Login

russian armor

Various bugs: commandos, artillery & ninjas

25 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

Hm I am testing a bit more with camo and when sprint kick in...rather difficult to tell...

It seem to me it start when attack order is given or it no connected to firing at all (some times when cloaked they move holding their gun from the front in one hand indicating they sprint) but does not apply to the whole squad only to members is cover...

Might be mistaken if it start from first shot...still imo it does not really hinder the use commandos...
25 Jan 2016, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 14:02 PMMyself

Hm I am testing a bit more with camo and when sprint kick in...rather difficult to tell...

It seem to me it start when attack order is given or it no connected to firing at all (some times when cloaked they move holding their gun from the front in one hand indicating they sprint) but does not apply to the whole squad only to members is cover...

Might be mistaken if it start from first shot...still imo it does not really hinder the use commandos...

Those are all good finds. I am adding them to the OP under 1.5.

Stealth will allow you to close-in on your enemy without much risk anyway; you don't need sprint for that.

However, the moment you open fire, the enemy can easily nullify your ambush by hitting the retreat button. In this case, what do you do?
- If you stay stationary, you can benefit from the 50% accuracy bonus. However, that doesn't mean much if the enemy can run out of your optimal shooting range within 0.5 secs
- If you decide to chase the retreating squad your commandos will not be able to fire on the move (because they are sprinting; and they can't fire while sprinting)
- All you are left with is a 350/500MP squad that can deal no damage.

This is why I have been avoiding the sprint "buff" like the plague, and that's why I called it a double-edged sword in my previous post.

Yes, I acknowledge that sprint is situationally useful. However, most of the issues I have had with the squad is wiping retreating enemies rather than sneaking the squad in, in the first place.

Now, once the accuracy bonus gets fixed, I might reconsider my opinion on sprint.
25 Jan 2016, 15:32 PM

Have you actually seen commandos retain a 5-second sprint while being stealthed (i.e., without firing a shot)? I think that's the buggy behaviour that we are after here.

If you are seeing some members momentarily dash for cover (a guards-like "dance"), then that's normal. Most close-combat troops diplay this behaviour when you tell them to attack at long range.

Please let me know so that I know whether to keep or remove this report from the original list.
25 Jan 2016, 15:45 PM

Have you actually seen commandos retain a 5-second sprint while being stealthed (i.e., without firing a shot)? I think that's the buggy behaviour that we are after here.

If you are seeing some members momentarily dash for cover (a guards-like "dance"), then that's normal. Most close-combat troops diplay this behaviour when you tell them to attack at long range.

Please let me know so that I know whether to keep or remove this report from the original list.

I seem like some times when moving certain squad members will hold weapon in one hand similar to "sprinting" units and move faster, the whole squad move in normal speed...They might have a different speed modifier for rough terrain that helps move faster when in some sort of terrain...Rather difficult to tell.
25 Jan 2016, 15:51 PM

That's very likely the squad formation at play. All squads "suffer" from this when you try to change the squad orientation, when some members have lagged behind. Unless you have experienced something else (again, with a duration of 5+ seconds), I am removing this from the bug list.
25 Jan 2016, 16:20 PM

Off topic but is there anyway to change squad formation?
25 Jan 2016, 16:21 PM

Off topic but is there anyway to change squad formation?

no, squad formation are unique to infantry types... but you can chose ow tight they are when using cover...the further way from the cover you point the less tight they will be...ask this thing in strategy section pls
25 Jan 2016, 16:29 PM

What about answering him here, instead of pointing to the strategy section?
Only Relic postRelic 25 Jan 2016, 19:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Cruzz is back, and there was some interesting discussion going on in his thread. Cruzz did the vast majority of the detective work, I am just merely reporting it:

1. Commandos ambush bonus (accuracy) is bugged (infinite duration)

2. All artillery reticules are misleading; scatter_offset complicates things further

3. The popcap cost of the doctrinal soviet mortar (120mm) is too high @ 13 popcap

4. The DPS of Tommy vet3 scoped rifles is, again, inferior to the vanilla riles they have

5. AEC Thread shot bug (clue)

6. Comet projectile still not fixed

7. British infantry benefits from additional -10% received accuracy in light/heavy cover (intended?)

8. Three shades of Bren (The Dropped Weapons edition)

9. British medics & The Hippocratic oath (oversight?)

10. Sapper destroy cover doesn't work vs constructed sandbags

11. British default weapon crews (Vickers/AT guns etc) have a 6.6 rear armor (probably doesn't affect anything)

Links to relevant posts (in case I forgot to highlight something!):
http://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/476198
http://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know/post/476214

1. Added to Database
2. Passing to Balance Team
3. Issue is in Database
4. Added to Database
5. Issue is in Database
6. Issue is in Database
7. Intented Design
8. Added to Database
9. Intended Design
10. Intended Design on Charnge, Vaulting was already reported and should be fixed in next Patch (all Engineer/Pioneer Type Squads)
11. Not an Issue, Value doesn't actually do anything

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight