10 PMKatitof

But... in 1s and 2s, if there is no UKF present, the Luchs is the very cheeze since OKW revamp :foreveralone:

:sibHeart:
26 Jan 2016, 16:30 PM

Ladders ranks mean nothing thanks to decay. I lost number of top-10 teams just to this BS decay coz it impossible to play every mode every week with different teams. We even lost our 4v4 rank for some time, coz, apparently, having 120-0 streak is not enough to be top1.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS