Login

russian armor

Move StuG III-G to T2 or T2.5

25 Jan 2016, 18:44 PM

Give ostheer Pz III to T2 after resarch BP2 which could be like Stuart (better AT than AI) or give them Puma to T2 after resarch of BP2
Rework T-70 and P2 and their wipe ability.
25 Jan 2016, 18:44 PM

wouldn't this just destroy SOV T1 M3 and UKF carrier?

I don't know the values but I think the pak40 one-shots or reduces hp by 95%

New OST build order, 1 MG, 1 pak40 at the beginning of game. Engis sight, MG suppress, pak kills vehicles. Point lock down the moment the game begins...

yes maybe this early pak is extreme idea but sniper in T2 sounds wise this would help brits in very early game cuz fast 2 snipers can easily defeat them
25 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

Wouldn't this just destroy SOV T1 M3 and UKF carrier?

New OST build order, 1 MG, 1 pak40 at the beginning of game. Engis sight, MG suppress, pak kills vehicles. Point lock down the moment the game begins...
PaK does not one hit either the M3 or the Universal Carrier and it's a lot of manpower to counter an M3 or Universal Carrier.

Meanwhile, moving the Sniper to T2 without giving the Ostheer some sort of buff in return would completely gimp the faction.

Also, the Universal Carrier needs a buff of some sort.
25 Jan 2016, 20:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PaK does not one hit either the M3 or the Universal Carrier and it's a lot of manpower to counter an M3 or Universal Carrier.

Also, the Universal Carrier needs a buff of some sort.

Pretty much all of these (PaK leaves the M3A1 and UC with 40 health left).
25 Jan 2016, 20:09 PM

Would prefer PaK to T1 and Sniper to T2, thing as that would address a lot of balance problems.

Worst idea ever, say bye bye to your ostruppen commanders since you'll need to build T1 any times for the pak and T2 for the 222.

Pak T1 is a false good idea since building a pak too early will cripple your economy, one less squad on the field just to counter light vehicle that can circle you. You don't really need pak a before T2 in any cases and the 222 is by far enough to counter light vehicle play.

I can only see it as valuable to spam heavy T1 into Tiger, and nobody wants this meta back.
25 Jan 2016, 20:12 PM

The idea isn't really to give you the PaK earlier per-say. It just means that you're not forced to build T2 at the ~5-6 minute mark to counter light vehicles.
25 Jan 2016, 20:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Stronger 222 instead, please. I would rather give that unit at least the ability to deter the other light armoured vehicles than be target practice for anything not the UC or M3 and give Ostheer at least the option to have an effective mobile unit, even if it costs more.
25 Jan 2016, 22:08 PM

Honestly the only flaw in Ost's design is the 222. Consider if it was a Skdz 250:

-it can chase snipers and no AT units just like 222

-it lets you flank support weapons with Panzgrens (a large purpose of the unit, really)

-It could have a light 37mm cannon upgrade for 90 munis that gives it both AT and AI

Now every doctrine currently with a 250 HT would get a 222 call-in, instead.
aaa
25 Jan 2016, 22:32 PM

Stronger 222 instead, please. I would rather give that unit at least the ability to deter the other light armoured vehicles than be target practice for anything not the UC or M3 and give Ostheer at least the option to have an effective mobile unit, even if it costs more.
222 already get a tripple buff. While t70 is the same as 10years ago..

1. 222 was M3-like shit. Now its a serious threath to t70. Which previously could kill infinite number of those 222s.
2. redicolous cost decrease (-60 muni), that is also means time of arrival buff. Muni>fuel at that stage.
3. Anti-sniper buff. That ostheer absolutely dont need.
25 Jan 2016, 23:11 PM

Honestly the only flaw in Ost's design is the 222. Consider if it was a Skdz 250:

-it can chase snipers and no AT units just like 222

-it lets you flank support weapons with Panzgrens (a large purpose of the unit, really)

-It could have a light 37mm cannon upgrade for 90 munis that gives it both AT and AI

Now every doctrine currently with a 250 HT would get a 222 call-in, instead.
Would be strange having two halftracks in T2 though. Maybe the 250 could replace the 251?

Also, I'd like to see the OKW searchlight halftrack replaced with an actual 250/251 halftrack.
25 Jan 2016, 23:59 PM

Would be strange having two halftracks in T2 though. Maybe the 250 could replace the 251?

Also, I'd like to see the OKW searchlight halftrack replaced with an actual 250/251 halftrack.

It is called the Mechanized Company, though, and it has PzGrens. If anything two halftracns would open up more tactics while not removing any current ones.
27 Jan 2016, 02:51 AM

Why not add a Pz III to T2 and unlock it when tech to BP2? Also move 222 to T1 and unlock it when tech to BP1.Ost early game issue solved.
27 Jan 2016, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 08:21 AMashxu

That's an interesting idea actually

Agreed. I would be ok with this.
27 Jan 2016, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 14:30 PMTNrg

The thing is, Ostheer kind of needs the sniper to be competitive against the riflemen

Agreed it helps against the riflemen but the amount of double sniper starts I get every time I play UKF is disheartening.

I know playing against double Sov sniper as Whier can be a bitch as you have the same 4 squad size but the cost of each model lost effects the UKF more and the rifle grenade can be devistating on a distracted player.

If anyone has a reasonable suggestion on countering the double sniper start as UKF I would love any tips. I personally haven't seen a stream where someone has effectively countered it. UKF sniper comes too late and the only time I saw someone using a UC to harass it was immobilized by grens hidden around a corner and that was that.
27 Jan 2016, 10:56 AM

If I can still bury it with 2 Con AT nades I guess I would be ok with this.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 10:46 AMGumboot

Agreed it helps against the riflemen but the amount of double sniper starts I get every time I play UKF is disheartening.

I know playing against double Sov sniper as Whier can be a bitch as you have the same 4 squad size but the cost of each model lost effects the UKF more and the rifle grenade can be devistating on a distracted player.

If anyone has a reasonable suggestion on countering the double sniper start as UKF I would love any tips. I personally haven't seen a stream where someone has effectively countered it. UKF sniper comes too late and the only time I saw someone using a UC to harass it was immobilized by grens hidden around a corner and that was that.

Get a wasp on the UC and attack ground? Once you learn the Wasp micro dance it will FORCE them to dedicate something to kill it. That's what I have seen my Britbro do. I have seen him keep that thing alive till I get a KV8 in most of our games.
28 Jan 2016, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 20:09 PMEsxile

Worst idea ever, say bye bye to your ostruppen commanders since you'll need to build T1 any times for the pak and T2 for the 222.

Pak T1 is a false good idea since building a pak too early will cripple your economy, one less squad on the field just to counter light vehicle that can circle you. You don't really need pak a before T2 in any cases and the 222 is by far enough to counter light vehicle play.

Many ppl would be offended by this statement.
28 Jan 2016, 07:59 AM

Many ppl think because they build a counter they'll automatically kill their targets, like M20/M3 should explode at the same moment 222 hit the field because oh-oh you build a 222!!!
Unfortunately for them, it doesn't :D
28 Jan 2016, 08:25 AM

Because many people think equally of light vehicle and light tanks.
28 Jan 2016, 08:40 AM

No.

That would make early base-raping too easy and negate light vehicles.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★